These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

W-Space PVP Etiquette

Author
Hector Biggz
Douchingtons
#1 - 2013-04-24 00:04:32 UTC
Having recently moved from k-space to the unknown we found ourselves engaged in a little debate on corporation comms.

Is there a different level of courtesy extend to wormhole dwellers in PVP? This is a foreign concept to most of my squad as the vast majority of our PVP experience is from the grief stricken systems of low sec.

For example, in small gang skirmish PVP (yes I know many of you will say this doesn't exist) outside your own hole is there an established etiquette for pod killing and potentially assisting players should they get trapped ect.? My initial perspective is that unless there is a strategic reason to kill the pod of the unfortunate soul(s) who fell victim to your gang it would seem to me that it would it would be a very nice gesture to forgo spilling the pod juice and settle for some GFs in local.

This of course would all depend on the class and maturity of the parties involved and any EVE pilot that expects any courtesies to be extended would be foolhardy at best. The reality is douche bags will always spray douche regardless of the arena.

My encounters so far leave me optimistic but this view may self destruct without prior warning. I am interested in hearing the community's perspective.
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#2 - 2013-04-24 00:27:52 UTC
IMO, there is no etiquette, kill and get killed, that is all.

Regarding pod-killing and helping people people that get trapped, I usually do it for a ransom, but I always honor ransoms, not honoring ransoms is extremely douchey.
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-04-24 00:45:24 UTC
No real etiquette, but there's some interesting situations that come up.

Like getting a pilot stuck on the wrong side of a collapsed hole with no probes or way out. Then selling his ship to the guys you were just shooting at, and having them lead his pod out to k-space.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#4 - 2013-04-24 01:17:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
No etiquette as such but a good number will after the main fight is said and done help with probing a way out but not something you can rely on someone honouring.

However fake ransoming is usually looked poorly on within the w-space community - as its generally a lot more effort than in k-space to make your way back home after being podded and people not infrequently have fairly expensive pods they are more likely to pay up and pay a fair bit so people prefer they are honored so that people will pay up to get their pod safe.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-24 01:18:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
They main etiquette point is don't just POS up like a sissy. If someone goes to the trouble of parking a ship in your system where you can see it, they want to fight you and you should oblige.

There's nothing wrong with podding people.
Personally if I know someone is stuck after a fight and I'm not interested in spite camping them, I'll offer them a route out if I have one. It's no loss for me and not being an asshat to people in WHs tends to be a good thing.

You should also always honour your agreements. You don't have to make them, but if you do, honour them.
Dishonouring an arranged 1v1, for example, is standard in kspace. In WHs it is reasonably likely to get you evicted.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-04-24 01:39:32 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

You should also always honour your agreements.

Yeah this.

My corp might bullshit and scam you in K-space, but if we're in a hole and I tell you something I'm sticking to it. It's the one place in EvE where E-honour has a point and sort of matters.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Hamatitio
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#7 - 2013-04-24 01:40:55 UTC
There have been some instances where our pods were given routes out, and a few weeks later, we gave the same guys some routes out when they got stuck.

Karma, pod killing has its place, and absolutely if i can pod you during a fight I will. But after the fight has settled down and you are safed up, things are different ;).
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#8 - 2013-04-24 01:47:52 UTC
Two things. Honor your word. Dont talk in local other than to aks for help or smack for a fight. But for those two options, private convos works better. Keep local clear.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Omen Nihilo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-04-24 03:38:33 UTC
Disregard other posts. Troll for fights.
Sushi Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-04-24 05:01:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Sushi Nardieu
just pos up whenever you can like the rest of W-space. That's what I do.

When you invade someone, you should call for help from a minimum of 5 other alliances.

Most importantly, you shouldn't make them blue because you can pretend to be enemies and shoot each other another week so it looks like you're a solo wormhole corp.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-04-24 05:23:58 UTC
We fought No Holes Barred not long ago, and had a lot of respect for their pilots due to the way that they fought*. So when one of their members, who had to warp out of the fight, asked to leave the system and return to their fleet we let him and without asking for a ransom. Any other time we would have probed the guy out and sent him on the POD express back to K space.

*Balls deep, no fear, bad ass mofos who were committed to the fight...

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Nix Anteris
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#12 - 2013-04-24 05:38:57 UTC
Hector Biggz wrote:
established etiquette for pod killing and potentially assisting players should they get trapped ect.?

Yes, the well established and time honoured tradition of w-space PvP is to pod kill your enemy as fast as possible, so they do not accidentally get trapped.

Hector Biggz wrote:
unless there is a strategic reason to kill the pod of the unfortunate soul(s)

The strategic reason is that the fabled Odyssey wormhole stabilisers are fuelled by pod juice and pilot tears.

W-space is supposed to be harsh. Any opponent worth their salt will have measures in place to get back to their system if they get podded out. If they don't, then you did them a favour.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-04-24 06:10:54 UTC
as you can see, there is no established etiquette and even if there was, there would always be THAT GUY...

that said, personally, i would spare a decent opponent the hassle of buying a new clone and implants and flying across half of eve to get back home. if the gf was indeed that, a good fight, you may as well show your opponent some good will. of course, this does not apply to the carebear in a faction fit drake who came to farm ribbons.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Efraya
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#14 - 2013-04-24 08:22:41 UTC
Generally if you have a large engagement and completely ROFL stomp your opponents/they collapse themselves in w/e you tend to say GF, let me help you out of my system.

We've had it done to ourselves and we have done it to others. Whether that applies in the lower classes or not is a matter for debate.

[b][center]WSpace; Dead space.[/center] [center]Lady Spank for forum mod[/center][/b]

sembur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-04-24 09:01:37 UTC
Nix Anteris wrote:
Hector Biggz wrote:
established etiquette for pod killing and potentially assisting players should they get trapped ect.?

Yes, the well established and time honoured tradition of w-space PvP is to pod kill your enemy as fast as possible, so they do not accidentally get trapped.

Confirming that Bitten. play wspace correctly.
Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#16 - 2013-04-24 09:07:10 UTC
Generally speaking, fight when you are capable. You are going to get ass-hats who want you to fight even though they outnumber you 2:1 with ship quality being a non-factor (i.e. both fleets are T3). Don't worry about it. It happens.

Never trash-talk. That's grounds to get evicted by corps that are bored enough or have the people around to do it. Even if you have a mega death-star, they can always drop a tower somewhere in your system and just make your life a living hell.

If I don't kill a pod on the field, and we don't have a bubbler handy to interdict him somewhere, I tend to just let them know in private convo or local that we will let them past. Sometimes I'll let pods from corps with null-sec statics go as well, because I know it is just god awful to get back in there.

TLDR:
1) Don't POS up unless they're being completely unreasonable (I.E. 2:1 odds, etc.)
2) Don't Trash Talk
3) Do honor your agreements; try not to be an uber douche.

There are groups out there that get off on making your life hard. Don't let it get to you. For every one of them there's at least one of us out here who actually play the game for fun and aren't sociopaths.

Svo.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#17 - 2013-04-24 09:34:51 UTC
**** agreed fights

Rex Aparte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-04-24 10:58:02 UTC
Always GF, especially if you're the one that got killed. I've helped many people I've just killed because I got a GF afterwards. You don't GF me, all bets are off.
Zara Arran
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#19 - 2013-04-24 12:04:46 UTC
Don't forget:

- If you want to evict groups, you have to ask permission of the council of honourable WH overlords on these forums of course....
- You aren't allowed to have low numbers -> always fight (don't POS up)

Other than that, you can do whateeeeever you want in W-space....
Flandre Scarlette
Slugcat Hive Intelligence
United Caldari Space Command.
#20 - 2013-04-24 12:40:30 UTC
Rex Aparte wrote:
Always GF, especially if you're the one that got killed. I've helped many people I've just killed because I got a GF afterwards. You don't GF me, all bets are off.

Confirming this. If you GF us, even if we just ganked your ratting ship, there's absolutely no hard feelings for us and we're liable to let you go. If we kill your hauler or drake and you don't gf and try to bring a numerically superior (3:1) gang with logi and recon support just cause we killed your 2m wreathe, we got issues.

Hell, i remember the time when we killed someone who was a 2 week old char mining for his first time in a wh and didn't bm his exit. We popped him, then led him out and payed for his venture, just because he was ballsy for going into a WH in his first month of eve.

WH space and WH corps do have unspoken etiquette, and of course there's going to be people who are complete douche's about it, but for the most part, we're just the little guys looking for a bit of fun away from the bloc alliances of null or the ass-hattery of low/high. Just remember kindergarten : treat others how you want to be treated. \o/

...for god's sake, don't call for an eviction if we killed a single 2m hauler. ;~;
123Next pageLast page