These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Orgrimmar is closed for the weekend

First post
Author
Clone Ten
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-04-21 18:08:49 UTC
Attention players:

The alliance has invaded Orgrimmar. Since this is a COMPLETELY unanticipated occurrence, we have decided to close Orgrimmar for the weekend.
We realize that many of you can only play on the weekends, so you should try getting a different job or otherwise changing your lifestyle to work around our bottleneck issues. You may also try logging in and playing very late at night when normal people should be asleep.
Please understand that this isn't our fault. There are simply too many people trying to enjoy this game at the same time.
Yes, we have been trying to boost our number of subscribers, but we didn't change our underlying systems because we didn't think it would actually work. So stop spreading good word-of-mouth about this game. You only have yourselves to blame for these issues.

-Blizzard
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2013-04-21 18:10:31 UTC
Clone Ten wrote:
There are simply too many people trying to enjoy this game at the same time.

So how do explain all the dead realms?
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#3 - 2013-04-21 18:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Hobb
ITT random NPC corp alt Is mad about Burn Jita and failed at irony.

E: Wait, I can't make heads or tails of this, are we talking about WoW?

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-04-21 18:17:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Riot Girl wrote:
Clone Ten wrote:
There are simply too many people trying to enjoy this game at the same time.

So how do explain all the dead realms?

Different areas of the world, migration from dying servers or new players coming in. Migraters want to avoid the same fate at all costs and new players want to ensure they'll have others to play with, so they go for the most populated servers. It's pretty common to see a flood of players to top servers when you got dying servers. Sort of like rats desperately trying to swarm to the last dry place on the sinking ship.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#5 - 2013-04-21 18:19:12 UTC
Good thing Amarr is basically just around the corner.
stoicfaux
#6 - 2013-04-21 18:23:36 UTC
Bleep. Where else am I going to see undead chicks /dance-ing?

I guess a pasty white true blood Amarr (disgraced) noble female will have to tide me over.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#7 - 2013-04-21 18:24:13 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Sort of like rats desperately trying to swarm to the last dry place on the sinking ship.

And paying extortionate prices for the privilege.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-04-21 18:35:40 UTC
What the **** is this about ?

This isn't even funny. WoW could never have an event of such magnitude anyway
and the kind of people that play that game have no relevancy whatsoever anyway.
Klymer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-04-21 18:37:54 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Bleep. Where else am I going to see undead chicks /dance-ing?

I guess a pasty white true blood Amarr (disgraced) noble female will have to tide me over.

Why you think we enslaved the Minmatar?
Tank Talbot
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-04-21 18:46:52 UTC
Clone Ten wrote:
Attention players:

The alliance has invaded Orgrimmar. Since this is a COMPLETELY unanticipated occurrence, we have decided to close Orgrimmar for the weekend.
We realize that many of you can only play on the weekends, so you should try getting a different job or otherwise changing your lifestyle to work around our bottleneck issues. You may also try logging in and playing very late at night when normal people should be asleep.
Please understand that this isn't our fault. There are simply too many people trying to enjoy this game at the same time.
Yes, we have been trying to boost our number of subscribers, but we didn't change our underlying systems because we didn't think it would actually work. So stop spreading good word-of-mouth about this game. You only have yourselves to blame for these issues.

-Blizzard

The problem here is that good sarcasm is focused toward a single hard hitting point rather than confusing itself and thus most readers by attempting to strike multiple issues just lightly in a single go. So, you are angry that you are unable to log into Jita either due to population cap or fear of destruction and it is hurting you more due to limited play time. I gather you are angry at CCP for letting the situation develop without intervention and feel they should have done something. You are indicating you are annoyed enough to quit and think other players will be too.

I symapthize with you to a degree in that games are played for fun. EVE is a sandbox that lets people play as they want and some of them are going to want to kick down your sand castles if for no other reason than that they are ugly and they can. It's not a static environment though. So Jita is closed to you? Try Amarr, Dodixie, Rens, or Hek for a weekend. There are a lot of unmentioned trade hubs that are popular and some are near Jita. Adapt and find new ways to have fun as it's a big universe. Otherwise, throwing up your hands, getting mad, and just quitting is a win for the Goons. You give them exactly the wall of tears that they want.
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#11 - 2013-04-21 19:01:40 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

Relevancy.

Laughing Out Loud.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#12 - 2013-04-21 19:04:01 UTC
-∞/10
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-04-21 19:08:27 UTC
Clone Ten wrote:
Attention players:

-Blizzard

Can I have you stuff? Actually, its probably all been ganked in Jita so nevermind.

Exit to pink ponies online is this way >>>> Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-04-21 19:10:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rebecha Pucontis
Solstice Project wrote:

The post bears all the hallmarks of an angry carebear who was ganked in Jita.

Quite amusing that people still come to eve a massively multiplayer online RPG, and then cry when they actually have to play with other people.

I think if we built a shard soley for the exclusive use of the OP then that is the only way they would be happy.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-04-21 19:11:33 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Relevancy.

Laughing Out Loud.
Now i had to look up if "relevancy" really is a word. xD
Blake Gates Heleneto
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-04-21 19:13:38 UTC
lol boohoo
ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#17 - 2013-04-21 19:31:28 UTC
Post locked.