These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
Malukker Ornulf
Doomheim
#41 - 2011-10-31 02:12:21 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
Redownload the package, should be fixed Cool

That worked! Bear
Fredan
Doomheim
#42 - 2011-10-31 03:51:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredan
You forgot a important, and probably not needed to be said thing, but forgotten by many: clear the cache after installation!

TwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted

Would highly recommend adding that to the install procedure.
Morgenholt Blue
Swift Redemption.
#43 - 2011-10-31 04:13:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Morgenholt Blue
Seems good so far just a few feature request and tweaks that I would like to see:

Anytime you use ini_set() please suppress it's output (put @ before it) since allot of shared hosts have this disabled so this will hide the error message.
In the UCP can you hide the TS UID box if the Teamspeak masterswitch is off?
Option to make the assigned group the primary group.
Put a link to the API page on the registration page w/ predefined key link to minimize people spamming admins with how they should setup the key.
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#44 - 2011-10-31 10:46:53 UTC
I have everything setup, but users aren't getting registered. They're getting a blank page when hitting submit on the registration page. I'm very tired so maybe I'm missing something small? I have the API's running through a corporation check and that's all. I'm going to sleep on it. Any help is appreciated.

Arguing with strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they inevitably turn out to be, or are indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Nathan WAKE
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2011-10-31 11:11:17 UTC
Cyerus, this is an awesome job !!

Unfortunately, I'm using the previous version of your MOD... (works well). I did not see anything about upgrading from the previous version to this band new shiny one (or maybe I should grab some sleep like you Big smile).

Is it possible or do I have to uninstall the previous version (with what consequences on my system and already registered users) and install the new one ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Nathan

"I'm a very good housekeeper. Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house"

Zaza Gabor

Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#46 - 2011-10-31 11:12:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Fredan wrote:
You forgot a important, and probably not needed to be said thing, but forgotten by many: clear the cache after installation!

TwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted

Would highly recommend adding that to the install procedure.

Will finish the guide either today or tomorrow, and I'll be sure to put that in there aswell.

Morgenholt Blue wrote:
Seems good so far just a few feature request and tweaks that I would like to see:

Anytime you use ini_set() please suppress it's output (put @ before it) since allot of shared hosts have this disabled so this will hide the error message.
In the UCP can you hide the TS UID box if the Teamspeak masterswitch is off?
Option to make the assigned group the primary group.
Put a link to the API page on the registration page w/ predefined key link to minimize people spamming admins with how they should setup the key.

• @ini_set -> Release 5.1
  • TeamSpeak UID UCP hiding -> Release 5.1
  • Assigned group as default -> Release 5.1
  • API link on Registration Page -> Not sure when yet, but think Release 5.1 aswell.

Simon Victor wrote:
I have everything setup, but users aren't getting registered. They're getting a blank page when hitting submit on the registration page. I'm very tired so maybe I'm missing something small? I have the API's running through a corporation check and that's all. I'm going to sleep on it. Any help is appreciated.

Is the PHP module cURL enabled on your webhost? You can easily check by opening the phpinfo() page, and checking if cURL is in that list.

Nathan WAKE wrote:
Cyerus, this is an awesome job !!

Unfortunately, I'm using the previous version of your MOD... (works well). I did not see anything about upgrading from the previous version to this band new shiny one (or maybe I should grab some sleep like you Big smile).

Is it possible or do I have to uninstall the previous version (with what consequences on my system and already registered users) and install the new one ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Nathan

Will do an update guide either today or tomorrow.
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#47 - 2011-10-31 20:42:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Simon Victor
Quote:
Simon Victor wrote:

Quote:
Is the PHP module cURL enabled on your webhost? You can easily check by opening the phpinfo() page, and checking if cURL is in that list.

cURL is indeed enabled. Error log entry included:

Quote:
[31-Oct-2011 14:52:39] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function eveapi_checkthischaracter() in /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php on line 286

Arguing with strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they inevitably turn out to be, or are indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

L0SER18q
My Little Pony Industries Inc.
RED.OverLord
#48 - 2011-10-31 20:49:13 UTC
Great job, Cyerus.
I have two small troubles:
1) all avatars resizing to eve portrait size: 128x128 for example.
2) what is the minimum access mask to register?
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#49 - 2011-10-31 21:57:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Simon Victor wrote:
Quote:
Simon Victor wrote:

Quote:

cURL is indeed enabled. Error log entry included:

Quote:
[31-Oct-2011 14:52:39] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function eveapi_checkthischaracter() in /includes/ucp/ucp_register.php on line 286

Sounds like the files aren't loaded correctly.
Try reuploading all the files from the packages in both new_files and pre_edit directories and pay special attention to:

• pre_edit/common.php
  • new_files/includes/eveapi (all the files in this directory)

Once uploaded, clear your forums cache.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#50 - 2011-10-31 22:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
L0SER18q wrote:
Great job, Cyerus.
I have two small troubles:
1) all avatars resizing to eve portrait size: 128x128 for example.
2) what is the minimum access mask to register?

1) Avatar resizing
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Let's assume you have the EVE Portrait Size selected to Medium (128x128), it will resize all Avatar pictures to 128x128. This is to ensure unity. The EVE Portraits are downloaded in 256x256 format, then resize to whatever you size you have set; this is to allow easy switching between sizes without having to redownload all the Portraits.

However, this feature can be disabled, but it requires some manual work.

• Open pre_edit/includes/functions_display.php in notepad (I suggest Notepad++ if you don't mind installing it)
  • Scroll to the bottom, where you should see the following 5 lines:

Quote:
if ($config['eveapi_validation'] && $config['eveapi_portrait'])
{
$avatar_width = $config['eveapi_portrait_size'];
$avatar_height = $config['eveapi_portrait_size'];
}

• Remove those 5 lines and save the file.
  • Upload the file and clear you forums cache.

2) Minimum accessMask

For forum users;

• Public Information -> CharacterInfo = 8388608
  • Public Information -> FacWarStats = 64
  • Thus the minimum accessMask should be 8388672.

For forum user whose Character Standings will be pulled;

• Public Information -> CharacterInfo = 8388608
  • Public Information -> FacWarStats = 64
  • Communications -> ContactList = 16
  • Thus the minimum accessMask should be 8388688.

A second key for forum user whose Corporation/Alliance Standings will be pulled;

• Communications -> ContactList = 16
  • Key should be set for Corporation!
  • Thus the minimum accessMask should be 16.
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#51 - 2011-10-31 22:21:13 UTC
Oh my lord. Don't install stuff when you're tired as hell because you'll forget to replace the common.php file Roll Sorry for the false alarm.

Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2011-10-31 22:57:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
TeamSpeak permissions

• First you need to have an active forum account and be logged in.
  • Open up TeamSpeak, and connect to your TeamSpeak server.
  • Once connected, click on your own nickname, and copy the TeamSpeak UID you see on the right side of the screen (screenshot).
  • Keep TeamSpeak open while going to your forum in your webbrowser.
  • On the forum, go to User Control Panel -> Profile -> Account Settings (screenshot)
  • Paste the TeamSpeak UID in the TeamSpeak UID box, and click Submit.
  • Your TeamSpeak permissions should now have been automaticly given.

Let's assume you want to update your forum permissions and/or TeamSpeak permissions in the future when the forum administrator has changed some settings, then you will only need to;

• Go to the forum and log in.
  • Go to User Control Panel -> Profile -> Account Settings (screenshot).
  • If all the information is still correct, there will be no need to change anything.
  • Click Submit, and the new permissions should automaticly be set.

This ofcourse assumes TeamSpeak has been setup on the forum you are currently using.
L0SER18q
My Little Pony Industries Inc.
RED.OverLord
#53 - 2011-10-31 23:48:02 UTC
Cyerus wrote:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Let's assume you have the EVE Portrait Size selected to Medium (128x128), it will resize all Avatar pictures to 128x128. This is to ensure unity. The EVE Portraits are downloaded in 256x256 format, then resize to whatever you size you have set; this is to allow easy switching between sizes without having to redownload all the Portraits.
Manually deactivation works fine, thx. May make this option configurable?
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#54 - 2011-11-01 02:21:59 UTC
L0SER18q wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

Manually deactivation works fine, thx. May make this option configurable?

Yes, I'll make this configurable in v5.1
Bertrand d'Ogeron
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2011-11-01 09:10:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand d'Ogeron
Guys, where can I find instructions for installing this mod on PHPbb 3.0.9? I tried to find it in older version archives (mystical "readme.txt" as I think), but I can't even find alive link.

Pls direct me to guide or briefly tell what to do, If possible. Step-by-step instructions are welcome too :)

phpbb 3.0.9
API mod will be installed for the first time.

I found that I need just copy files from both folders into the "root" of my forum. Before I must create tables. After that I need to reload an avatar-mod and install an api-mod via mod-engine. Is this true way?
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#56 - 2011-11-02 02:46:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Simon Victor
Quick question, is there supposed to be a teamspeak UID field on the registration page? If so, mine isn't showing up. If not, it would be nice to have it there.

Also, is there a possibility of making it so a user registers for the forums and TS3 at the same time? Like if someone has never connected to the teamspeak server with their UID is there any way to register them with just an identity?

*EDIT:

I can see that there is no UID field in the registration code so scratch the first bit. Would still be nice to have one there. There's also a couple features I'd like to see:

• Ability for the Cron job to ignore multiple forum and TS3 groups (not just the default ones, and one "special" group) or actually have it so it won't remove them from certain groups if they have valid API info, but it won't add them automatically to those groups.
  • TS3 UID Field on registration page

JustSharkbait
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#57 - 2011-11-02 07:28:05 UTC  |  Edited by: JustSharkbait
Bertrand d'Ogeron wrote:
Guys, where can I find instructions for installing this mod on PHPbb 3.0.9? I tried to find it in older version archives (mystical "readme.txt" as I think), but I can't even find alive link.

Pls direct me to guide or briefly tell what to do, If possible. Step-by-step instructions are welcome too :)

phpbb 3.0.9
API mod will be installed for the first time.

I found that I need just copy files from both folders into the "root" of my forum. Before I must create tables. After that I need to reload an avatar-mod and install an api-mod via mod-engine. Is this true way?

What i did was unzip the files to the computer. Then you look into the "new files" folder. You go through each folder and put the files in the folders in to the folder of the same name on your phpbb server. if no folder exists them put he whole folder into its correct subfolder on your phpbb section. On the sql folder i just put that in the root phpbb folder. I was new to this as well, but it is just a put the correct files in the correct folders.

*edit* you also have to upload the files in the pre_upadate as well.

Hoo Ha Ha!!

Desas
Destructive Influence
Northern Coalition.
#58 - 2011-11-02 17:04:21 UTC
First of all Great job Cyerus !

Simon Victor wrote:

• Ability for the Cron job to ignore multiple forum and TS3 groups (not just the default ones, and one "special" group) or actually have it so it won't remove them from certain groups if they have valid API info, but it won't add them automatically to those groups.

Yeah thats indeed a pretty annoying feature. I have a transition period from apiv1 to apiv2 on our forums atm . As soon ppls update their api details they get removed from other groups .. even the special ones leaving them behind in the standard group.

Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#59 - 2011-11-03 00:08:56 UTC
Desas wrote:
First of all Great job Cyerus !

Simon Victor wrote:

Yeah thats indeed a pretty annoying feature. I have a transition period from apiv1 to apiv2 on our forums atm . As soon ppls update their api details they get removed from other groups .. even the special ones leaving them behind in the standard group.

That's a bug. A special group is supposed to be like that; You have to manually join it, and it should not disappear when running the cronjob. I think this peace of code got lost somewhere in the transition, and I have to admit that I didn't check that.

Will deploy fix in v5.1

Also, I will make an install guide whenever I have the chance; probably this weekend, busy week =/
JustSharkbait
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#60 - 2011-11-03 00:12:45 UTC
I got the files and all put in the right places, and things from that end are working fine. However, i cannot figure out what to do with the sql files in that folder.

Where do they go?

Or do i have to upload those to mysql database?

Hoo Ha Ha!!