These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Details and update on the Ice Anomaly design

First post First post
Author
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-05-08 16:03:17 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Hey everyone. We're updating SISI now with Odyssey, and it's not quite going to have our latest Ice designs in this build. So I wanted to give a clear update on our plans here so you all don't get confused by the numbers live on SISI today.

Here's what we currently have planned for the volumes of ice in each Ice Anomaly:

Highsec:
2500 units of standard racial ice.

Lowsec:
3000 units of standard racial ice
400 units of Glare Crust

Nullsec with weak truesec (0.0 to -0.5):
3000 units of improved racial ice
400 units of Glare Crust
500 units of Dark Glitter
200 units of Gelidus

Nullsec with strong truesec (-0.5 to -1.0):
3500 units of improved racial ice
400 units of Glare Crust
1000 units of Dark Glitter
300 units of Gelidus
250 units of Krystallos

As mentioned before, these belts will appear in systems that currently have ice belts, and will respawn four hours after they are depleted.


We're also adjusting the composition of Krystallos to bring it out of the gutter and help ensure enough ozone supply:
Heavy Water: 125 (+25)
Liquid Ozone: 500 (+250)
Stront: 125 (+25)

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-05-08 16:15:08 UTC  |  Edited by: MainDrain
Not as bad as I expected, back of envelope numbers tell me that even low end null belts can supply 10 large towers per spawn.

edit: Fozzie, can you confirm the new cycle times for ice lasers
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2013-05-08 16:33:34 UTC
MainDrain wrote:
Not as bad as I expected, back of envelope numbers tell me that even low end null belts can supply 10 large towers per spawn.

edit: Fozzie, can you confirm the new cycle times for ice lasers


New ice harvester cycle times will be exactly 1/2 of what they are right now. So 300s base for T1 and 250s base for T2 and ORE.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Serith Ellecon
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-05-08 16:34:43 UTC
I want to know what happens to systems that currently have the "wrong" racial ice type.

There is a system in a certain null location in Sansha space that should spawn Amarri ice, but spawns Gallente instead. Will that remain Gallente ice? Or will it become Amarri?

Inappropriate signature added.  CCP Notarealdev.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2013-05-08 16:37:29 UTC
Serith Ellecon wrote:
I want to know what happens to systems that currently have the "wrong" racial ice type.

There is a system in a certain null location in Sansha space that should spawn Amarri ice, but spawns Gallente instead. Will that remain Gallente ice? Or will it become Amarri?


Let me know what system you're wondering about and I'll double check to see if we should make an exception. But we distributed the new belts by region so as of today's sisi patch it will be Amarr ice.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#6 - 2013-05-08 16:39:08 UTC
I like the numbers CCP Fozzie

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Soft Insanity
Intergalactic Space Papacy
The Bastion
#7 - 2013-05-08 16:42:30 UTC
Fozzie, can we get ice miners on the Venture Pwwwwease?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2013-05-08 16:45:29 UTC
Soft Insanity wrote:
Fozzie, can we get ice miners on the Venture Pwwwwease?


I've wanted that for a while, but to do it right we'd need to allow faster cycling ice miners that create smaller blocks. And I have no idea how we would go about implementing that.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#9 - 2013-05-08 16:53:00 UTC
It's easy as pie!

(Not really)

1/10th size ice chunks that refine into 1/10 of what a normal sized block refines into?
Serith Ellecon
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-05-08 16:55:53 UTC
Wibla wrote:
It's easy as pie!

(Not really)

1/10th size ice chunks that refine into 1/10 of what a normal sized block refines into?


Or 1/10th size ice blocks that need putting together to make full size ice blocks before refining?

Inappropriate signature added.  CCP Notarealdev.

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-05-08 16:58:07 UTC
i don't think lowsec belts will be worth the risk
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#12 - 2013-05-08 16:59:00 UTC
Serith Ellecon wrote:
Wibla wrote:
It's easy as pie!

(Not really)

1/10th size ice chunks that refine into 1/10 of what a normal sized block refines into?


Or 1/10th size ice blocks that need putting together to make full size ice blocks before refining?

That sounds quite exactly like a hack that I hope that no programmer would accept unless at gun point.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Nomad I
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-05-08 17:01:29 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:
i don't think lowsec belts will be worth the risk


I'm thinking you will be wrong. very wrong
Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#14 - 2013-05-08 17:04:16 UTC
Serith Ellecon wrote:


Or 1/10th size ice blocks that need putting together to make full size ice blocks before refining?


CCP seems to be able to add things to be refineable without too much trouble, so why is this nasty hack needed?
Skia Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-05-08 17:08:05 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Soft Insanity wrote:
Fozzie, can we get ice miners on the Venture Pwwwwease?
I've wanted that for a while...

Were you wanting gas strip miners as well?
Stop making things homogenous.
Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-05-08 17:24:50 UTC
Wibla wrote:
It's easy as pie!

(Not really)

1/10th size ice chunks that refine into 1/10 of what a normal sized block refines into?


normal ice miners would have to give 10 of these per cycle

not much of a problem
Soft Insanity
Intergalactic Space Papacy
The Bastion
#17 - 2013-05-08 17:33:22 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Soft Insanity wrote:
Fozzie, can we get ice miners on the Venture Pwwwwease?


I've wanted that for a while, but to do it right we'd need to allow faster cycling ice miners that create smaller blocks. And I have no idea how we would go about implementing that.


Let them get the same size blocks but give them slower timers (compared to newer speeds) to make up for increased sneakiness of being a Venture
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2013-05-08 17:40:43 UTC
Wibla wrote:
Serith Ellecon wrote:


Or 1/10th size ice blocks that need putting together to make full size ice blocks before refining?


CCP seems to be able to add things to be refineable without too much trouble, so why is this nasty hack needed?

Because some products of ice blocs aren't divisible by 10. "Need x blocks to refine" is a standard mining mechanic anyway.
Temmu Guerra
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-05-08 17:47:23 UTC
Fozzie, Is there anything planned for taking a look at the rorq time for compressing these blocks. I would assume if your halving the cycle time you would be doing the same for the compression time.
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-05-08 18:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Aethlyn
Sounds interesting, but I'm not 100% sold on the fixed(?) 4 hours respawn window. This could lead to people simply creating timers to optimize their "farming cycles". How about making the respawn time semi random, like 3.5-4.5 hours to increase variance and give players more chances without forcing them to exactly plan their time ("I have to be back in exactly 4 hours to not miss the new belt").

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

123Next pageLast page