These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

95% male players, 50% Female characters???

First post
Author
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#201 - 2013-05-02 13:59:07 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:

Always assuming it's a guy. If it's a girl she can object.

That's sexist Evil


No, that is just statistics.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#202 - 2013-05-02 14:02:14 UTC
Kharamete wrote:
I think that some of the responses in this thread show that there is a large segment of the player base that have issues with their gender identity and/or their sexuality. I would also wonder why it is so necessary to focus on the “I want to look at a nice ass” when what you are playing in the games where you have a chance to see that are not human. Does this mean that there is a serious amount of bestiality going on in the gaming community? Lol


We call those people "furries". You know, because their fantasy partner would be covered in blue fur from nose to tail tip.
Khadi Nakrar
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#203 - 2013-05-02 14:09:00 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ovv Topik wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
My main is male. Female alt is a change of pace. It really doesn't make any difference except being slightly more fun to customize in character creator.

So it's a [email protected]@B thing. I should have guessed.

More like how it's near impossible to make a male character that actually looks like a badass.


I've seen a few around, not that much tho.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#204 - 2013-05-02 14:27:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Tera: 44% male toons, 56% female toons. Some people play MMOs for pixelpron. Scarlet Blade must be really successful game.
Dyjal'Ryn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#205 - 2013-05-02 14:39:21 UTC
I have played female characters in just about every RPG in which I can choose my gender for about a decade. Frankly, it's just become part of how I create characters, and I still haven't gotten bored. Additionally, in EVE female characters, in my opinion, are much more distinctive and have more customization options.
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#206 - 2013-05-02 15:07:58 UTC
Up until a couple years ago, your character was just a picture. Now that we have bodies, I still feel that I'd rather look at a woman on screen.
Reiisha
#207 - 2013-05-02 15:29:37 UTC
Ovv Topik wrote:
I’ve often wondered and can’t find any thread on this.

Trolls & flames welcome as always. But some thoughts appreciated as well.

So why did you pick a female character?



This is like asking why people in World of Warcraft play anything other than humans.

Playing a human female, to any sane person, raises less eyebrows than playing a giant bipedal talking cow.



That said, video games are a form of escapism. They're not meant to reflect your real life. In EVE, you're flying gigantic spaceships, docking at space stations which resemble the Tardis from Doctor Who, kill millions of crew members on a daily basis, fight sentient robots, fly through wormholes, shoot at asteroids with a laser which for some reason puts ore in your cargohold, asteroids which regenerate (!), planets that don't rotate around their sun....

I can go on for ages, but you get my point. After all of that, playing a female character is what sets you off?

Some people really need a reality check :P

(yes that was a pun)

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#208 - 2013-05-02 15:55:29 UTC
Daimon Kaiera wrote:
I picked a female because I wish I was born a female in real life.


End story.



I picked a man (well a boy that looks like a member of N-Sync) for my char because i am a guy.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#209 - 2013-05-02 15:59:21 UTC
mmorpg lol wrote:
Name doesn't work if its a male char....


Same.

Well, except the other way around. Mrs Epeen just wouldn't have the same punch.

Mr Epeen Cool
Asxthia Strangula
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#210 - 2013-05-02 16:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Asxthia Strangula
I'm a girl.































with a penis


Seriously, you can't say penis? Can you say vagina?
Oxandrolone
Interstellar Enterprise Inc.
Collapsed Out.
#211 - 2013-05-02 16:08:58 UTC
Because who is going to make the sandwiches?
Kaliska Asuful
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#212 - 2013-05-02 16:15:08 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
Because who is going to make the sandwiches?


The good people at Subway
Josef Djugashvilis
#213 - 2013-05-02 16:17:15 UTC
My main is female because...

This is not a signature.

Anselm Toralen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#214 - 2013-05-02 16:33:29 UTC
IT never crossed my mind to create a femail character. Even in any other game where you can choose a race, i've aways been a human male.
Harland White
Adventurer's Guild
#215 - 2013-05-02 20:36:13 UTC
Sorry but I find it pretty messed up when a guy plays a girl character. Creepy and just weird. Like they lack interaction with women so bad that they resort to simulating it in their minds with EVE characters or something.

Just weird.

By their fruit you will recognize them.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#216 - 2013-05-02 20:40:53 UTC
Harland White wrote:
Sorry but I find it pretty messed up when a guy plays a girl character. Creepy and just weird. Like they lack interaction with women so bad that they resort to simulating it in their minds with EVE characters or something.

Just weird.


No, sir, it's you that are the weird one.

But if you like I can link some gender locked MMOs for you try out. Be comfy with your own kind and all that.

Mr Epeen Cool
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#217 - 2013-05-02 20:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
Harland White wrote:
Sorry but I find it pretty messed up when a guy plays a girl character. Creepy and just weird. Like they lack interaction with women so bad that they resort to simulating it in their minds with EVE characters or something.

Just weird.


Oh. then there's the confusion that can be caused when the female characters I play refer to themselves with female pronouns. The amount of icky attention you get Evil

Guys thinking that they have a chance to get with some girl they only just met while playing a computer game? That is weird.
Toriessian
PCG Enterprises
#218 - 2013-05-02 21:01:15 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:

Guys thinking that they have a chance to get with some girl they only just met while playing a computer game? That is weird.


Best story about this ever:
http://themittani.com/news/circle-two-heist-50b-stolen


Every day I'm wafflin!

Sheriff Jones
Clinical Experiment
#219 - 2013-05-02 21:22:03 UTC
Well i chose this delicious look since it really shows my personality and i look absolutely stunning in a low cut dress.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#220 - 2013-05-03 03:35:58 UTC
oh, this thread again

wait, wait...it actually is the same thread. lol. necrothreadage.