These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data!

First post
Author
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#861 - 2013-05-03 11:34:36 UTC
Janoun wrote:
Is there a way to save the skills as overridden? I have to fix them every time I launch the program even if I press 'save settings' or w/e it's called. On the same topic, overriding the skills is really finicky, just pressing 'set all to V' and save rarely works. I just have to try random **** a few times to get it to read the skills correctly.

I'm not seeing any issues. It does seem to uncheck the 'Set all skills to Level 5' though even after it's saved. This is kind of confusing and I'll change it to a toggle button, since that's all it does. But even if it's not checked, the skills are all saved as level 5. Saving single skills seems to work fine for me as well.

If you can show some screenshots or more details on specific skills, that might help me track down the issue.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

EliteProspector
Death Squad REVENGE
#862 - 2013-05-03 12:03:15 UTC
Awesome program - thank you for making this open source! I'm excited that you've used visual basic and I hope I'll be able to contribute in some way. I didn't see any project documentation on source forge - is there a place I can look for this?

I have just downloaded a snapshot of the code from sourceforge and loaded it into visual studio express 2012. When I try to run the project I'm getting errors from SQLite (I haven't worked with SQLite before) saying that various tables don't exist. I get this error with the "EVE IPH Updater" project and the "EVE Isk per hour" project. The main project gives me "no such table: API" error.

I'm assuming I must first generate the tables by running the "EVEDataDumpUpdater" project, however when I run it in debug mode it hangs at this line of code in Private Sub frmMain_Shown :

SQLExpressConnection = New SqlConnection("Server=MAIN\MAIN;Database=" & DatabaseName & ";Trusted_Connection=True; Connection Timeout=300;")
SQLExpressConnection.Open()

Its trying to connect to a database in "C:\Users\Brian\EVE Stuff\EVE VB Project\DataDump Working\", which doesn't exist.

The "EVEDataDumpUpdater" project has a lot of references to that directory and .mdb files in it.

I notice that the "EVE ISK per hour" project generated "EVEIPH DB.s3db" but didn't fill it up with any content (only 1kb).

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to getting this working - there are a lot of features I want to add =)
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#863 - 2013-05-03 14:16:50 UTC
Thanks for the interest. I really only release the source because I can use sourceforge's nice website for free. Plus in the future I can easily pass it on to someone. But right now I'm not looking for any other devs just because I tinker with it so often and the code is a bit messy. I use about 10 other programs to work on it and it's been a project I've worked on for several years now, which is clearly evident by my code being all inconsistent. So it gets complicated quickly.

If you want to use the source to tinker, feel free. I'm always open to suggestions. The IPH DB is SQLite and is created by the DataDumpUpdater project, which I build by querying from the EVE Datadump in msSQL (which is the MAIN\MAIN database I have locally) and my own Access.mdb tables I create for special stuff that I use.

If and when I stop playing eve I'll be sure to pass it all down to someone. :)

Jesterspet
Creative Research and Production Services
#864 - 2013-05-03 16:08:11 UTC
Loving the app, very similar to one I wrote a few years ago though I included POS fueling, maintenance and a few other things. One of the things I would like to see added would be a place to enter my current stock of materials and have the app pull from that stock (toggleable option) and then reduce my current stock levels by the required amounts when I "add to shopping list"
Jesterspet
#865 - 2013-05-03 16:35:48 UTC
found an issue:

When entering more than 1 Num BPs with an equal amount of Num Lines and a full 10 runs, it calculates the production time incorrectly for Barrage M. In this case, to run 7 BPs on 7 lines doing 10 runs each should still be 7 days, 9:46:40. Instead, it is showing 1 Days 17:06:40.

Additionally, it still shows the profit as the 1 production of 10 runs when it should be multiplied by the number of BPs used. I this case, the profit should be around 77 mil rather than 11 mil.

Screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/jh7i2d/5
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#866 - 2013-05-03 16:49:44 UTC
Jesterspet wrote:
found an issue:

When entering more than 1 Num BPs with an equal amount of Num Lines and a full 10 runs, it calculates the production time incorrectly for Barrage M. In this case, to run 7 BPs on 7 lines doing 10 runs each should still be 7 days, 9:46:40. Instead, it is showing 1 Days 17:06:40.

Additionally, it still shows the profit as the 1 production of 10 runs when it should be multiplied by the number of BPs used. I this case, the profit should be around 77 mil rather than 11 mil.

Screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/jh7i2d/5

It's calculating 10 runs over 7 lines not 10 runs on each line. If you put in 70 runs, it calculates the 5 ish days as expected.

On the assets, I'm working on that now actually. It'll should be available in the Odyssey release.

Jesterspet
#867 - 2013-05-03 16:56:24 UTC
Yeah, thanks, it came to me while I was walking to the corner store and I realized just how moronic my brain can be sometimes. How about an option, check box to recalculate it as 10 x 7 sometime in the future?
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#868 - 2013-05-03 17:14:21 UTC
Jesterspet wrote:
Yeah, thanks, it came to me while I was walking to the corner store and I realized just how moronic my brain can be sometimes. How about an option, check box to recalculate it as 10 x 7 sometime in the future?

Heh...yeah I'll add it to the list to look at.

EliteProspector
Death Squad REVENGE
#869 - 2013-05-03 23:47:06 UTC
I compared the blueprint materials for many items in the game and in this program. In many cases the bill of materials is significantly different. I suspect there are many more discrepancies.

Component Material List for 1 Units of 'Ogre I Blueprint' (ME: 999)

Material - Quantity
Pyerite - 5,585
Tritanium - 290
Megacyte - 5
Nocxium - 3

Total Volume of Materials: 58.83 m3
Total Cost of Materials: 91,257.50 ISK

Whereas in the game perfect production is:

Megacyte 4 0 0
Nocxium 2 0 0
Pyerite 4,468 0 0
Tritanium 232 0 0

Component Material List for 1 Units of 'Oblivion Blueprint' (ME: 999)

Material - Quantity
Tritanium - 1,512,262
Pyerite - 1,319,826
Mexallon - 736,544
Nocxium - 449,967
Isogen - 208,129
Megacyte - 24,149
Zydrine - 20,728

Total Volume of Materials: 42,716.05 m3
Total Cost of Materials: 516,544,579.64 ISK

In game perfect production
Isogen 166490
Megacyte 19318
Mexallon 589188
Nocxium 359945
Pyerite 1055776
Tritanium 1209713
Zydrine 16581

Any ideas on how to update this?

EliteProspector
Death Squad REVENGE
#870 - 2013-05-04 00:08:57 UTC  |  Edited by: EliteProspector
I found the error - I had to override my skills to all level 5 - not updating automatically
Kor'el Izia
#871 - 2013-05-05 08:15:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kor'el Izia
Found a bug!
Location: Window titled "Set Pos Settings" found by clicking "Settings->Select Application Settings->Edit Pos"

Desc: The faction towers use the same amount of fuel as the standard, contradictory to the game. For example the Caldari Control Tower Small uses 10 Caldari Fuel blocks per hour, whilst the Dread Guristas Control Tower Small uses 8 Caldari Fuel blocks per hour(can be seen ingame by "show info->fuel requirements"). I suspect our precious EVEIPH doesn't account for that, because when changing the tower the (pretty) cost row doesn't change. It does work for different sizes though, small<->large.

Edit: Found another bug, dealing with inconsistency, more of a layout change really, on that same window as described above:

The Cost/Hour tables don't match the Lines available, which confused me at first when I changed the labs on the pos. This can easily be fixed, if the rightmost cost cell "Copy Cost/Hour" is moved farthest to the left they all line up Pirate
Shiny Penny
Einherjer.
#872 - 2013-05-06 18:20:07 UTC
Wonderful piece of software.

Any chance that you can add automatic reading the ME/PE level of the BPO/BPC including how many runs and number of BPO of that type and so on, I know that you can feed that from the API, but I couldn't find it till yet in your software.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#873 - 2013-05-06 19:50:26 UTC
Shiny Penny wrote:
Wonderful piece of software.

Any chance that you can add automatic reading the ME/PE level of the BPO/BPC including how many runs and number of BPO of that type and so on, I know that you can feed that from the API, but I couldn't find it till yet in your software.

CCP doesn't provide runs or ME/PE data with the asset API pull. You could figure it out by analyzing the industry jobs but it's not linked to any particular blueprint and the data only goes back 3 months tops.

I'll be adding something next update to hopefully make this process a lot easier to enter however.

Shiny Penny
Einherjer.
#874 - 2013-05-06 20:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Shiny Penny
It would be nice if you can add something which makes the process easier.

But I also know a software, in particular EVE Meep, which can read out the ME/PE as well as the runs on the BPO/BPC's over API, and I wonder why it works there when you say it shoudn't
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#875 - 2013-05-06 21:41:04 UTC
Shiny Penny wrote:
It would be nice if you can add something which makes the process easier.

But I also know a software, in particular EVE Meep, which can read out the ME/PE as well as the runs on the BPO/BPC's over API, and I wonder why it works there when you say it shoudn't

I'm pretty sure EVE Meep uses the industry jobs API to populate the ME/PE of the blueprints that it has records for. I tried to see what it found on my bps and some it has info for but almost all of them it does not. As I said previously, that only goes back so far and if it's corp jobs there is no real way to connect the job to your blueprint unless it's the same character doing the research. For instance, I use my alt to research sometimes but keep all the blueprints.

Believe me, if there is a way to do it I would have implemented it a long time ago.

Here's a thread to CCP asking for that functionality: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=210627

Jonny Danger
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#876 - 2013-05-07 16:28:05 UTC
Has anyone else noticed a problem with the taxes IPH calculates? And the building fees?

Reason I'm asking is that I have adjusted all the program settings to use my Broker and building standings to match my main trader and builders, but I have to manually override my accounting skill to 1 to get the IPH taxes to get within 100k of the in-game taxes. building (usage and hourly) are also not matching. This was for a T1 BPO, so i know its not calculating invention fees.

TL;DR IPH fees and taxes are lower than what is paid in game.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#877 - 2013-05-07 22:16:59 UTC
Jonny Danger wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a problem with the taxes IPH calculates? And the building fees?

Reason I'm asking is that I have adjusted all the program settings to use my Broker and building standings to match my main trader and builders, but I have to manually override my accounting skill to 1 to get the IPH taxes to get within 100k of the in-game taxes. building (usage and hourly) are also not matching. This was for a T1 BPO, so i know its not calculating invention fees.

Can you provide an example? That way I can step through and see if there is an issue.

Kor'el Izia
#878 - 2013-05-08 02:51:34 UTC
Jonny Danger wrote:

If you talk about fees, the rate to build in station varies hour to hour depending on usage of that line.

I can confirm that if you setup an order with correct standings and skills(not overridden) in a station belonging to that corp and faction(I used Jita) the taxes were 98.87% higher in game than reported in EVEIPH. I'm pretty sure Zifrian updated the taxes to the higher level which came with inferno (just search for "tax") which raised from 1% to 1.5% defualt tax rate.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Acquire an item
2. Look it up in EVEIPH
3. In the advanced sell window in-game, set the price equal to the EVEIPH. You don't have to actually place it on market, just look at the salex and broker fees and add them together.
Jonny Danger
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#879 - 2013-05-08 04:49:06 UTC
Zifrian wrote:

Can you provide an example? That way I can step through and see if there is an issue.

Hurricane. sell Price 44,777,598.00
With Caldari Faction and Caldari Navy Standings set in Broker Corp and Faction (without Connections)
IPH Taxes: 265008.49

In game:
Broker Fee:153,000.06 (0.34%)
Sales Tax: 335,831.99 (0.75%)

Just had to say that you have made an amazing program, thank you for all your hard work that has to go into maintaining something like this.
Praal
Bearded BattleBears
#880 - 2013-05-11 02:41:52 UTC
I tried to use this and got the following error:

Quote:
Source: EVE Isk per Hour
Message: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Conversion from string "2013-05-11 024220" to type 'Date' is not valid.

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred: Starting the program
Steps to reproduce the Error: Installed the program, added an API key, selected character to import, selected default character, program crashed with this error. Afterwards it does it every time I start it.