These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

I don't want high security Care Bears in my null security space.

Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#41 - 2013-04-17 13:16:38 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello,

I was greatly disturbed to read a news clip that some players want mission agents to wander around a space. This we don't want. There is a foulness to players who follow these agents and that is not good. Do not listen to terrible thoughts of player Marlona Sky. These are bad and our kind do not want high sec players in local. Not welcome and hurts the ISK generation.

NIMBYs in space wow hahaha
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2013-04-17 13:42:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Murk Paradox
Marlona Sky wrote:
Ben Yahtzee Croshaw wrote:
For those of us who don't speak Derp; what is he on about?

Most likely mad about this article I wrote HERE. I don't see what the rage is about. I mean if your a human and at the keyboard it shouldn't be an issue... Blink

Beyond the fact those that control large amounts of unused (unwanted?) space, the Agents would flock there and although in theory it might direct traffic to those unused systems... I think the agents would just get parked there creating a trap.

It would be emergent gameplay and awesome for that, however, I don't think that would encourage the solution you wrote about (different argument I suppose).

I do like the idea of it being dynamic however. Just sadly, too many forces have space that goes unused because other people can't be bothered to take it.

If we had more people or smaller alliances/coalitions controlling even the unwanted swathes of systems, this could in theory work. As it is, since we have not enough players and too many pilots (alternate roles) I don't think the forces controlling the space would rotate those agents fast enough.

The byproduct, would defo encourage conflict however as noone wants to see Test space have 60% of all the agents in their unused pipelines (no offense Test). Whereas this would be an awesome argument for encouraging pvp/population in null, it wouldn't help the economy.

Atleast, that's the Devil's Advocate I'm seeing.

Considering that Agents work for the Empire, and null is decidedly not Empire... the game mechanic wouldn't fir the storyline. But maybe having some agents turn "pirate" or introduce some sort of agent generation for sov would be better.

Or keep it to low and not null.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2013-04-17 14:14:54 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello,
I don't want high security Care Bears in my null security space.

Too bad. This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.

DMC

Your donation of food to the Feed The Trolls Fund has been received and we appreciate your kindness.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2013-04-17 14:17:41 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
Whoa, wait a sec. You don't want carebears, who by very definition are players that don't leave highsec, .....

That is not the definition of a carebear. There are carebear pirates, carebear gankers, and carebear nullseccers. Carebears avoid risk, not nullsec.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-04-17 17:47:40 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Xen Solarus wrote:
Whoa, wait a sec. You don't want carebears, who by very definition are players that don't leave highsec, .....

That is not the definition of a carebear. There are carebear pirates, carebear gankers, and carebear nullseccers. Carebears avoid risk, not nullsec.

Should be a care bear diagram out there listing all the variations.
Din Chao
#46 - 2013-04-17 18:11:26 UTC
I, for one, would like to encourage hi sec missioners to join us in HED-GP. Big smile
Hero Giggles
Doomheim
#47 - 2013-04-17 19:21:28 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello

I was greatly disturbed to read a news clip that some players want mission agents to wander around a space. This we don't want. There is a foulness to players who follow these agents and that is not good. Do not listen to terrible thoughts of player Marlona Sky. These are bad and our kind do not want high sec players in local. Not welcome and hurts the ISK generation.

I agree with you. Nullbears should be content with their boring low risk - high reward passive income while the rest of us have fun.

On a side-note, you nullbears need to keep your alts out of The Sovereign's high/low sec systems...

Capiche?

The battle we are joining now is unlike anything you have seen before. Prepare yourself

Melvin Earl
Doomheim
#48 - 2013-04-17 19:31:49 UTC
Hero Giggles wrote:
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello

I agree with you. Nullbears should be content with their boring low risk - high reward passive income while the rest of us have fun.

On a side-note, you nullbears need to keep your alts out of The Sovereign's high/low sec systems...

Capiche?

Hello,

We are in charge of that space as well. Null orders to low and high security space. It is how it works. You also are commanded by our kinds CSM.

Thanks in advance.
Hero Giggles
Doomheim
#49 - 2013-04-17 19:49:36 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hero Giggles wrote:
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello

Capiche?

Hello,

We are in charge of that space as well. Null orders to low and high security space. It is how it works. You also are commanded by our kinds CSM.

Thanks in advance.

What a catch! Hook line AND sinker!!! Twisted

That's right... we pay you nullbears to bring us what we need to have fun

Now get back to work

The battle we are joining now is unlike anything you have seen before. Prepare yourself

Ginger Barbarella
#50 - 2013-04-17 21:54:21 UTC
I see someone we all know has a new alt. Lol

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#51 - 2013-04-17 22:29:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hero Giggles wrote:
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello

Capiche?

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Most.
Pathetic.
Troll.
EVER!!

Rating: 0.00000...01/10.

Mods, please lock.

E:

Some advice, by the way, Mittani:

When attempting to change your writing/posting style to disguise a sock-puppet, it is generally best to not be too jarring about it. Keep the writing-style broadly the same, unless it's easily-identifiable --example, James 315/Kartoom--but change what you write more. That's easier to do, and easier to hide.

Next!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-04-18 01:08:34 UTC
Melvin Earl wrote:
Hello,

I'd love to see an endless stream of highsec players in their faction fit... whatevers coming to do missions in our space.

I wouldn't have to run complexes to get my faction/officer loot anymore.
Previous page123