These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

About that Rifter USB hub in the CE

Author
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#1 - 2013-05-01 18:57:56 UTC
Anyone seen any information about it? Taken a look and can't find anything, looking to see if it is a powered USB hub, and which generation it is (USB2.0/3.0).

Thanks.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#2 - 2013-05-01 19:00:59 UTC
It is an unpowered hub with a mini or micro-USB input socket (hard to see from the prototype) and four USB-A sockets for devices. It has lights which blink when there is traffic over the bus.

It is a novelty item: a Rifter with blinking lights that sits on your desk and keeps you company. Worrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#3 - 2013-05-01 19:06:55 UTC
I'm totally putting 10 of these in a DC...

or wait in my IKEA cabinet for display rather!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#4 - 2013-05-01 19:07:28 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
IWorrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.

How do you figure? It's not free, it's one of the few things of tangible value in the collector's edition.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#5 - 2013-05-01 19:12:30 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
IWorrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.

How do you figure? It's not free, it's one of the few things of tangible value in the collector's edition.

Agreed, I already have a D-Link powered splitter and was curious to see if I could swap them as a like for like system.

And I paid for it... so I don't think it's wrong to ask for the specifications....

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#6 - 2013-05-07 21:26:23 UTC
I'm very curious about this, as well: is the Rifter USB Hub a 2.0 or 3.0 hub?

I'll probably end up getting the CE anyway, if only for the book and Rifter (and to show some love and support for CCP), but I would love to know the specs on the Rifter beforehand.

Though, I WOULD love to see that game key be usable for existing accounts... I already have as many as I want.
Brutus King
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-05-07 21:35:40 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
It is an unpowered hub with a mini or micro-USB input socket (hard to see from the prototype) and four USB-A sockets for devices. It has lights which blink when there is traffic over the bus.

It is a novelty item: a Rifter with blinking lights that sits on your desk and keeps you company. Worrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a VERY EXPENSIVE horse in the mouth.

Fixed that for ya!
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#8 - 2013-05-07 22:08:18 UTC
Im never gonna use it as a USB hub..im going to carefully cut the base off and fly it around the house making 'pew pew pew' sounds until my wife divorces me.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Josef Djugashvilis
#9 - 2013-05-07 22:11:07 UTC
Surely it is meant to be an ornament, no more, no less.

This is not a signature.

Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#10 - 2013-05-08 00:40:43 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Im never gonna use it as a USB hub..im going to carefully cut the base off and fly it around the house making 'pew pew pew' sounds until my wife divorces me.

My husband took one look at me drooling over it on Amazon and gave me the look that confirms that he has papers just waiting for me to sign... Not sure if they're divorce papers or the kind that get me committed...

Maybe both...

Hmmm... Now I'm wondering if they have good wifi at my local state hospital...

Roll

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#11 - 2013-05-08 00:43:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaera Taam
Ugh, double post, sry...

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#12 - 2013-05-08 00:57:21 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

She's not the one for you. Get the prenup ready and scam her for all shes worth.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Shadow Lord77
Shadow Industries I
#13 - 2013-05-08 01:15:09 UTC
Divorce is a sad thing. Why all the jokes?

Anyway since USB 3.0 has been around for a few years, and the cost difference for going for an older part would be negligible, I'd assume it would be 3.0
mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#14 - 2013-05-08 01:47:51 UTC
Shadow Lord77 wrote:

(On a totally unrelated note, I like your avatar. I just realized 95% of the avatars are drenched in black)
Random guy Secheh
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-05-08 01:54:13 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Worrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Them dang gift horses. Got hoof and mouth disease, each and every one of them, I tell ya!

I look in their mouths every time. Just in case. Its kinda like an API key.....
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#16 - 2013-05-08 02:00:20 UTC
Random guy Secheh wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Worrying about the technical details at this stage is tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Them dang gift horses. Got hoof and mouth disease, each and every one of them, I tell ya!

I look in their mouths every time. Just in case. Its kinda like an API key.....

To be fair it is a product and a few customers want to know the technical details. The gift horse is us paying the money regardless.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#17 - 2013-05-08 02:09:48 UTC
Shadow Lord77 wrote:
Divorce is a sad thing. Why all the jokes?

Anyway since USB 3.0 has been around for a few years, and the cost difference for going for an older part would be negligible, I'd assume it would be 3.0

I agree,
Whenever we don't get along with our wives we need to just marry another one while keeping them all, it's going to cost a fortune but if you dig for a bit of oil I'm sure you'll get enough to support all of them.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Lina Miaoke
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#18 - 2013-05-08 02:21:43 UTC
At least it has USB ports! The sweet Diablo 3 Skull from Diablo 3 collector edition didn't. -.-
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#19 - 2013-05-08 02:36:55 UTC
Lina Miaoke wrote:
At least it has USB ports! The sweet Diablo 3 Skull from Diablo 3 collector edition didn't. -.-

What happens if you plug the Soulstone into the Rifter USB hub? Shocked

dark heartt
#20 - 2013-05-08 08:40:54 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Lina Miaoke wrote:

What happens if you plug the Soulstone into the Rifter USB hub? Shocked

Nothing, except you hear the screams of a billion dead clones in space... so nothing.
12Next page