These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What do I need to fly?

Author
Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#1 - 2013-04-22 06:09:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Throktar
If I wanted to join a wormhole corp someday, is having a t3 cruiser mandatory? If it is, would you fly a Proteus or a Legion? I have all the skills to train either and fly them with near perfection using guns. Can these ships survive in anything above a c4?

I also can train either race in Dreads, once again which do you think is currently more useful, the Moros or the Revelation?

Edit: Not that I have any plans of flying a dread anytime soon simply because I lack experience, I am just curious on that one.
Garresh
Mackies Raiders
Wild Geese.
#2 - 2013-04-22 06:18:54 UTC
I used to hang out in the lower classes so take what I say with a grain of salt. You can solo up to C3 with any of the T3 ships, and some battleships(tracking will be a factor), but unless you're using extremely odd tactics and some faction mods, C3 is about the hard limit for solo. C1 and C2 put out anywhere from 200-400 dps omni. Class 3 about doubles this with higher end sites almost putting out 800 dps across all 4 resistances. Any w-space operation you fly with from class 4 down is a case by case basis. Some run shields, some run armor. Tengus were popular for a long time, but it really depends on the individual corporation.

In higher ends, last I heard was they were running primarily armor fleets, with lots of spider rep(obviously). But if you really wanna gather intel, just grab a covops and go watch people run anoms in high class systems, or ask some corp diplos for someone you're trying to join.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#3 - 2013-04-22 06:26:06 UTC
Great advice, thank you. I never thought about cloaking up and just watching others run those. I will have to do that right away.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-04-22 06:59:53 UTC
The safest bet is Loki since its great for high end WH PVE and PVP.
basically Loki + Proteus covers you for everything armour T3 wise.
Stay away from the Legion, it's junk.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Sum Olgy
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-22 07:33:58 UTC
If you're serious about living in a wormhole think further than one particular type of ship and think about what's actually needed day to day.

Things like if you can't scan you're not much use to anyone. Can you salvage/hack/analyse? Do you have a hauler? Dics and Hics are useful too. Logi is always wanted as are neuts and the ever present threat of jammers. No one likes a Falcon on grid....

So, in essence, you don't need a T3 to be useful and enjoy yourself.
Sushi Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-04-22 07:44:24 UTC
bring a drake

The Guns of Knowledge 

Slaveofjita
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-04-22 08:42:05 UTC
Ask your corp, if you don't have one/aren't looking at one already then check all recruitment posts from corps that live in wormholes and see for yourself. a lot of the c5/c6 corp have what seem to be mandatory t3 and dread skills.

But just ask your corp.
Archdaimon
Merchants of the Golden Goose
#8 - 2013-04-22 10:07:24 UTC
Ask your corp.

Wormholes have the best accoustics. It's known. - Sing it for me -

Euthanasia Anneto
Embers Children
#9 - 2013-04-22 10:36:25 UTC
Sum Olgy wrote:

So, in essence, you don't need a T3 to be useful and enjoy yourself.

Indeed, there are several nice T1/T2 ships who can deliver nice results and when shot down, it's still a third to a quarter compared to a T3 ship.

.EC.. of [TOHA], Industrialists with guns. We're overe there, some where and no where... Contacting go through ingame convo's .EC.. and [TOHA] are recruiting, get in contact with us

Commander Thrawn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-04-22 16:40:52 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

Oops
QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2013-04-22 20:37:24 UTC
Fly Everything, just to be safe.
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-04-22 21:50:25 UTC
Ask your corp bud. It really does depends on what class WH you end up going into and what ships the corp you join flies.

Me personally I follow what McWhiskers said & I have like 30+ ships where I live. I chop and change between them depending what's needed.

Good Luck!

Sith

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Dr Agropoly
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-04-23 07:53:15 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

You sir are wrongly accusing a perfectly capable and on top of thet golden ship of false things, Bob will not be pleased since he likes his ships shiny. Legions can fit in both pvp and pve roles and do a damn good job in those roles.
Lenier Chenal
Offensive Upholder
#14 - 2013-04-23 13:12:51 UTC
Rattlesnakes with 3 faction omnis, bouncers, gardes, light drones, 1 cap transfer and 2 shield RR in the hi slots. I'm not kidding. You can do most sites with 2 of these, all of them with 3.
Dr Agropoly
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-04-23 13:48:30 UTC
Lenier Chenal wrote:
Rattlesnakes with 3 faction omnis, bouncers, gardes, light drones, 1 cap transfer and 2 shield RR in the hi slots. I'm not kidding. You can do most sites with 2 of these, all of them with 3.

Also make sure you officer fit them and don't worry about pickets or d-scan, if you see me warping into the site while you are running it do not fear, I have just come to help you shoot those nasty sleepers.
Lenier Chenal
Offensive Upholder
#16 - 2013-04-23 14:32:09 UTC
Dr Agropoly wrote:
Lenier Chenal wrote:

Also make sure you officer fit them and don't worry about pickets or d-scan, if you see me warping into the site while you are running it do not fear, I have just come to help you shoot those nasty sleepers.

Rattles fit like that are on par with rr tengu prices, you don't lose SP when you die, and you do the sites faster.
Dr Agropoly
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-04-23 14:49:51 UTC
Lenier Chenal wrote:
Dr Agropoly wrote:
Lenier Chenal wrote:

Rattles fit like that are on par with rr tengu prices, you don't lose SP when you die, and you do the sites faster.

True, only advantage of the Tengu in that case is gtfo ability and mass constriction. Some might say it is easier not handling with drone agro but imo missiles are so unbelievably boring so I wouldn't call that an advantage. When it comes to ganks though people running faction ships tend to also fit them with faction mods that make isk signs roll in my eye socket whenever I see one on scan.

Never actually flew one of these and probably never will because all I do is ninja **** and cap escals so it's not really relevant in my world but I can clearly see the advantage of it.
Agatir Solenth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#18 - 2013-04-23 15:56:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Agatir Solenth
Yes you need to fly T3s. Either the Legion or Proteus are fine for an armor corp/alliance. You'll want to be able to cloak & be proficient at scanning for sigs.

Either the Rev or Moros with Siege II will work, but currently the Moros is preferred.
Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#19 - 2013-04-23 21:25:51 UTC
Thank you all for the great advice!
Joshua Lorne
The Night Crew
#20 - 2013-04-24 01:49:15 UTC
Honestly, the best advice is to join public/recruitment channels for worm hole corps you're interested in joining, and find out what they're requirements are and work towards that. Corps will differ from each other in what they expect from recruits. Find the corp first and train their corp skill requirements.
12Next page