These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hisec ice removal

Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#121 - 2013-05-01 19:52:25 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
ICE belts are begining to get gett crowded!

If the new ice anomalies in Odyssey are small enough, then Smartbombing ice miners might become this summer's stunt that all the cool kids go for.

Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ginger Barbarella
#122 - 2013-05-01 20:00:40 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
ICE belts are begining to get gett crowded!

If the new ice anomalies in Odyssey are small enough, then Smartbombing ice miners might become this summer's stunt that all the cool kids go for.

Blink

And I can actually foresee a new market niche open up: merc corps whose sole purpose is to go after the gankers. Twisted

Yes, I dream big. P

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Markus Navarro
Osmon Integrated Robotics
#123 - 2013-05-02 00:02:14 UTC
As an idot who had stockpiled 10 mill. Nitrogen isotopes, i feel rather happy right now.

I sell drones and drones accessories.

Allota Lovin
Doomheim
#124 - 2013-05-02 04:15:13 UTC
As a 1 man indy corp with a pos I am greatly interested in this. I wonder we will see corps or alliances try to kill off ice miners to control "their" ice system. Oh my , I may have to interact with other players to aquire my ice. Must go now to drink several beer and contemplate being a team player?
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#125 - 2013-05-02 13:59:52 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:

Also the Incursion community formed a coordinated response during the CSM 8 elections and now have their chosen candidate, Ripard Teg, on the CSM. But still the majority or the power on the CSM lies with the nul-centric 'Nul is the "real" game' candidates.

It's a call to arms ! Big smile

It took alot of work for me to get HI SEC incursioners to vote! BUT IT PAID OFF IN SPADES Lol Ripard got enough votes to become a permenant attendee which I'm sure surprised alot of peeps thinking Goons & HBC would hold those those 2 positions exclusively. Also we were pushing Mike Azrah for the 2nd STV slot choice pretty hard & he surprisingly got voted into the CSM8 Big smile
Still the CSM is very NULL centric but if incursioners can organize how come industry/miners can't organize next elections too & push a HI SEC candidate(s)?

Aye congratulations to Ripard Teg. I voted for Steve of Fuzzworks fame in slot one and Ripard Tef in slot two. Sadly Steve didn't get a place on CSM 8 which surprised me a little. Steve & Ripard seemed to be a couple of the best candidates as opposed to the mass of nul-biased ones.

An industry and/or mining candidate was what I was hinting at. A miners union would be an exciting idea but would be fairly difficult to pull off. Whoever decided to coordinate such an organisation would attract a hell of a lot of flak/war-decs/ etc. Incursions organisers often find it difficult still to coordinate so that high sec incursions are nearly always available to farm. Mining is different to Incursions & wormholes in that it is done solo a lot whereas Incursion/wormhole pilots have to work together. Organising a strike/temporary non-sale of minerals would be fun but difficult to 'police'.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#126 - 2013-05-02 14:05:43 UTC
Danni stark wrote:
Haulie Berry wrote:
Quote:
I say inutile because this won't stop the bots, for real.

You would have to be preternaturally stupid to think the purpose of this change is to stop bots.

The purpose of this change is to reduce the quantity of available ice from infinite to less-than-infinite.

It has abso-*******-lutely posi-*******-tively nothing to do with preventing "botting".

you'd be naive to assume this isn't a trial for moving ore to anoms too, so they can start to get rid of downtime.

Fozzie & Greyscale both agreed at the 'Resource Rebalance' roundtable on Saturday at Fanfest that they were not in favour of moving ore to anomalies. They were interested in moving ore belts away from renewal at DT.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#127 - 2013-05-02 16:31:50 UTC
Allota Lovin wrote:
As a 1 man indy corp with a pos I am greatly interested in this. I wonder we will see corps or alliances try to kill off ice miners to control "their" ice system. Oh my , I may have to interact with other players to aquire my ice. Must go now to drink several beer and contemplate being a team player?

there will still be 97 or so anoms in high sec, I cant see most ice miners doing :effort: to jump around after anoms, so there will be some nice quiet places (especially those in high sec pockets) to hang out in.

I expect places like Osmon to get drained very quickly every day, whereas organising going to the systems where there are currently 7 or so people, even with 11 belts + 1 ice field I see as less likely.

It would be cool if miners prior to the patch spread out, so it worked out as 24 per anom, but I cant see that happening
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#128 - 2013-05-02 18:56:29 UTC
Allota Lovin wrote:

You're better off banding together & pooling funds to hire a merc group to gank the miners whom claim to own a system IMHO... offer them bounties&bonuses on numbers of macks & retrievers killed
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#129 - 2013-05-02 19:12:49 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:

Incursions organisers often find it difficult still to coordinate so that high sec incursions are nearly always available to farm. Mining is different to Incursions & wormholes in that it is done solo a lot whereas Incursion/wormhole pilots have to work together. Organising a strike/temporary non-sale of minerals would be fun but difficult to 'police'.

As a leader in what is the largest armour community believe me the the cat herding politics & drama is BAD ( just look at my toon I lost all my hair from pulling it out Lol ) We've also sufffered thru NULL SEC interdictions and fought back with blackbird fleets ( with so-so results TBH). Policing I've found all to often is too akin to shooting ourselves in the foot ala Barny Fife/Keystones cops comedyeske style, but we were able to somewhat pull it off.

For Mining to be truely profitable though don't you need booster fleets which require some non solo aspects of organizing? Start there & build up a political base. Incursioners did it so can you especially when you start really getting big nerfs like we did with the pre Inferno Escalation patch of death. Use Odyssy expansion as a rally cry & work from there.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#130 - 2013-05-02 20:41:12 UTC
Allota Lovin wrote:

You might very well see some ice "systems" hotly contested.

If a large enough alliance, even in Empire, decides it wants the ice in a given system -- then the stage is set for some serious gankage.

With "tags for sec" coming online and the price of ice being the means by which gankers can afford new ships, you might even see some of the better Merc corps getting in on the action.

Declaring wars is all but useless, many ice miners are in npc corps. Any corps dec'd will have pilots "drop corp" ASAP -- so again, back to ganking.

This will be the new "Interdiction". Pirate

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )