These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

STARGATE CONSTRUCTION?!??!?!

Author
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#1 - 2013-04-26 18:37:49 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
to wormholes? to Jove space? to new systems? to Earth in the EVEGATE?!?!?!?!
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-04-26 18:42:55 UTC
Oculus VR + stargates = leeroy mode active

Dodixie > Hek

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#3 - 2013-04-26 18:43:00 UTC
I'd say new systems, so EVE can grow indefinitely.
Lin Gi'Do
Red Bull Industries
#4 - 2013-04-26 18:43:05 UTC
or jove space, or back to Earth? Who knows.
Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#5 - 2013-04-26 18:43:34 UTC
Coming 20never.

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#6 - 2013-04-26 18:48:29 UTC
this op is awesome... so much content...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Anslo
Scope Works
#7 - 2013-04-26 18:48:31 UTC
I was wondering why CCP Facebook was blowing up with comments. The demo showed gate construction? What else?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-04-26 18:49:37 UTC
Hmm, new probe system, looks like it has been dumbed down to me.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-04-26 18:50:54 UTC
Gate construction was just shown as a possible thing for the future. It won't be part of Odyssey.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2013-04-26 18:51:58 UTC
Lin Gi'Do wrote:

Jove space sounds more liklely, since they've said that they're going to open up that part of space.
Nex Killer
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-04-26 18:53:21 UTC
Anslo wrote:
I was wondering why CCP Facebook was blowing up with comments. The demo showed gate construction? What else?

They didn't show anything it was just something for the future.
Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-04-26 18:54:37 UTC
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:

The ability to start you 7 probes at once and store probe patterns isn't dumbing it down. It is just getting rid of annoying UI-restrictions/"gamplay".
Anslo
Scope Works
#13 - 2013-04-26 18:54:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Lin Gi'Do wrote:

Jove space sounds more liklely, since they've said that they're going to open up that part of space.

Wait really? Was that recent at fanfest or some god awful long time ago?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#14 - 2013-04-26 18:55:41 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Lin Gi'Do wrote:

Will we have to WH to there like Sansha did?
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Jeidan Fallstaff
#15 - 2013-04-26 18:58:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeidan Fallstaff
Rebecha Pucontis wrote:

Looks like some great changes to me. Formation and multiple probe deployment, better scanning result display.

All things that weren't cleverer, just repetetive in the current system.

Plus, the revamp centers more on the system scanner, showing these new sigs and sites. Changes to archeology and hacking sites are much better IMO - greater benefits for group expeditions (more ejected loot collected... *tangent* how soon till this beocmes known as ejaculoot?) (I'm coining it right now)

Way better than click drag click drag click drag click drag click drag click drag click drag click drag warp approach (maybe shooty shooty) target turn on salvager.... zzzzz

*edit*

forgot to say, it seems to me that system scanning still works like now - you can detect certain anomolies, but you'll still need to use probes and scanning for the juicier anomolies and sites

What if your sole reason for being is simply to serve as a warning to others?

Arcosian
Arcosian Heavy Industries Corp Holding
#16 - 2013-04-26 18:58:50 UTC
My question is assuming stargates are going to make titans look like a cheap frig in terms of cost why would any alliance want to foot the bill so everyone else can use it?
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#17 - 2013-04-26 19:01:39 UTC
Arcosian wrote:
My question is assuming stargates are going to make titans look like a cheap frig in terms of cost why would any alliance want to foot the bill so everyone else can use it?

Of course if you build the gate you also are the sole key keeper.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2013-04-26 19:01:54 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Lin Gi'Do wrote:

Wait really? Was that recent at fanfest or some god awful long time ago?

It was some magazine interview IIRC.

Also, the interesting part isn't stargate construction — it's what's required to make it a valuable addition: stargate destruction. If all you can do is build new ones, it'll be a one-time thing… Twisted
Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#19 - 2013-04-26 19:02:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Throktar
CCP Seagull said that the gate building would be in the winter expansion as part of the space colonization expansion. It will be very interesting how that will work out.

I really love the new stargate and station animations. I find it really adds a lot to the immersion of the game.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#20 - 2013-04-26 19:02:37 UTC
Arcosian; my guess is that if you build it, you can control who passes through-- though I assume there's also a possibility to hack 'em? Or depending on expense (it could be relatively cheaper to build, but need constant fueling), break blockades by building smuggler gates...?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

123Next page