These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Uppsy Daisy's Compendium

Author
Dorian Mirror
Glovis Corporation
#81 - 2013-04-24 23:19:55 UTC
Any Idea if the freighters will also be able to use Rigs?

Also, the new Apoc looks interesting...

Uppsy Daisy wrote:

0/10 it is a massive buff not a nerf. Loosing a turret, then doubling the damage bonus is an overall increase in damage, AND a reduction in capacitor requirements as you only need to run 6 turrets instead of 7.

Actually, the Hyperion had 10 effective turrets before, it now has 9...
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#82 - 2013-04-24 23:42:44 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
So here is the story so far with Odyssey. I'll try to keep it up to date as we go.

Parity

Probability Multiplier: +50%
Max. Run Modifier: +3
Mineral Efficiency Modifier: 1
Production Efficiency Modifier: -1

Go to work invention boffins....

More to come..

Is this ME a plus or minus?

for the end result being a 4 run -3/-5 ME -5 PE?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Sarmatiko
#83 - 2013-04-25 00:32:35 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
Is this ME a plus or minus?

Attribute value is positive.
mynnna
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-04-25 00:40:41 UTC
The real news is that +7 run/+2 ME one. Even at -10% invention chance, that's insanely good for certain things. Right now getting a big +run bonus also gets you -2 ME, so while you may get ten runs, you're building at ME-6, which is rather harsh.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-04-25 02:56:10 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
The Interior Design was the April Fools joke..... It will not be implemented.

Why put an april fools joke on a design board?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#86 - 2013-04-25 03:07:15 UTC
mynnna wrote:
The real news is that +7 run/+2 ME one. Even at -10% invention chance, that's insanely good for certain things. Right now getting a big +run bonus also gets you -2 ME, so while you may get ten runs, you're building at ME-6, which is rather harsh.

i am glad you are on the csm to understand the statement that was just made.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-04-25 07:46:06 UTC
mynnna wrote:

Thanks for the analysis. At least there will be something decent to find in the 'new' exploration sites apart from ice..
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2013-04-25 07:55:50 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
The Interior Design was the April Fools joke..... It will not be implemented.

Why put an april fools joke on a design board?
Uhm ... it's just one piece of paper!
The question isn't "why", it's "why not", because the design board simply supports the joke!
J'Ribs
Zepthanui
#89 - 2013-04-25 11:29:47 UTC
mynnna wrote:

All the decryptors have their uses. Even that -2me one.

But yeah, this is a great one. It may make some existing ones unused, depending on the drop rate. (And it's the drop rate and relation to T2 Salvage prices that will affect the decryptor price.)

Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#90 - 2013-04-25 13:53:34 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
Untextured new Apocalypse model for those interested

http://i.imgur.com/YP3iono.jpg

Despite the lack of texture and shaders, that looks pretty damn awesome Pirate
Nova Alar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-04-25 14:10:58 UTC
Are the changes to boosts happening in Odyssey? In particular the change to off grid boosting being taken away?
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#92 - 2013-04-25 14:21:23 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:
It also looks like we're getting redesigned Atron, Incursus, Apocalypse, Heron, Tristan and another something that's just off-screen near the Atron/Incursus.

http://i.imgur.com/q6eDl8B.jpg

"Interior design"
Meaning what? Does this refer to the models you see in the new station interiors, or something else?

There's also "colony ship" written on a sticky note.
Those "interior design" cards were just for the April Fool's Day video, since that shot of the board led into the "interior" of the Abaddon. You can see, too, that they are printed cards that are pasted over the (presumably) handwritten pink stickies behind them. The ship redesign printouts are seemingly unrelated to the interior design, and I'd say are very likely real. (CCP has expressed an interest in redesigning the Atron and Tristan (last years Fanfest 2012) as well as the Crucifier/Sentinel.) The colony ship, too, I'd say is likely real. I'm sure, based on the scrappy-looking, last minute budget of the video that they didn't expect people to go frame by frame eeking out information from the video. I think it's more likely they thought we'd all get a laugh at the "Orbital Cannon" drawing and the "interior" of the Abaddon.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#93 - 2013-04-25 14:33:42 UTC
Logan LaMort wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:
Untextured new Apocalypse model for those interested

http://i.imgur.com/YP3iono.jpg

Despite the lack of texture and shaders, that looks pretty damn awesome Pirate
Yeah, if this is accurate, it lost the "flimsy" look of the last one while retaining its overall shape and character. I can't wait to see what other new ships are on track for release!

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-04-25 14:58:51 UTC
I would like to think that I was one of the first ones to suggest that the announcement of all systems being exploreable suggests Jove opening.
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#95 - 2013-04-25 15:28:34 UTC
Berluth Luthian wrote:
I would like to think that I was one of the first ones to suggest that the announcement of all systems being exploreable suggests Jove opening.

Well done you. Your name is forever enshrined in this thread.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#96 - 2013-04-25 15:34:46 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Dersen Lowery wrote:
If it's real

It is not. http://eve-files.com/media/corp/Tamber/

It still surprise me how people can't differentiate between ingame screenshots and mockups made in external program (3dsMax, Slimdx viewer etc).

Maybe if I used any of those programs I'd know what to look for. Anyway, thanks for the catch. And damn you, Apricot Baby. ;-)

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#97 - 2013-04-25 16:30:18 UTC
Added Security status for new tags (confirmed at FanFest)
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#98 - 2013-04-25 16:41:02 UTC
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

explain... like do i have to exchange them in station for sec status?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#99 - 2013-04-25 16:48:26 UTC
Security status for tags? Huh. Alright. So-- odds are these'll be the equivalent of the existing Data Centers for existing factions, where you can trade in tags for faction standings.

A good way for pirates to rehabilitate.

Will this allow a player to go beyond 5.0 security status? ;)

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-04-25 16:48:44 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

explain... like do i have to exchange them in station for sec status?

There are 4 new NPC rats for each pirate faction. They will only spawn in low-sec asteroid belts. They each have a 100% chance to drop a new kind of tag. The tags will be sellable on the market.

You take the tag and some ISK to a CONCORD or DED station in Low Sec and they will turn it into Security Status for you.

Goons can hoard tags, burn Jita, then repair the security status hit. I like it.