These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Cloaky Rebalance

First post
Author
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#21 - 2013-04-28 00:16:01 UTC
Drunken Bum wrote:
Seriously. Fresh strawberry and peanut butter smoothie. Its like drinking a peanut butter and jam sammich.

I like to make a peanut butter sandwich and just leave it on the table while I drink beer. It makes me feel as though I am eating healthy.

Sometimes I do this while cloaked. That makes me feel like I'm eating healthy and loosing weight.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#22 - 2013-04-28 00:19:52 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
OP makes me want to take a cloaky and go to null sec just to sit afk in local all day.

And he even used his normal name and not a forum alt by the looks of it, so it shouldn't be that hard. Blink
comander klieve
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-04-28 00:23:10 UTC
I personally do mine, and rat and do all that stuff when there is a cloaky in system because 9/10 he is afk and most of the time we do save whoever gets bloped. Was just looking for a discussion but troll all you like :)
Dyphorus
Inritus Astrum
#24 - 2013-04-28 00:41:07 UTC
Is it really that hard to take your own cloaky T3 the next system over to rat? Seriously?

And yes, I've been there. The system I generally rat in was camped out 3 nights this week and... OMG... I had to go one whole system to rat peacefully.

You want safety.... go to empire and mine.
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-04-28 00:54:33 UTC
As much as I think long term afk cloaking is a broken, exploited behaviour, that DOES violate terms stipulated in the EULA, even though CCP is not willing to act on that;

This thread again?

1: Go to Suggestions and Ideas forum
2: Ressurect the last 'solutions for the afk cloakers problem' thread
3: Post your idea in it

Thanks.
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-04-28 00:56:28 UTC
Dyphorus wrote:
Is it really that hard to take your own cloaky T3 the next system over to rat? Seriously?

And yes, I've been there. The system I generally rat in was camped out 3 nights this week and... OMG... I had to go one whole system to rat peacefully.

Actually, for many corporations and alliances, this IS a real problem, especially when you factor in the further change to anomalies by the security level of the space coming in odyssey. Many people aren't content with the pathetic 30 or 40m an hour you make in your cloaky t3. Some of us would rather feel like we achieved something with our time, other than raking in some change.

That, and mining in 0.0 is safer than empire, depending on the region.
terzho
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-04-28 01:08:21 UTC
comander klieve wrote:

this causes fear to prevent anyone from mining, ratting or doing anything to make money.

There is no counter to this other than to wait, bait and take a massive risk as there is never any intel on what gang floats on the other side of that cyno.

Turn on a night light? But seriously read what you just wrote again. You want a counter.......to fear.......
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#28 - 2013-04-28 01:55:53 UTC
Let's look at this from a different perspective.

Small-scale and solo PVP in sov 0.0 is in such horrible shape that going AFK in systems for long periods of time is the best way to get a shot at killing someone. Roaming is a much more interesting activity, both allowing roamers to find more targets and allow for those targets to form defense gangs to defend their space.

The upcoming changes in Odyssey with regards to mining being buffed and placed into anomalies, the new exploration system, the rebalance of combat anomalies and the addition of more warp scrambling rats, and quick system scanning are all steps in the right direction.

They make roaming a more interesting and effective activity by both increasing the reward for players who live in nullsec, and by allowing players to more easily find each other for better or for worse. The uptick in roaming and productive small gang pvp will mean players will not have to resort to extreme measures to have fun.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-04-28 02:07:14 UTC
Drunken Bum wrote:
Seriously. Fresh strawberry and peanut butter smoothie. Its like drinking a peanut butter and jam sammich.

i know a place that makes a killer strawberry caramel thick shake. it's so full of win.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#30 - 2013-04-28 02:18:02 UTC
comander klieve wrote:

this causes fear to prevent anyone from mining, ratting or doing anything to make money.
[...]
My suggestion is simple. People in alliance chat keep saying that a cloak is unbalanced, and that you should be able to detect it. I disagree as detecting cloaks defeats the purpose.

I'm sorry to hear in your alliance chat people complain for having to deal with some risk while ratting and mining in null sec.
Of course game mechanics for the rest of EVE players should adapt to your alliance chat complaints and fears.

Dyphorus
Inritus Astrum
#31 - 2013-04-28 04:05:16 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Dyphorus wrote:

Actually, for many corporations and alliances, this IS a real problem, especially when you factor in the further change to anomalies by the security level of the space coming in odyssey. Many people aren't content with the pathetic 30 or 40m an hour you make in your cloaky t3. Some of us would rather feel like we achieved something with our time, other than raking in some change.

That, and mining in 0.0 is safer than empire, depending on the region.

Rewards require risk.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-04-28 04:20:46 UTC
comander klieve wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but meh.

As a 0.0 player I am used to having raiding parties etc come through our space to disrupt us and loose us iskies...back in the day it was a fair fight and a defense fleet could be formed. now days with cloaky t3's and black ops gangs that just appear after a neut or red has been in local for 6 hours (probable afk). this causes fear to prevent anyone from mining, ratting or doing anything to make money.

There is no counter to this other than to wait, bait and take a massive risk as there is never any intel on what gang floats on the other side of that cyno.

My suggestion is simple. People in alliance chat keep saying that a cloak is unbalanced, and that you should be able to detect it. I disagree as detecting cloaks defeats the purpose. What I suggest is that the cloak require a small amount of fuel, just enough to make it harder to float afk cloaked in a system.

Just a basic idea...thoughts?

Emorage.... it's not just for highsec carebears, anymore.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-04-28 04:26:17 UTC
This is the stupidest freaking thread I've ever seen in my life. And that's saying something, because I have started some ignorant goddamn threads....

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-04-28 05:04:34 UTC
As someone who has lived in null for their entire eve career: shut up nerd.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-04-28 05:51:39 UTC
IIRC there are only two kinds of ships that can lock right away after decloak. One of these is paper tanked and the other can't warp cloaked. I think that's pretty balanced as far as cloaky camping goes.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-04-28 06:11:56 UTC
comander klieve wrote:

My suggestion is simple. People in alliance chat keep saying that a cloak is unbalanced, and that you should be able to detect it. I disagree as detecting cloaks defeats the purpose. What I suggest is that the cloak require a small amount of fuel, just enough to make it harder to float afk cloaked in a system.

Hands of my cov ops! That's my thought on this. With the lack of local, and the need for scouts, nerfing cloaks will seriously mess with WH life, and I like w-space the way it is (mostly).

As for 'we can't do anything when there's a cloaky in-system' - well don't bother coming to w-space is all I can say.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#37 - 2013-04-28 08:32:34 UTC
Cloaks are fine Straight

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

ravill rivyll
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-04-28 09:28:27 UTC  |  Edited by: ravill rivyll
I would erase the person from local overview and I would make skill for detecting a cloaked ships in system. But it would only tell you "Cloaking system device track detected in system"... or something like that but the person should be covered completly the local is really akward you can cloak yourship but you cant close communication channel ...

Anaway handsoff the cloak !
Skorpynekomimi
#39 - 2013-04-28 10:03:42 UTC
With the upcoming nuking of grav sites, why not make gravitational signatures cloaked ships?

Find them by scanning for their mass. Maybe requiring special probes or skills, or just simply not giving a warp-able signature beyond 'there's a cloaker around here'.

Economic PVP

Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#40 - 2013-04-28 10:08:52 UTC
Crikey!! There is someone in the system that I can't see, that can't lock me, that can't active their weapons...

What can I do??!!

Maybe I could accept the fact that they aren't going to do squat, and go about my business...
Or use a jumpgate and move to the system next door for a little while...

Or third solution is to accept a slight gimp to income, plan for the attack, and defend yourself and your space...

The one thing you should never do is whine on the forums doesn't help you in the slightest...

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

Previous page123Next page