These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About these new "Relic" and "Data" sites

Author
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#1 - 2013-04-27 11:01:55 UTC
I didn't get it, will the new Relic and Data sites also be available in wormholes ? Or will we be left on the side of the road as always ?

Same thing for the jump effects and war on loading bars. There is a loading bar for jumping through wormholes, any cool transition to expect ?

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2013-04-27 11:31:26 UTC
Altrue wrote:
I didn't get it, will the new Relic and Data sites also be available in wormholes ? Or will we be left on the side of the road as always ?

Probably not. But let's face it, WH Radar and Mag sites don't really compare to their k-space equivalents to begin with. They also said they are removing the rats from these Relic and data sites, which I highly doubt you would see happen to WH Radars and Mags.

Altrue wrote:
Same thing for the jump effects and war on loading bars. There is a loading bar for jumping through wormholes, any cool transition to expect ?

Of course not. They only said it was their first step in the war against loading bars. I'm sure they didn't mean ALL of the loading bars. Roll
Phaderift
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2013-04-27 11:34:56 UTC
they may remove the NPCs and then just make them require a lot more skills to hack/crack to get the loots out of. they didn't really mention WHs much out side of the WH round table. though another thing to note when they did the live demo of a new "relic" site .. soundwave did not have any special module to open the can, though that might have been dev hacks
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#4 - 2013-04-27 11:41:57 UTC
Deceiving :D

Tahna Rouspel
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-04-27 12:27:58 UTC
I want to know more about these. If they're changing the way decryptor and codebreaker works, they'll have to change the wormhole sites to!
Phaderift
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2013-04-27 14:56:01 UTC
in the proto type session the Dev mentioned that these changes were across the board but i going to bring it up in the exploration round table in an hour. ill post back what they say
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#7 - 2013-04-27 19:57:58 UTC
Phaderift wrote:
in the proto type session the Dev mentioned that these changes were across the board but i going to bring it up in the exploration round table in an hour. ill post back what they say

Thank you :D (If you have the opportunity, etc etc)

unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-04-27 20:16:35 UTC  |  Edited by: unimatrix0030
The video wasn't that clear but they are only changing the way you open the can you are analysing/hacking. The site themselfs don'tchange. Npc's will still be there as usual.
You still need the module on the ship, the prototype just didn't had it.
Also the gate efect version for wormhole transition and cyno might notbe ready in time for the 4 of junee

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Phaderift
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2013-04-27 23:05:54 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Phaderift wrote:

i asked in the exploration panel and the team there was the balancing team and didn't have much to do with the changes to exploration so they could confirm that the new mechanic was going to be in WH space they could not confirm if our NPC's were to also be removed or how the special talocan hull spawns were to be dealt with. Said CCP Tallest would be the guy to ask, going to try and find him at the party here in a few though not sure he will be of sober mind to provide an answer .. maybe we can attract him to this thread by saying his name 3 times??

CCP Tallest
Fradle
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#10 - 2013-04-28 14:57:00 UTC
CCP Tallest
Tahna Rouspel
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-04-28 15:27:30 UTC
CXCP Tallest

Lets hope we'll get an answer!
Zzzzleepyhead
Honestly We didnt know
#12 - 2013-04-28 16:25:13 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:
The video wasn't that clear but they are only changing the way you open the can you are analysing/hacking. The site themselfs don'tchange. Npc's will still be there as usual.
You still need the module on the ship, the prototype just didn't had it.
Also the gate efect version for wormhole transition and cyno might notbe ready in time for the 4 of junee

IIRC they thought it didn't make any sense really that there was NPCs in the sites, so there wouldn't be any NPCs as you warp in. But if you fail with the hacking sequence the can would blow up/spawn NPCs or something like that.

Less QQ, more pew pew.

and may the longcat, decending with the holy light, cleanse the world with fire and lazor beams.

ktown Hekard
Llama Sombrero Syndicate
The Burning Contingent Alliance
#13 - 2013-04-28 23:49:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ktown Hekard
CCP Tallest
CCP Tallest
CCP Tallest

Please kind Sir. would you confirm or deny the question at hand? On NPC spawns in WH space.
Much appreciated.

Phaderift wrote:
Altrue wrote:
Phaderift wrote:

i asked in the exploration panel and the team there was the balancing team and didn't have much to do with the changes to exploration so they could confirm that the new mechanic was going to be in WH space they could not confirm if our NPC's were to also be removed or how the special talocan hull spawns were to be dealt with. Said CCP Tallest would be the guy to ask, going to try and find him at the party here in a few though not sure he will be of sober mind to provide an answer .. maybe we can attract him to this thread by saying his name 3 times??

CCP Tallest
Azemar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-05-02 06:27:57 UTC
I'm really hoping that WH gets some non-combat sites added.

I don't understand this black and white philosophy. We can still have combat sites, just give us some non-combat sites. Tired of WH's getting side-lined.

We are in this giant vast unknown system. Not everything has to be about combat to be dynamic and awesome. Currently "exploration" is just preemptive and delayed combat.
Aidamina Omen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-05-02 07:24:25 UTC
I was rather disappointed that CCP Tallest did not bother showing up for the exploration roundtable. Especially since the devs involved weren't fully up to date on the latest exploration features.
Phaderift
Pandemic Legion
#16 - 2013-05-02 16:39:29 UTC
Aidamina Omen wrote:
I was rather disappointed that CCP Tallest did not bother showing up for the exploration roundtable. Especially since the devs involved weren't fully up to date on the latest exploration features.

yea but the devs who did show up were awesome :) it was the last round table of fanfest and they troopered on. Perhaps we could get one of the WH CSM .. either current .. James or chitsa or past .. Two step to see about getting these details confirmed?