These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

British in game chat channel has been created

Author
Steijn
Quay Industries
#21 - 2013-04-29 14:08:05 UTC
Vyktor Abyss wrote:
Next time I log in I'll join you.

Be prepared for scouse like ar kid.

time to put the lockable wheel nuts on. Smile
Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-04-29 14:08:21 UTC
We scandinavians support the British, and want our own Norwegian, Sweedish and Danish channels merged into a scandinavian channel instead of three seperated ones!
Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe
#23 - 2013-04-29 14:09:25 UTC
Anyone using American English spelling will be banned.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#24 - 2013-04-29 14:10:04 UTC
Mr M wrote:

We should deport them.
Ilaister
Binary Aesthetics
#25 - 2013-04-29 14:16:33 UTC
Mr M wrote:

Was ambivalent, read this, now joining.
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#26 - 2013-04-29 14:22:08 UTC
jamesoverlord wrote:
Ok ladies and gents of Britain it was high lighted at the UK round table we have no channel for the British people i know the Scots have a channel so i have created one for us CRAZY GUYS the in game channel is open and named 'British and Proud' please join it and lets see how many of you thee are and also its a place to chill and chat to other British people in Game .

What? Scotland is part of Britain, so if the Jockanese already have their own channel then why isn't the new channel English rather than British?

Just saying....

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Balkor Wolf
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-04-29 14:27:39 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
jamesoverlord wrote:
Ok ladies and gents of Britain it was high lighted at the UK round table we have no channel for the British people i know the Scots have a channel so i have created one for us CRAZY GUYS the in game channel is open and named 'British and Proud' please join it and lets see how many of you thee are and also its a place to chill and chat to other British people in Game .

What? Scotland is part of Britain, so if the Jockanese already have their own channel then why isn't the new channel English rather than British?

Just saying....

Someone mentioned earlier it was to include the Welsh, Ireland and the colonies.
Major 'Revolver' Ocelot
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-04-29 14:40:55 UTC
jamesoverlord wrote:
this channel will include everyone that is British or under British sov in RL if i put english and proud i will be head hunted for being racist so irish scots and welsh are aloud haha enjoy chaps

allowed*

Also, I tend to get anxious around Southerners. Can't trust them I'm afraid.
Tiberius StarGazer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-04-29 14:42:00 UTC
What a spiffing idea, be wonderful to have a chinwag with my fellow country ladies and gents, what what.
Gary Goat
XDC-UK
#30 - 2013-04-29 15:01:56 UTC
An English channel?

I'll bring my armbands
Simeon Tor
New Dawn Corp
New Eden Research.
#31 - 2013-04-29 15:04:38 UTC
Gary Goat wrote:
An English channel?

I'll bring my armbands

I see wut you did thar.

[center]New Eden Research[/center] [center]Providing access to fast and affordable labs since 2006![/center]

Sellit High
Tech and Creative
#32 - 2013-04-29 15:50:33 UTC
Can we make sure that us landed gentry are able to edit the MOTD to read "Hobbledehoi get orf moi laaaand'

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#33 - 2013-04-29 15:53:30 UTC
is this open to the indignant residents of current and former British colonies?
jamesoverlord
Eclipse Strike Unit
#34 - 2013-04-29 15:57:55 UTC
its open to all British people in British sov i.e if you have British birth rights then join the channel haha
Tesco Ergo Sum
#35 - 2013-04-29 15:58:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Tesco Ergo Sum
Spookyjay
Brain Farmers Inc
#36 - 2013-04-29 16:21:20 UTC
More people need to see this and join
jamesoverlord
Eclipse Strike Unit
#37 - 2013-04-29 17:43:44 UTC
lets spread the word
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-04-29 17:46:17 UTC
WOOHOO THIS IS AWESOME !

Most people i've ever met in game are from that tiny island ! :D
Josef Djugashvilis
#39 - 2013-04-29 18:05:20 UTC
jamesoverlord wrote:
its open to all British people in British sov i.e if you have British birth rights then join the channel haha

That's me out then.

Never mind.Shocked

This is not a signature.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-04-29 18:10:55 UTC
jamesoverlord wrote:

Advisory:

Said chat channel contains slang and cultural references that we "Colonists" would be hearing much more often, had we not thrown their stupid tea into the harbor.

Addendum:

All Americans who watch Doctor Who (Tom Baker, FTW!), Top Gear, and Gordon Ramsay, are heretofore exempt from all requisite confusion, and know exactly what our estranged parent culture is trying to say when they call us "muppets" and "pillocks", and do hereby accept and admit that we do, in fact, know the proper responses to such commentary.

The makers of British & Proud (tm) are not responsible for any side effects, which include, but are not limited to:
Dry humor, intense cravings for malt vinegar, undue emotional fondness for the royal family, passive-aggressive behavior, and/or casual insouciance.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]