These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Dear CCP, why I love the Gnosis BC.

Author
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#21 - 2013-05-06 13:59:03 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
uber-rare ship

They just handed out half a million of these for free. I wouldn't exactly call it uber-rare.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-05-06 14:04:51 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
uber-rare ship

They just handed out half a million of these for free. I wouldn't exactly call it uber-rare.

Not right now anyways.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#23 - 2013-05-06 14:07:25 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
uber-rare ship

lol, you beat me to it.
MicDeath Titan
No Mans Corp
#24 - 2013-05-06 14:19:18 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Damn. I just can't decide how to fit the Gnosis. So many possibilities!

Looks like I will have to wait for the price to settle and buy a few more to try the fits out.

DAMN YOU CCP!

I know right?!?! From the moment I got it, till server shut down I was playing around with different set ups.
It was...addicting.
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#25 - 2013-05-06 14:20:37 UTC
I sold my 3 gnosis already. A 550m gift from CCP <3
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#26 - 2013-05-06 14:23:20 UTC
MicDeath Titan wrote:

So I ask of you CCP, please have this ship seeded in an LP store, with a cost of 150k LP, + 1billion isk. I will gladly farm for it, pimp it out, and ride the ways of null sec.

Hang tight for the CE BPCs... They're coming.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

HostageTaker
Band of Freelancers
#27 - 2013-05-06 14:24:58 UTC
They are spiking up in price after DT. Looking at regional hubs, price manipulation in progress.

Idea

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Titans on fire outside "The Alamo" of NOL-M9. I watched massive Super Capital fleets glitter in the dark near the BKG-Q2 gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...  Time to die.

Dyjal'Ryn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-05-06 14:26:54 UTC
Give it a month or two and wait for more people to blow them up.
Then sell them.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#29 - 2013-05-06 14:43:40 UTC
I'm actually expecting the price to drop significantly.
Hosedna
FumbleFamily Corp
#30 - 2013-05-06 14:59:48 UTC
It's always a shame that CCP puts time (ie. money) on ships that will never be played past the first lol fits for fun killmails... haven't tried the Gnosis yet but it looks very usable, and it would be great if some bpc's (even pretty rare) could keep the model alive past the initial release...
Gensou Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-05-06 15:02:56 UTC
Sold mine for 150m as soon as I got it thinking the price would rapidly drop as more and more people put theirs up on the market. As a noob who only had 30m even if the price does go up a ton im still happy that I basically got 150m for free so its a win win in my book.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-05-06 15:04:39 UTC
Hosedna wrote:
It's always a shame that CCP puts time (ie. money) on ships that will never be played past the first lol fits for fun killmails... haven't tried the Gnosis yet but it looks very usable, and it would be great if some bpc's (even pretty rare) could keep the model alive past the initial release...

BPCs are being released as part of the 10 year collector's edition set. How many of them get released is up for debate.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-05-06 15:07:09 UTC
Been just glancing at the stuff ccp has been gifting, have just enough time to be sure I'm docked in the station that I want the items in otherwise I wait till I'm in the station that I want them in then I accept it the next log in.

Didn't even realize the Gnosis was a Battlecruiser.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#34 - 2013-05-06 15:32:44 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
I'm actually expecting the price to drop significantly.

It will depend on the BPC build costs.
Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-05-07 18:29:17 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
uber-rare ship

triple that number cause of alts :D
auraofblade
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-05-07 18:40:46 UTC
I dunno, the Gnosis is definitely the ultimate Noob boat, what with Skills V bonuses on a ship that has no prerequisites.

But yeah, unless BPCs get churned out like mad (apparently the Collector's Edition gets them?) this boat is going to become rare really quickly, just because it's rather practical to use...so people are going to get them blown up.
Hyper Snyper
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-05-07 19:16:23 UTC
I think a good idea would be to seed the BPC as drops from ratting sites in null ( the same way the Machariel BPC is) that way it's still rare to get them but people who want to actively fly them can still shell out the isk/time/effort to get them
Andracin
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-05-07 19:54:40 UTC
I'd laugh if the bpc turns into an Odessey exploration site drop....
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#39 - 2013-05-07 20:04:31 UTC
Hosedna wrote:

I've made a few fits and went with a baby Nightmare for this character. When I lose it I expect it to be jammed, tackled and alpha popped in under 10 seconds. Less to do with the ship, more to do with the way things evolved in EVE. Of course it might go down in a duel. Just because the option is available now.
Voith
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-05-07 22:05:36 UTC
One day they'll put in a T2 an exploration ship and that will be a good day.
Previous page123Next page