These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones also in V3?

Author
Temuken Radzu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-04-19 21:19:43 UTC
Seems like it that the normal drones also got the V3 treatment. They look a lot sharper now especially sentry's.
nevermore Homing
#2 - 2013-04-23 01:12:01 UTC
sentry can fly with 1m/s
and nice wake flame
Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2013-04-24 01:25:03 UTC
My only point of critique is that I do wish they kept separate textures for the EW drones other than the bog standard T1/T2 skins. New textures for augmented/integrated drones would be cool too, though these dont really see much use outside of the alliance tournament so that's not a huge deal.

Of course what I listed could still be WiP and I dont even have drone models ever turned on ingame because of the lag it tends to cause, so I'm not terribly upset either way
Luc Chastot
#4 - 2013-04-25 03:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Luc Chastot
Honestly, drones need completely new models and textures.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Marxzo Andoun
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-04-25 23:29:20 UTC
I think it would be nice to see flame wakes on drones without being zoomed in. it would have a visual indication/eyecandy for drones at normal zoom levels other than the generic green/red x marker.

Sure the models need work (especially the turret fire points >.>) but it's really not frequent that people magnify to see them unless thumb-twiddling during a mission.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-05-02 03:28:53 UTC
Marxzo Andoun wrote:
I think it would be nice to see flame wakes on drones without being zoomed in. it would have a visual indication/eyecandy for drones at normal zoom levels other than the generic green/red x marker.

Sure the models need work (especially the turret fire points >.>) but it's really not frequent that people magnify to see them unless thumb-twiddling during a mission.

flame wakes would be a nice touch.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Kaelnor Heidan
Supermassive Singularity
#7 - 2013-05-02 09:32:24 UTC
Graphics improvements are nice and all but their stats really should be V3d too.