These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
First pagePrevious page8910

A letter to CCP - Please proof read and make any suggestions

First post
Author
Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#181 - 2013-04-20 15:09:33 UTC
Beaver Retriever wrote:
Shingorash wrote:
Compared to high sec, there is not much.

That's a result of the arbitrary limitation on stations in nullsec, the low cost of manufacturing slots and the low risk of research POSes in hisec.

You don't seem to realize that much of this 'hisec industry' is done by nullsec alts that are min-maxing. If game mechanics were changed such that they actually made sense, that is to say, if the endless safety and cheap manufacturing of hisec was nerfed, and the opportunities in null were buffed, this nonsensical industry arrangement would disappear overnight.

Not for or against much of anything these days but I can not help reading this and thinking "Get rid of low/null sec and make it all high sec and then all your problems are gone! You are all on a level playing field and the only tears would be low life griefers grieving over the time they wasted of thier lives griefing for others tears while shedding tears"...:P
Tetsuo Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#182 - 2013-04-20 15:12:01 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
"I refuse to read news sites"

"I fly my entire worth in one ship on autopilot while eating dinner, in a PvP game and can't believe anything bad could happen"
dark heartt
#183 - 2013-04-20 15:15:05 UTC  |  Edited by: dark heartt
Freggan wrote:

Not for or against much of anything these days but I can not help reading this and thinking "Get rid of low/null sec and make it all high sec and then all your problems are gone! You are all on a level playing field and the only tears would be low life griefers grieving over the time they wasted of thier lives griefing for others tears while shedding tears"...:P

Or you could go the other way and remove high/low and have the whole game as one big space empire fighting game. The truth is that all areas of the game have their uses, and removing one of them would be a bad idea.

Edit: In other news, this thread is probably going to be locked soon. This will be a sad thing, as I would love to wake up to another 10 pages of telling the OP he is bad and should feel bad.
Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-04-20 15:19:23 UTC
dark heartt wrote:
Freggan wrote:

Or you could go the other way and remove high/low and have the whole game as one big space empire fighting game. The truth is that all areas of the game have their uses, and removing one of them would be a bad idea.

Nope I refuse to read and understand your logic....aarrggg...logic hitting me square in the head....

Some of us get it obviously and I appreciate seeing someone else with a down to earth mentality, I will point out I was being sarcastic in my earlier post thought, just incase.
Jacque Custeau
Knights of the Minmatar Republic
#185 - 2013-04-20 15:19:24 UTC
Beaver Retriever wrote:
Hahahahaha hisec aggression has received nerf, after nerf, after nerf

and it's still not enough for you. It won't be enough until hisec is completely free of non-consensual pvp for you people. Which, of course, would literally break the game because with all assets being indestructible the market would cease to have a purpose, much like in WoW.

War decs are non-consensual. Under a war dec, one party can pre-empt another if it feels threatened, you dont have to wait idly by until the attacking party fires first.

Nerf after Nerf? Gankers got Tier 3 Battlecruisers! You get the dps of a tier3 battleship for a fraction of cost and the scan resolution of a cruiser. Gankers like to moan about risk vs reward, and cry nerf all the time, but the fact is pulling off a suicide gank today has never been cheaper! It used to take torp raven fleets to suicide kill a freighter, today its talos and catalyst galor.

Suicide ganking is not the key to the market, the market was fine when suicide ganking was a rare occurrence.
Abulurd Boniface
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2013-04-20 15:25:38 UTC
You find the game boring to the point of maybe quitting.

Then life is being made interesting and you find the deeper layer of EVE where you are presented with content that is an actual challenge.

-Then- you decide to actually quit.

When your interest should be peaked.

I totally see the logic behind that one.
Axe Coldon
#187 - 2013-04-20 15:32:56 UTC
Dear OP,

Really? You have been playing since 2006 and you haven't learned not to AP a JF in high sec? Where were you when they buffed the subcaps to the point that makes ganking a freighter easy and cheap? Sounds like you haven't learned much over the years. Never ever AP with anything of value in your cargo hold and never ever AP a valuable ship.

Oh and if you had got in Jita, you just would have died on the other side of the gate. CCP is not at fault here.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

St0n3r0d1um
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#188 - 2013-04-20 15:34:14 UTC
Please, can someone lock this thread Cry i'm a good goon and i find it offensive to my community.

We are good people Blink
JiZzLoObber
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2013-04-20 15:34:37 UTC

Pirate

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

ha

Blink
St0n3r0d1um
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#190 - 2013-04-20 15:36:56 UTC
JiZzLoObber wrote:

Pirate

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

ha

Blink

not empty quoting
Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#191 - 2013-04-20 15:37:41 UTC
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad our Burn Jita event was kept so well on the hush these past few weeks, no one ever saw it coming.

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#192 - 2013-04-20 15:39:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Thread locked for cleanup and moving.

Ed: on second thought, thread permanently locked as per the following rules, and as per the thread going places.

Quote:

22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

32. "Quitting" posts are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience channel.

CCP recognize that during the course of gameplay a lot of friendships are made between players and that sometimes if a player is taking a break or departing from the EVE universe that they would like to say goodbye on the forums. Posts of this nature are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience forum, and must be civil and well worded.

Also I have deleted one post, as posting after the lock is not allowed.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

First pagePrevious page8910