These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
Tsobai Hashimoto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-04-29 10:37:21 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Milton Middleson wrote:

Why should kills directly affect a war?

seriously?

Ships in space blow each other up - its what the entire game revolves around.

But it shouldn't count towards the contested amount of a system

I do think FW needs to be fixed but that is not the way to do it, If someone has the isk and resources to throw away 100s of ships but still hold the plexs, well so be it...........Having each kill count towards SOV control would only make bigger blobs and trolling new pilots for deaths

Plus if I have 500 ships to your 100 in a war, it does not matter if I loose 300, as long as all yours die or are distracted enough for us to take the objective

See US Tanks Vs German Tanks in WWII P

Winning by attrition is a very long and difficult process, and in FW it could have an effect, the issue is isk in FW is to easy to come by so it does not....reduce the LP payouts and even them out, and you would see your PVP "worth" more on the war effort

But as long as a Minnie SB can earn 150+ million isk an hour, then even killing T1 frigs and Cruisers 5:1 will have very little effect on the war effort. This would be the same case if in real life as well (see Korean War, Vietnam), other than morale, but everyone is immortal in EVE so thats moot)
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2013-04-29 11:22:08 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
Cearain wrote:
Unlike your corp where you require people to orbit a plex everyday ...

you mean first gropup of people ACTUALLY do FW? Shocked

Cearain wrote:
...lots of people view eve as a game. They joined a war against a huge number of other players so that they can pvp.

you don't need to join FW to have PvP. Actually being member of militia limits your targets: you have lots of "allies".
Be pirate and you can attack all these people around.

Cearain wrote:
Given the broken mechanics of fw living in a low sec non fw system like egg makes sense if you are pvper. If Minmatar/gallente had more pvpers they would move in to egg too. But they want to stay safe where the enemy can't even dock ships.

you mean Gal/Mil people ACTUALLY do FW? Shocked that's crazy! CALL THE POLICE!

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Vizvig
Savage Blizzard
#123 - 2013-04-29 11:24:18 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
PVE online

There is no pve, there is something to force you loosing time.

Be sure here no one is slept, it's not a bug, it's a feature.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#124 - 2013-04-29 11:24:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Albercheck wrote:

Uh, nothing in my post was prescriptive at all -- did you ever see me say "should"? My post was completely descriptive and a response to highlight an entity that was being wrongly characterized by another poster.

Earlier that day;

Albercheck wrote:
...more militaristic muscle [in one place] does not necessarily equate to Factional Warfare success. And, in my opinion, such muscle should actually equate to Factional Warfare success

So um, yeah. If you want to bring 40 guys to win a plex with 1 target, thats your choice. It is not a smart use of your military muscle though. Just some lazy null bear idea of pvp.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#125 - 2013-04-29 12:21:14 UTC
Well the only thing that happens when a FW player kills another on the opposite side, if they get a laughably tiny amount of LP - yet if it was money they were after why not plex instead.

farmers only want isk, but effect the systems the people who live in (or would like to) the area for both isk and pvp or just pvp.

Farmers dont have 'stuff' to move around, they dont need a base and they dont care if a system is dockable or not, they just go to the next one along - when and if they die they scurry back off to high sec to grab another. This is something people who play fw for more than the money have to deal with and if largly out of their hands.

This is why we are seeing people in non fw system who WANT to be able to participate in all aspects of fw but cant.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#126 - 2013-04-29 12:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
I already once had this idea:
EVERY Ceo in fw should grab his peeps and petition the f.. out of CCP to fix that sh...
Fweddit, Commandos, Exile, Koza, 7th..... alone from amarr mili we could get surely maybe 500 up to maybe 1000 petitions out within some days.
If every militia would do that we would bury whole CCP with fw pettions and show them what we think about that they donĀ“t give a f...

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#127 - 2013-04-29 12:48:23 UTC
Albercheck wrote:

Even further, do you know how difficult it can be for a larger group like Fweddit to get a fun-sized skirmish? Fweddit can regularly roll with 40+ pilots, but will [understandably] rarely find a tango partner. In my experience, the decently sized skirmishes actually come mostly from neuts, local pirates, or the occasional visiting 0.0 entities. This isn't meant to be a bash at other Minmatar FW organizations, but I think speaks to the larger point raised in this (and many other threads) that larger, more militaristic muscle does not necessarily equate to Factional Warfare success. And, in my opinion, such muscle should actually equate to Factional Warfare success.

Instead, Factional Warfare success seems to involve coordinating a mass-scale effort orbiting beacons for 15+ minutes and upgrading systems every once in a while. If you're doing it right, you are actually trying to minimize conflict so you can complete more plexes. This sort of success is noteworthy considering the scale, but does not necessarily speak to "Warfare" part of Factional Warfare. Thus, in its current form, Faction Warfare seems to be a bit of a misnomer.

Edit: Source for statement in first paragraph: https://api.eveonline.com/eve/FacWarTopStats.xml.aspx

Fair enough. Your corporation should be dominating FW. IMO, none of the proposed changes will fix your main issue (lack of TZ coverage), but yes something should be implemented.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#128 - 2013-04-29 13:45:35 UTC
Cearain wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
yawn another thread for cearain to sperg about that damn notification .... IM OUT

Another thread that points out fw is still a broken carebear race. So yes another thread with the solution. Why do you think we keep getting these threads?

Bcos the whiney bitches from cal/amarr militia wanna cry its broke instead of manning up
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#129 - 2013-04-29 13:53:27 UTC
The whole FW system leaves one scratching their head. The reasons for holding a system, in order of importance, are:

Docking Rights
Cumulative Effect towards Tier
Bragging Rights
Denial of Enemy Mission Agents

Does anyone remember the large thread for system upgrade ideas in F&I? Nothing really came of it. I have yet to log on and hear a corpmate cursing that they lost the extra research slots from enemy plexing! In my eyes system ownership should give you some financial gain outside of FW. Owning a little fiefdom should be the focus - the fact that we get LP to PvP or run plexes is fantastic - but to make that the center of the system is ass backwards. People don't really need to be paid 2x or 3x the amount to circle a button. The end result of the FW system ownership. The ownership should bring the goods - not the process of acquiring it.

As for the TZ coverage. It's a catch 22. It's very easy to say on the forums, "hire more off-TZ pilots." It's another thing to actually do it. My corporation has been trying for months with various degrees of success. It comes back to the same issues:

Why should people join a losing faction?
Why should people quit the winning faction?

This is Eve. People dog-pile onto the winning team. We can talk about the 'pendulum swinging' until we're blue in the face. The fact is the nadir of that pendulum for Amarr lasts months. It takes a Herculean effort to push it back against the Minmatar - where it will stay for mere weeks. The process of doing that also burns out a hell of a lot of pilots. We constantly either lose pilots out the back door as fast as we recruit them or they simply stop logging on. In the meantime on almost a daily basis I see new Minmatar pilots, corporations, and even alliances.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#130 - 2013-04-29 13:53:59 UTC
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Sahtogas is heating up recently but it traditionally isn't even one of the top pvp systems on that front. Usuually its just lots of boring dplexing. You and your corp may be fine with that, (and cry bloody murder anytime someone suggests changes that would make the war pvp) but others want to actually fight a war.

idk what war youzone you been fighting in the past few years. sahtogas has always been a hot area, being 1-2 jumps from the front lines and all.

and most of the saht locals dont give a **** about d-plexing.

From Poetic stanzels blog:

Most Active Systems:
Kamela (3473)
Kourmonen (3121)
Huola (2320)
Sahtogas (1115)
Sosala (1097)

Most Active Systems:
Amamake (3986)
Rens (2823)
Siseide (2728)
Dal (2379)
Vard (1552)

There are 6 other systems with over 2 and 3xs the number of kills. In other words it you will get about 1/3 to 1/2 the number of fights in the same time. Those six systems are all within one or 2 jumps from kourm. Sahtogas is 5 jumps from kourm. Again we can characterize these facts however we want but there are the numbers.

It may have been bad luck but when I would head out there Sahtogas and its surrounding systems would be pretty dead. Lately, of course, that has changed. That was my point. Lately sahtogas has taken off and next to ammamake it has the most kills in the last 24 hours.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#131 - 2013-04-29 13:57:10 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:

So, while you would like to coax me into some kind of "here is your proof" argument, keep in mind that I simply want CCP to be exposed for the real reasons no change happens, they fear losing subscriptions more than making things better.

NOPE this ones easy CCP spent a year on FW u would know that if u played or was in FW long enough its time for them to move on and sort other parts of the game that ppl are raging is "broken"....

i also love how when things arnt going peoples way or its not how they want to play it its BROKEN and HOW DARE CCP NOT FIX THIS
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#132 - 2013-04-29 14:06:57 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
yawn another thread for cearain to sperg about that damn notification .... IM OUT

Another thread that points out fw is still a broken carebear race. So yes another thread with the solution. Why do you think we keep getting these threads?

Bcos the whiney bitches from cal/amarr militia wanna cry its broke instead of manning up

"Manning up" and flying stabbed ships and avoiding all pvp fights? We suggest changes that would make the game a pvp and you get all upset that your gallente rabbits won't be able to hide and plex anymore.

And thank you for another standard argument against making fw sov pvp:

6) Amarr are crybabies, therefore 90% of sov should be determined by rabbits.

This post highlights the other standard arguments carebears love to make in every thread where someone suggest fw sov should be a pvp mechanic:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2946667#post2946667

Still a few more bad arguments to go, but its only page seven and you almost hit every illogical point. And, of course, you are still ignoring the fact that sov in over 90% of systems is determined by rabbits.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#133 - 2013-04-29 14:09:39 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Albercheck wrote:

Edit: Source for statement in first paragraph: https://api.eveonline.com/eve/FacWarTopStats.xml.aspx

Fair enough. Your corporation should be dominating FW. IMO, none of the proposed changes will fix your main issue (lack of TZ coverage), but yes something should be implemented.

Why? If Fweddit has seriously outgrown faction warfare (they haven't), then they should leave. The whole point of FW is that it's an environment where the ability to mass more guys in one fleet doesn't guarantee success. The issues with FW are not that a 40-man armor cruiser blob doesn't grant you victory. (P.S. armor cruisers are boring to both fly and fight. If the FC calls for them, just say no).

(Also, I'm not sure that the largest FW alliance by a considerable margin getting outperformed by an Alliance a fifth their size is something to be impressed by).
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#134 - 2013-04-29 14:12:10 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

i also love how when things arnt going peoples way or its not how they want to play it its BROKEN and HOW DARE CCP NOT FIX THIS

Thats just it, you want the game to remain where 90% of systems' sov is decided by rabbits, we don't. At least this thread has made that much clear.

You keep defending the mechanics that promote rabbit plexing. You keeping arguing against a mechanic that would make it so the rabbits can't hide and plex anymore.

Meditril
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#135 - 2013-04-29 14:13:04 UTC
Even though Zarnak is my natural enemy, I have to admit that there is a lot of truth in his posting.

Zarnak Wulf wrote:

If you want real progress - these are some proposals or things in motion that might help:

• Remove OGB - Veterans on both sides farm the crap out of new people entering FW. Those people leave. It makes it very hard to build a Euro TZ when those people have to enter being self sufficient killers. There is no room for error in that time zone.
  • Put tools in the LP store to help the losing side. I-HUB upgrades to slow plex spawns would be something I have suggested in the past.
  • Make kills move the contested bar in addition to plexes run. If we got credit for all the farmers in Sisiede we murdered we'd still own it! P

• OGB is really a pain, Hookbills and other crap going at insane speeds simply makes the game not fun. While older players either simply ignore them or bring the blob it is completely frustrating for newer players who get spanked without having any chance. If you can't remove OGB for technical reasons then at least remove the speed boosters and snake implants (or trade their bonus for something else).

I really like the idea of LP store items which help the losing side to slow down contestation. For example let us set up some special lightly defended bunkers which make all plexes in a system slowly running down for the defender side if there is no one inside of them. Make it so that bunkers can only be deployed at planets. This would encourage some more PVP by providing new tactical options. The more bunkers are installed the faster the plex timer is running down.

If killing enemy ships would also move the bar this would be really cool. Unfortunatelly I am not sure if you really can avoid misusage here.
    Veshta Yoshida
    PIE Inc.
    Khimi Harar
    #136 - 2013-04-29 14:18:21 UTC
    ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
    Cosmo Raata wrote:

So, while you would like to coax me into some kind of "here is your proof" argument, keep in mind that I simply want CCP to be exposed for the real reasons no change happens, they fear losing subscriptions more than making things better.

NOPE this ones easy CCP spent a year on FW u would know that if u played or was in FW long enough its time for them to move on and sort other parts of the game that ppl are raging is "broken"....

If what FW is now is the result of an entire years worth of work then you are right it is not broken, what it does mean however is that CCP are incompetent beyond belief and their personnel should be banned from using computers forever more (just in case!).
    More reasonable interpretation of what we know is that changes were planned almost on a whim after consulting with CSM and doing a tally of what people spammed threads about. With CSM being almost exclusively null their advice obviously revolved around earning LP/Navy stuff and padding wallets and the post count begging for "MOAR! money" has always outweighed the meaningful.

Complaints have been going on since that FF roundtable presentation with more and more voices from all four militias joining in .. and with both warzones having flipped several times during that time the argument that "not going people's way.." is made rather dead.

Farming/PvE/Risk-aversion has far too much leverage in the current system, sort that and all is hunky-dory.

@OP: You are asking for too much Smile, they will never be able to satisfy both so choose one:
    - CCP stop being scared, or
    - CCP stop being a *****.
    Cearain
    Plus 10 NV
    #137 - 2013-04-29 14:21:11 UTC
    Zarnak Wulf wrote:
    The whole FW system leaves one scratching their head. The reasons for holding a system, in order of importance, are:

Docking Rights
    Cumulative Effect towards Tier
    Bragging Rights
    Denial of Enemy Mission Agents

Does anyone remember the large thread for system upgrade ideas in F&I? Nothing really came of it. I have yet to log on and hear a corpmate cursing that they lost the extra research slots from enemy plexing! In my eyes system ownership should give you some financial gain outside of FW. Owning a little fiefdom should be the focus - the fact that we get LP to PvP or run plexes is fantastic - but to make that the center of the system is ass backwards. People don't really need to be paid 2x or 3x the amount to circle a button. The end result of the FW system ownership. The ownership should bring the goods - not the process of acquiring it.

I don't think we need even more consequences for fielding the most rabbit plexers. Already the consequences are too much. We need to change how sov is won from a pve mechanic to a pvp mechanic. Once the "how you win sov" is no longer broken, then start working on consequences.

Zarnak Wulf wrote:

As for the TZ coverage. It's a catch 22. It's very easy to say on the forums, "hire more off-TZ pilots." It's another thing to actually do it. My corporation has been trying for months with various degrees of success. It comes back to the same issues:

Why should people join a losing faction?
    Why should people quit the winning faction?

This is Eve. People dog-pile onto the winning team. We can talk about the 'pendulum swinging' until we're blue in the face. The fact is the nadir of that pendulum for Amarr lasts months. It takes a Herculean effort to push it back against the Minmatar - where it will stay for mere weeks. The process of doing that also burns out a hell of a lot of pilots. We constantly either lose pilots out the back door as fast as we recruit them or they simply stop logging on. In the meantime on almost a daily basis I see new Minmatar pilots, corporations, and even alliances.

Thats because they put forth a bunch of consequences for winning the game before they fixed how you win.

Cearain
    Plus 10 NV
    #138 - 2013-04-29 14:37:36 UTC
    Milton Middleson wrote:
    X Gallentius wrote:
    Albercheck wrote:

Why? If Fweddit has seriously outgrown faction warfare (they haven't), then they should leave. The whole point of FW is that it's an environment where the ability to mass more guys in one fleet doesn't guarantee success. The issues with FW are not that a 40-man armor cruiser blob doesn't grant you victory. (P.S. armor cruisers are boring to both fly and fight. If the FC calls for them, just say no).

(Also, I'm not sure that the largest FW alliance by a considerable margin getting outperformed by an Alliance a fifth their size is something to be impressed by).

I agree the blob shouldn't be the begin all and end all.

But the problem that is being expressed is that 40 pvpers, whether they stay together in the same blob or split up, will not be able to make any substantial resistance to the rabbit hordes.

Under the current mechanics if they really want to win sov they should lose the pvp fits, get stabs, and do hide and seek plexing. It shouldn't be that way.

Milton Middleson
    Rifterlings
    #139 - 2013-04-29 14:50:13 UTC
    What is a pvp sov mechanic? And how does it function when the other side is a no-show?

Don't say notifications.

Quote:
    Under the current mechanics if they really want to win sov they should lose the pvp fits, get stabs, and do hide and seek plexing. It shouldn't be that way.

This is a better of assessment of the problem than a lot of the suggestions in this thread, but that's very easy to say and very hard to do. The obvious solution is to punish people for rabbiting, though you can't go overboard, because if, e.g., we have timer resets if you abandon the plex to the defenders, then the optimal defensive strategy is blob attackers out of plexes in sequence. The other thing is, you really don't want to punish people for trying to fight at a disadvantage or make ignoring the enemy the optimal strategy (which is sort of the case now), which is what a lot of the proposals in this thread would do.
    Rommell Drako
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #140 - 2013-04-29 15:14:06 UTC
    Before I read and catch up on what was posted since my last post I wanted to share some numbers with you.

System control numbers for each warzone

Amarr/Minmatar
    Vulnerable: 0
    Above 90%: 1
    80-90%: 2
    70-80%: 2
    60-70%: 3
    50-60%: 7

Caldari/Gallente
    Vulnerable: 19
    90%: 10
    80-90%: 8
    70-80%: 4
    60-70%: 2
    50-60%: 9

How are there 19 systems that are vulnerable? Why has Gallente not flipped them? (all of the vulnerable systems are caldari owned, this is the definition of Minmatar plexing alts pushing their warzone).

This is the definition of broken. No one in the gallente wants to fight the warzone. They are either also plexing, leaving the system in caldari hands so they can continue to offensive plex it (more LP), or dont understand the flip mechanics.

Anyway you look at it you have to realize this is broken. EVE FARMVILLE ONLINE is what faction warfare is and if you cant tell that by the numbers then you might not be cut out for spreadsheets online.

These numbers are also the reason why I never care for the opinions from anyone on that side of the warzone. These numbers disgust me.