These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Deleted

Author
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#1 - 2013-04-18 10:04:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
Sadly between work and a new relationship I'm too busy IRL to make this happen. The idea remains, feel free to steal it and make it your own.

------------------------------------------------------------------Original Post Follows---------------------------------------------------------

The only difference between an enemy and a friend is that you knife your enemies in the front.

It is my great honor to announce the inaugural AWOXalypse - a highsec-wide celebration of carnage, backstabbing, betrayal, blowing up ships and everything that makes EVE fun.

By popular request, this event has been postponed until Odyssey hits. This will allow the addition of an "AWOX kill as many Gnosis battlecruisers as possible" prize. It will take place for the first three weeks after Odyssey hits.

The rules are simple. Join corporations, meet new people, and blow up their ships.

In the spirit of other EVE events like Hulkageddon, there'll be prizes for various achievements. Everyone that participates in the contest is entitled to a medal on a character of their choice (they'll need to move them into the AWOXalypse corporation briefly to claim it, and you can claim a medal earned by one character on a different character if you wish).

Except a couple, all of these prizes are for killing corpmates via legal highsec combat, ideally in corporations that you only joined for the purpose of AWOXing them. You can do this on your main or an AWOXalypse-only alt.

Prizes:

I'll personally put up a billion or so ISK in prizes, but more will be funded by the AWOXalypse share float and the AWOXalypse white list.

Prizes will be awarded for various achievements. Remember, all of these involve Crimewatch-legal combat with members of your own corporation.

"Gentleman Pirate" - Awarded for the biggest ransom honored by an AWOXer. API with chatlogs and wallet required to claim it. Prize: 300m ISK

"Dodgy Bastard" - Biggest ransom dishonored. API with wallet (for evidence of ransom payment) and a killmail with the killing blow occuring within 600 seconds of you receiving your ransom.

"All beauty must die" - Most expensive ship destroyed. API verified killmail on any killboard.

"Fool me twice, shame on me" - Most expensive ship destroyed in an AWOX incident by an account that has previously AWOXed the same corporation. (Must be the same account and API verified).

"Addicted to podgoo" - Awarded to the character (not player) that podkills the most corpmates in one corporation

"Out of Its Misery" - Awarded for the destruction of a spectacular failfit. Killing a Hyperion with medium lasers, a passive shield tank, cargo rigs and an active armor tank might get you this one.

"Unholy Trinity" - Awarded for AWOX killing a Strategic Cruiser, a pirate faction battleship, and an Orca within the shortest timeframe. Prize: 300m ISK

"Avoiding the Limelight" - Awarded for assisting with the most AWOXes as neutral logistics. Prize: An Oneiros hull, located in highsec.

"With enemies like these" - Leave a corp that is involved in a war. Before the war expires, inflitrate the other party of the war and inflict as much damage as possible.

"Who needs skillpoints?" - Awarded for inflicting 200m in damages and/or securing a 200m ransom on a character with under 250k skillpoints. Gold medal version awarded for inflicting 2b damage and/or securing a 1b ransom.

"The Dark Knight" - Awarded for the biggest kill of an AWOXalypse corporation member by another AWOXalypse corporation member.

"Dodgy Logi" - Most expensive corpmate solo kill carried out in a logistics hull (t1 frigate, t1 cruiser or t2 cruiser). Prize: An Oneiros hull, located in highsec.

"Industrial Homicide" - Reverse AWOX award. Awarded to the CEO that kills the most corpmates in their own corporation (most podkills of unique characters in the same corp).

"A wolf among sheep" - Highest number of exhumer corpmate solo kills carried out in mining barge, exhumer, or capital industrial ship. Orca kills count as three exhumer kills. Battle Skiff operational!

"Police Brutality" - Awarded for the most spectacular ship loss inflicted by CONCORD against a corpmate that you have caused. (Example: Getting the mark to attack your neutral logi with their fully faction fit Navythron).

"You let WHO in your corp?" - Awarded to the successful AWOXer with the most over-the-top dodgy name as judged by me. iPod Blues, Back Stabber, or whatever.

"There are no stupid recruitment policies, only stupid people" - Awarded for AWOXing a corporation, leaving corp, then rejoining
it on the same character and doing it again.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Sabriz Adoudel
#2 - 2013-04-18 10:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
The AWOXalypse white list:

Want to protect your happy mission running corporation from pirate infiltration? Want to sponsor AWOXalypse? The white list is for you.

Corporations may pay to join the AWOXalypse white list. The membership fee is 500m ISK for corporations with 25 or more members, and 20m ISK per member for smaller outfits. You can send your payment to me, or to the AWOXalypse corporation.

Any corp-on-corp kills scored during AWOXalypse against whitelist corporations will not be considered for prizes.

Processing a whitelist application may take up to 36 hours. Your corporation will receive an EVEmail when you are actually on it.

Benefits of whitelist membership:

- You will not be an appealing target for AWOXers during this event.
- You can ask the AWOXalypse team for advice to keep out other AWOXers that are not part of the event.
- If you compete for resources with other corporations, you can mine/mission/whatever in relative safety while AWOXalypse inflicts carnage upon your rivals. Who knows, you might even be able to drive them out of a lucrative belt, or get AWOXalypse folks to help you remove a pesky POS your rivals have up.
- More carnage in highsec means more ships blown up, which to the cunning industrialist means lucrative opportunities to sell ships, modules and other items to those that have been AWOXed.
- Your payment will go toward increasing prizes, making the event more entertaining and generating more opportunities for chaos. Where there's chaos, there's cash.

The AWOXalypse share drive:

Want to sponsor AWOXalypse?
You can purchase shares in the event for one million ISK (payable to this character, or to the AWOXalypse corporation).
Your share purchase will fund the following:
- Major Prizes
- Medals
- Spot Prizes
- A fleet for an end of AWOXalypse roam
- If share purchases are large enough to warrant it, a random shareholder will receive a full set of pirate faction battleships (one of each type).
- The AWOXalypse share IPO is listed here: forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=226618

Sabriz Adoudel
#3 - 2013-04-18 10:05:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
How to enter:

All you need to do is join a corporation, earn their trust, and abuse that trust to blow up shiny, expensive ships in legal highsec combat.

You are welcome to use neutral logistics, as this is legal under Crimewatch rules. (If A and B belong to the same corporation and C does not, A and B can legally shoot each other and C can legally provide remote assistance to A, and if B retalliates against C, this violence is illegal and will result in CONCORDOOKEN. If C was your alt all along...)

If you wish to claim a prize, post evidence in this thread. I will conduct whatever verification methods I feel are necessary, then award the prizes at the end of the event. My decisions are final.

In order to claim a participation medal, you will need to contact me from the character that has earned the medal with the name of the character that wants the medal. Then, have the character claiming the medal apply to join the AWOXalypse corporation, receive your medal, and then you are free to leave the corporation (or stay in it if you want to AWOX the AWOXers).

An additional tip: Create an overview tab called 'Shooting Blues' specifically for this event. It will come in handy.

Finally, if you want tips, Psychotic Monk has a lot of great ones at his website, www.belligerentundesirables.com, which is a great read.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-04-18 10:12:12 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

There we go Roll
Also, great shirt!
Sabriz Adoudel
#5 - 2013-04-18 10:24:49 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

There we go Roll
Also, great shirt!

Sadly I'm not spacerich enough to fund this event myself. The whitelist is intended as a way for people that don't participate in the event to profit from AWOXalypse's impact on their rivals and as a way to fund prizes.

I in no way will punish AWOXing whitelist targets, those kills will just not be eligible for prizes.

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-04-18 10:25:29 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

- a highsec-wide celebration of....
Clubbing baby seals (Carebears) has its place, but the day you decide to club the Kodiak Bears ( major alliances) it will get interesting, as for now... lame.

Killtime
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-04-18 10:40:08 UTC
Sounds like fun, I should probably get my alt resubbed and get in on this
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-04-18 10:57:53 UTC
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Clubbing baby seals (Carebears) has its place, but the day you decide to club the Kodiak Bears ( major alliances) it will get interesting, as for now... lame.

Why would this be limited to hisec anyway? Original awoxing was defined as tackling blue nulsec (bot) ratters since it is pretty much the only way to kill them iirc.
Sabriz Adoudel
#9 - 2013-04-18 11:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
Ra Jackson wrote:
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Why would this be limited to hisec anyway? Original awoxing was defined as tackling blue nulsec (bot) ratters since it is pretty much the only way to kill them iirc.

Yeah that's the history (a player named AWOX was famous for tackling blues then calling in heavy support for the killing blows), and the term 'Safari' was coined to refer to joining corps to kill their members for fun and/or profit.

The two terms are now used interchangably.

I'm starting AWOXalypse in highsec as AWOXing in nullsec or wormholes generally takes a lot more preparation, and so is less suited to a short duration competition. Lowsec doesn't usually have much to AWOX either.

But by all means, if you can podkill a botting Vindicator pilot in nullsec by posing as a blue, please do, and you can earn a special prize for it.

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-04-18 11:08:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Bi-Mi Lansatha
Ra Jackson wrote:

The OP said they wanted to organize it that way.

So a small group of carebears get awox... who will remember in a year... six months... hell even a month. Now if the Goons lost a hand full of Titans... how long would that be remembered.

THE NEW ORDER is already doing this to Carebears... same thing different day.
Nys'skele Musana
GABOS II
#11 - 2013-04-18 11:29:36 UTC
Carebears beware bears
Fret Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-04-18 11:46:00 UTC
To many people with variously colored lists lately. P

On the other hand posting the names of various hi sec greifers is a handy tool for hi sec carebear corps.
Sabriz Adoudel
#13 - 2013-04-18 11:49:17 UTC
Fret Thiesant wrote:

On the other hand posting the names of various hi sec greifers is a handy tool for hi sec carebear corps.

It's a whitelist for a reason.

You do not ever want to be blue to an AWOXer :)

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-04-18 12:04:34 UTC
Fret Thiesant wrote:

I'd rather be interested in the white list as an overview of risk averse hisec dwellers P
iPod Blues
#15 - 2013-04-18 12:05:37 UTC
Would YOU accept me in your corporation?

If so, the AWOXalypse whitelist is for YOU.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#16 - 2013-04-18 12:44:23 UTC
So if RvB had a giant free for all event.during that time period, we could win all the prizes without any grief? Sweet! We'll have to harass our leadership about that.
Ermahgerd SpershSherps
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-04-18 15:17:48 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
So if RvB had a giant free for all event.during that time period, we could win all the prizes without any grief? Sweet! We'll have to harass our leadership about that.

Nice, prizes for what we do everyday!
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#18 - 2013-04-18 16:19:19 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Any corp-on-corp kills scored during AWOXalypse against whitelist corporations will not be considered for prizes.

Except, of course, the tears. The tears in such a situation would be a fine prize.
Killtime
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-04-18 21:07:02 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:

The whole purpose of this is to cause grief, so I doubt it
Sabriz Adoudel
#20 - 2013-04-19 00:02:06 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:

I do reserve the right to disallow prizes to things that totally violate the spirit of the event.

Which is basically to drive an increase in chaos and ship/pod destruction in highsec, to teach more players about the finer elements of Crimewatch, and most of all to teach players the need for operational security.

123Next page