These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EROTICA 1 Strikes again , she love scams so look out !!!!

First post
Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#61 - 2013-05-07 03:28:25 UTC
Osiris Andras wrote:

Don't attribute mining passes to Erotica either. That's the New Order's scam, not hers.

I fail to see why you call legitimate extortion - in a game with such a tradition of piracy - scamming.

Sicking three Catalysts onto a Hulk to assert dominance over regional mineral markets is no more a scam than sicking seven Taloses on a jump frieghter to disrupt a rival alliance's capital ship production chains, or ransoming a lowsec explorer's Tengu.

Those that want to fight defenseless, stupid opponents fight NPC rats. Those that want to fight cunning opponents hunt other players. Sadly sometimes you still get defenseless, stupid opponents, but at least sometimes they improve from the experience.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Osiris Andras
Intergalactic Space Maoris
#62 - 2013-05-07 21:48:51 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Osiris Andras wrote:

Don't attribute mining passes to Erotica either. That's the New Order's scam, not hers.

I fail to see why you call legitimate extortion - in a game with such a tradition of piracy - scamming.

Sicking three Catalysts onto a Hulk to assert dominance over regional mineral markets is no more a scam than sicking seven Taloses on a jump frieghter to disrupt a rival alliance's capital ship production chains, or ransoming a lowsec explorer's Tengu.

Those that want to fight defenseless, stupid opponents fight NPC rats. Those that want to fight cunning opponents hunt other players. Sadly sometimes you still get defenseless, stupid opponents, but at least sometimes they improve from the experience.

I never said piracy and bumping was a scam. I said mining passes (or rather, permits) are a scam.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#63 - 2013-05-08 02:01:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Osiris Andras wrote:

I never said piracy and bumping was a scam. I said mining passes (or rather, permits) are a scam.

How so? People who have purchased a mining permit get to mine in peace for 1 year, as long as they follow the rules associated with it. If however they break the terms of their permit, then their permit is null, the penalty for mining without a valid permit in the widely advertised area of operations is meted out with Void.

It's the same as anything else, fail to follow the rules at your own risk.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Osiris Andras
Intergalactic Space Maoris
#64 - 2013-05-09 01:34:10 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Osiris Andras wrote:

How so? People who have purchased a mining permit get to mine in peace for 1 year, as long as they follow the rules associated with it. If however they break the terms of their permit, then their permit is null, the penalty for mining without a valid permit in the widely advertised area of operations is meted out with Void.

You expect me to believe that rule-following permit-holders in expensive no-tank ships never get suicide-ganked?
You expect me to believe that rule-following ISK-riskers (aka doubling participants) never get scammed?
You expect me to believe that Erotica1 never scams despite screenshot evidence?

Hah!
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2013-05-09 07:49:15 UTC
Osiris Andras wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Osiris Andras wrote:

You expect me to believe that rule-following permit-holders in expensive no-tank ships never get suicide-ganked?
You expect me to believe that rule-following ISK-riskers (aka doubling participants) never get scammed?
You expect me to believe that Erotica1 never scams despite screenshot evidence?

Hah!

if you actually read the rules you will notice that they boil down to "if you can be ganked then you are either afk mining or a bot and deserve to die. mining permits are not supposed to protect afk miners or bots.".

Kegstand Mcfarland
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-05-16 06:31:51 UTC
Raz ZY13 wrote:
So everything, everyone said here so far about Erotica 1 being legit is pretty much a lie and they are all part (one way or another) of one of the biggest ongoing scams in EVE (that I know of). Bare with me for a bit, I will explain.

Couple of people, some even from this topic assured me that Erotica 1 is legit isk doubler, with a clever word game. You make sure you read rules and understand them, and you will get some money out of it, even 3 times. I did that, and on 1st try it worked, but 2nd and 3rd did not. I was scammed, by a no doubts really good scammer, hats off for that. Amount wasn't that great, ~ 1.6 bil but it's not about the money it's about sending the message.

To make sure this are not just empty words, enjoy this little album of mine, and see what happened.

As long as every 5th or even 10th player see this post, Erotica 1 will have less people to scam, and that's all I hoped to accomplish with this reply.

Thank you for reading.

PS Before you bash me how dumb I am, and stuff like that, I just risked some isk, and got burned, nothing new for this game.

Raz

Your not dumb she doesn't like to pay out folks who understand the rules.
Kegstand Mcfarland
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#67 - 2013-05-16 06:56:48 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Only in C&P can someone proudly admit to being a complete greedy idiot, get taken for tons of isk, and post a multi-page thread about it.

It still amazes me to this day that people can't take the time to read simple rules, but then they want to take time to post of forum.

I read the rules, followed your rules said **** and gave you 750m Gratz you got 750mil from me and never paid out. Oh well enjoy the hookers and blow.
Blue Absinthe
Wardec U
#68 - 2013-05-18 01:36:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Blue Absinthe
XX-Y346, this is really your own fault for not understanding the rules before you started. That said, I had a similar experience with Exotica 1 and had to send an additional amount with screen shots and she immediately doubled both amounts upon receipt, so you can correct it as long as you follow the rules. You can hardly blame her for not wanting to get scammed by people that haven't sent any ISK to be doubled.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2013-05-18 10:56:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
expecting Erotica to use any of a dozen API tools that would allow her to filter the wallet journal by sender or amount sent would understandably be unreasonable. she has to search manually through hundreds of 0.01 ISK transactions, please cut her some slack.

edit: don't be silly, sorting the in-game wallet journal by amount sent would do nothing whatsoever to weed out the 0.01 ISK transfers. stop asking stupid questions and just send the ISK twice so Erotica can do her job properly.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#70 - 2013-05-19 17:47:17 UTC
Blue Absinthe wrote:
XX-Y346, this is really your own fault for not understanding the rules before you started. That said, I had a similar experience with Exotica 1 and had to send an additional amount with screen shots and she immediately doubled both amounts upon receipt, so you can correct it as long as you follow the rules. You can hardly blame her for not wanting to get scammed by people that haven't sent any ISK to be doubled.

well said

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.