These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hilmar; please "Open the Door".....

Author
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-04-29 05:38:46 UTC
No one cares about WiS, move on.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

McVain089
Red-Giant Inc.
#22 - 2013-04-29 05:40:46 UTC
Wouldn't it be cool if you could open the door and came to the conclusion that it was an airlock out of the station? Would be fun picking up the frozen bodies no? Smile

Serious note: if it had meaning and a place within the EvE Universe, I would like it to open... Otherwise keep it shut until it is.
Concurssi Mellenar
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-04-29 09:44:52 UTC
Did we need another thread?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=229978

He who controls the veld, controls the universe.

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-04-29 09:55:24 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

You're wrong, quite a few people care.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
#25 - 2013-04-29 10:07:38 UTC
Please open it so i can flaunt my monocle to all the peasants :D

♥ 

Florian Kuehne
Tech3 Company
#26 - 2013-04-29 10:13:03 UTC
I want WIS, open the door please.
WTFAMILOOKINGAT
Horizon Research Group
#27 - 2013-04-29 10:34:18 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

Not enough, it seems. I certainly don't.
Shaadowlurker
Mah Na Mah Na
#28 - 2013-04-29 10:39:34 UTC
Would be nice to have WiS, but not if they have to stop working on other things in order to implement it.
If they get a small team working on WiS while the rest of the ccp devs focus on the spaceship part of the game, i`m sure most players will be pleased.
This should prevent some of the drama surrounding that damn door.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#29 - 2013-04-29 10:45:34 UTC
Shaadowlurker wrote:
Would be nice to have WiS, but not if they have to stop working on other things in order to implement it.
If they get a small team working on WiS while the rest of the ccp devs focus on the spaceship part of the game, i`m sure most players will be pleased.
This should prevent some of the drama surrounding that damn door.

I don't care how many people they put to it, as long as what they deliver is meaningful and fun.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#30 - 2013-04-29 10:52:18 UTC
Well, they don't need to go overboard with it, but a short corridor and a bathroom would be appreciated. Having to hop into the capsule every time you need a rest room is a bit annoying.
Jessy Berbers
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-04-29 11:08:17 UTC
I'm all for them just getting over it and outsource the thing, then everyone would be happy, the spaceships crowd, and the WiS crowd, for with spaceships CCP itself can keep working on spaceships, and the outsourcing would help us WiS fans.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-04-29 11:16:27 UTC
I really do wish Hilmar would open the door
Get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Concurssi Mellenar
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-04-29 11:18:07 UTC
Jessy Berbers wrote:
I'm all for them just getting over it and outsource the thing, then everyone would be happy, the spaceships crowd, and the WiS crowd, for with spaceships CCP itself can keep working on spaceships, and the outsourcing would help us WiS fans.
In that case I'd be adamantly against it. Every time a developer outsources some part of developing their game, the result is crap. It would have to be CCP who do it, if they ever do.

He who controls the veld, controls the universe.

Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#34 - 2013-04-29 11:22:17 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Put it this way, would you rather

-Fight giant space battles
-Colonize star systems
-Extract rich and valuble materials
-Discover stunning and strange things
-Make untold fortunes on a market

OR

-Walk at 2 miles per hour
-Watch a boring holoprojector on constant loop
-Watch your character scratch his/her back ever 30 seconds

WiS on it's current path is unnecessary and ridiculously boring. It's basically what the real world would be like if there was nothing to do and we were in space.

In order for WiS to be worth the time and money it would have to be overhauled in such a way that it's practically a separate game from EVE. Doing so would divert CCPs attention away from their other projects just for the sake of Second Life IN SPAAAACE which as we saw from the tears and rage after Incarna, few people actually want.

Word!

Sadly WiS is pointless and require an awful lot of work etc to get any basic gameplay. Afterall the room itself took a whole development cycle or two, and it took another to get more than just one room!
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-04-29 11:23:26 UTC
Concurssi Mellenar wrote:
Jessy Berbers wrote:
In that case I'd be adamantly against it. Every time a developer outsources some part of developing their game, the result is crap. It would have to be CCP who do it, if they ever do.

I second that.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

LittleTerror
Stygian Systems
#36 - 2013-04-29 11:29:00 UTC
WTFAMILOOKINGAT wrote:
J3ssica Alba wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

Not enough, it seems. I certainly don't.

I care.

Open the door now!
Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-04-29 11:35:22 UTC
In my humble opinion WiS should be "another game in the EVE universe" as DUST is, with another client. It may be a really cheaper investment.
Anyhow, I'm lead to think that WiS and WoD are two realizations of CCP avatar technology, and this could mean that the destiny of WiS and WoD are deeply interconnected.

So, while I could be skeptical about CCP commitment on WiS, it's clear that soon or later WoD will be released (in 2025, perhaps), and we might as well get WiS at that date.

For now, I am a proud owner of two legs that quite work, so if I feel the need of walking, I can do it without yet another WASD mmo.
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#38 - 2013-04-29 12:37:07 UTC
Let's be honest, Himar is right. Opening the door right now when there is nothing to do is pointless. The Captain's Quarters are initially an exciting indication of the potential of Incarna, but that doesn't mean that those things wouldn't happen without work. As it stands now, it serves no practical use and is just a toy for making the game feel more immersive when you have the time and care to do so.

My real annoyance is that Hilmar was trolling, because, for a second there, I think he had people going that they'd done some sneaky dev work, told nobody about it, got WiS working and was about to announce it for Odyssee.
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-04-29 12:41:03 UTC
What I don't get is how can they go from "we have 200 pieces of clothing ready to put in game" to ... no new clothing for the past year. Roll
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#40 - 2013-04-29 12:46:00 UTC
Get WoD out the door, iterate and improve on it and then use that updated/upgraded technology to add WiS to EVE.