These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Titans

Author
Deb Kugisa
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-04-25 05:32:41 UTC
So if I were to start creating a titan character.... am I right in saying that the gall titan is the best due to the armor bonus to fleet?
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#2 - 2013-04-25 06:03:40 UTC
Protip: If you don't know the answer to that question, you shouldn't be starting a Titan character.
Deb Kugisa
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-04-25 06:06:51 UTC
pro tip... it takes like a year to train a titan char... and who knows I may be training to sell or give to a guildy, or hell maybe Im just considering it and doing some research before I do anything.....

Even if I were to fly it myself, I have a year to learn what I need to know... and ohmygod I asked a question to learn the answer and got a ******** response.... anyone wanna give me a legitimate answer please?
xPredat0rz
Project.Nova
The Initiative.
#4 - 2013-04-25 06:31:01 UTC

Train for whatever you want...just remember shield titans are just meat shields for the armor ones. And 99% of the time its there just to bridge peoples ****. In saying that I prefer Amarr for using less ammo.=p
Deb Kugisa
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-25 06:39:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Deb Kugisa
in all honesty Id be making it for logistic duty... Just weighing options between 7.5 armor boost or 7.5% capacitor recharge for fleets
Dave Stark
#6 - 2013-04-25 07:19:31 UTC
Deb Kugisa wrote:
guildy,

obvious troll is obvious.
Deb Kugisa
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-04-25 07:53:16 UTC
corpmate sorry... I admit I play wow too, not a crime last I checked
Craggus
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-04-25 08:46:29 UTC
Train for whichever you find prettiest. The majority of time that character will either be logged of or you will just be left to stare at it with googly eyes.
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-04-25 11:12:28 UTC
Gallente

Because its the coolest

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Secret Squirrell
Allied Press Intergalactic
#10 - 2013-04-25 16:05:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Secret Squirrell
You need to understand that unless you are in one of the biggest power blocks in eve, the differences in the combat capabilities of the titans are almost completely irrelevant. Outside the biggest blocks, your titan has exactly 2 uses:

1. Bridging fleets
2. Drive by doomsday

The different characteristics of your titan are irrelevant to both those functions. If your titan is on field for longer then necessary to doomsday, its fate is entirely dependent on the ability of your subcap fleet to break tackle before all of eve descends upon you for a juicy kill mail. Outside of off grid boosting a capital brawl, your going to want 2 link ships providing boosts, and even then, most people would just use link ships, so the armor boost will rarely if ever be used. Finally, even if you are in a big block, if they ever do have another major super brawl, they will have plenty of each titan type to provide choice boosts, and the differences in the weapon damage from your titan will be negligible, but the Erebus or Avatar would probably be best, but just ask your super cap guys what to do, not us on the forums.
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-04-25 16:58:35 UTC
Then I will see you in a year when you get your titan. Share your fit too and what system its at. I'll bring friends.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-04-25 17:33:32 UTC
Just here to point out a... well, quite obvious thing, but still.

By the time you'll be sitting in your titan, they may very well be "Fozzie'd". It's quite hard to speculate on the matter tbh.
DeLindsay
Galaxies Fall
#13 - 2013-04-26 02:47:25 UTC
Just because you can SIT in a Titan in 1 year doesn't mean you can FLY it (not well anyways or with all the correct fittings). It takes MUCH longer than 1 year to get anywhere close to the "right" training for a single Race's Titan including all the supporting skills. Besides, it's little more than pretty pretty lights and a giant space coffin.

The Operative: "There are a lot of innocent people being killed in the air right now".

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: "You have no idea how true that is".

Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-04-26 03:16:37 UTC
DeLindsay wrote:
Just because you can SIT in a Titan in 1 year doesn't mean you can FLY it (not well anyways or with all the correct fittings). It takes MUCH longer than 1 year to get anywhere close to the "right" training for a single Race's Titan including all the supporting skills. Besides, it's little more than pretty pretty lights and a giant space coffin.

^^ that so many times that.

It isnt a question of, well lvl 4 is enough for that skill.. or that..

get them to 5 and then look through ALL the skills again and add all the ones you lost.

I am not even dreaming of a regular capital with my 40 something mill SP on this character, and my other char with 60 is just now getting into capitals.

sure it would be a lot less if i where to beeline for a titan, but.. dear lord.. titans are well.. they might seem glamorous and all before you actually played around a lot with them.

seeing the titan chars in alliance chat.. log in.. bridge...log out.. thats it for them for that day. sure we arent 0.0 peeps so we dont get into much capital fights.. but still.. titans are not as glamorous as they first seem. You wont catch me in any super.. EVER! even on a .. 5th? toon.. eh.. see.. 1.. 2.3... ok.. 10th .. shesh.. i have 9 toons?! i play this game too much..
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-04-26 03:32:46 UTC
Before you should even consider training a titan, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ZLkk2Qmj0

Titans are no means bad ships or something you should avoid, but you seem to be a fairly new player and focusing on a Titan this early is rather silly. Go for it if you really want, but being a titan pilot isn't what you think it is.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

penifSMASH
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#16 - 2013-04-26 04:48:46 UTC
There's so much to say in reply to your very loaded question. I will first respond to your question then tell you separately what you didn't ask but need to hear anyway.

The type of titan you want to train for depends on the alliance you are in and what you intend to use it for. Titans have two main uses. The two main uses are: 1) bridging; 2) Doomsday platform (and not just for drivebys like a previous poster stated). If you use your titan just for bridging, it does not matter what race titan you use since they all function the same in this regard. If anything, a Leviathan would be preferable because it is the cheapest of the four. If you intend to use your titan JUST for drive-by doomsdays (I don't know anyone who *just* does this though) then get a Leviathan or Ragnarok because they have the shortest delay between DD activation and DD hitting target. If you intend on using your titan DDing other than in drive-by situations, then it means you intend to use it in cap brawls. If that is the case, every cap/supercap fleet in the game is currently biased towards armor so an Erebus or Avatar would be better.

The titan bonus is really not that important. It's almost always only used for supercap fleets (and not for subcap fleets) and in those situations there are usually enough Avatars or Erebuses in fleet anyway so that it doesn't matter what bonus you can provide.

If you are training a character to sell on the forums, Avatar and Erebus characters are in equal high demand. It trains ~605 days to train a combat capable titan character (supports @ 5, gunnery @ 5, titan 5, DDO 5, jump portal 3).

If you are not training a character just for resale, then you've got a lot of EVE to experience before you commit to a titan. No offense but everything I just typed are basic facts that prospective titan owners should mostly know and the very nature of the question you asked exposes a level of novice that shows you are nowhere near ready for a titan. I can't tell if you are posting from a 28 day forum alt or if you really are a newbie. If the latter, just play EVE, learn the game, and enjoy yourself before committing yourself to things like supercaps.
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#17 - 2013-04-27 10:21:54 UTC
How about being that one Minmatar Titan in the entire world.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#18 - 2013-04-27 11:47:57 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:

The Minmatar have Titans? I thought they were all broken down into scrap-Rifters years ago?
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#19 - 2013-04-27 12:30:21 UTC
Paikis wrote:
Angelique Duchemin wrote:

The Minmatar have Titans? I thought they were all broken down into scrap-Rifters years ago?

I was surprised too. Naturally it looks like floating garbage but I have never seen one in space.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Ong
Lumberjack Commandos
#20 - 2013-04-27 12:53:30 UTC
Pretty much everything penifSMASH said.

I personally would only ever go amarr supers, they have the most ehp. Supers are only really ever used in gangs, so doing that extra 2k dps is pretty much irrelevant.

About the only time I would use a non amarr super is the Nyx over the Aeon for solo or dual super low sec hotdroping. Being able to gank whatever ******** carrier has got bumped or agro'd on undock, and gtfo before all hics within 20 jumps start burning for you, is worth the loss in ehp over the dps gain.
12Next page