These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Re think

Author
GreenSeed
#41 - 2013-04-17 10:41:04 UTC
op needs to make some e-friends and fly around killing people. nothing alleviates frustration more than frustrating others.
Anunzi
Solace Corp
#42 - 2013-04-17 10:43:23 UTC
duckmonster wrote:
HERE HOW I FIX THE EVE

On any battlefield, a player must flag himself for PVP. The players then message opponent offerign good fight. Then the server create instance maybe in wormhole and then 15 minutes pass. During that time, other players can join, and are randomly assigned a team to make sure both team is fair. If one side has bigger ship, the other sides ship turns into bigger ship so for instance all titens. At the end of timer, a voice says "READY SET GO" and the jousting commence. Each time a player makes shoot the other player they are awarded SKPs which are like dragon kill points but spaceship. At the end of the match the person with the most SPKs is declared winner and a rat drops some loot. If the players are high on ranking table, purple loot is drop. Then they go back to old ship and shake hand and make frands , makes with o7 and gfs

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN SUGGESTED BEFORE?!

Duckmonster for President.

"It was the way she said it, Rimmer, to rhyme with scum"

The VC's
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-04-17 11:12:17 UTC  |  Edited by: The VC's
Nalha Saldana wrote:
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=17271047

That looks like a well executed gatecamp that required planning, experience and capital. There was probably an off grid boosting Loki too.

As to 'pressing f1', by the time that happens, 90% of the decisive gameplay has often already occurred by that point, in this case. Other times, especially if you solo, you're all over your mouse and keyboard, manually piloting to the last sliver of hull hp.

OP, all that has occurred is that moment when you realise that this game is harder than you expected. It's a good, fruitful moment as it forces you to 'level up' your attitude, planning and situational awareness. It stretches you and makes you grow as a player. Cheap ships are cheap. Get in another one and remember your mistakes. The way to beat that gatecamp is to not get yourself in that position in the first place. There is always something you can do.

Even then, it's still going to happen from time to time. I got blapped by a similar setup recently and if they hadn't podded me I would have commended them in local.

Don't get upset. Get better.

Ed. As to the sword fighting analogy, simply put, you got ambushed by bandits who waited with their swords out and mugged you before you got a chance to draw yours. You can't win all the time.
Ai Shun
#44 - 2013-04-17 11:12:38 UTC
Cereminretus wrote:
Quote:
Yep... it's not like swordfighting at all. There is no honor... fairness is an abstraction... and yes, you have to use your brain more than "twitch, twitch, mash all de buttans!!"

yes a lot brain is needed to clik guns or push f1 to shoot.

On the contrary. You need almost zero brains to select a target and engage your weapons. The brains comes in the planning, the tactical thinking that goes before it and the execution required to bring overwhelming firepower to bear on a target and to blow the living @#$! out of them before they blink without even scratching your paint. That's where the brains are required.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#45 - 2013-04-17 11:15:57 UTC
Oh, c'mon. A few good gankings will build character. It's like the bonding you get by being on the bottom of the scrum pile or hanging out in the shower room after the game...

Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Cereminretus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-04-17 11:22:53 UTC
Ok i stop crying. I was caught in bubbles in null many times. But like this in LS was first time, just another eve experience.
Quote:
Even then, it's still going to happen from time to time. I got blapped by a similar setup recently and if they hadn't podded me I would have commended them in local..

yes i convo them after this "fight" and gratz them.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#47 - 2013-04-17 11:37:27 UTC
u
u
u
u
u
u
u

- there's your problem, tard

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#48 - 2013-04-18 06:53:27 UTC
Akuyaku wrote:
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Actually... OP history says:

Caldari Provisions [CP] from 2009.05.17

When a 4 year old character doesn't have enough ISK/SP/stuff to last five minutes in low-sec that kind of does say that there is a problem with PvP mechanics.

Personally I think it says far more about what the OP has been doing for 4 years.
He's bad, and should not be playing this game?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Shao Huang
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-04-18 08:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Shao Huang
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Black_Rise/Kinakka#kills24

He was screwed anywhere he wanted to go... But of course if I can figure that out after 3 weeks in the EVErse...

edit: upon a moments reflection I feel that the OP must have known and thought he could beat them. In other words, I think he may have been gambling.

Private sig. Do not read.

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-04-18 11:51:40 UTC
Cereminretus wrote:
This game is just waste of my time , eg. u spend 2 hours to fly and fit frig and after jump to 0.4 u get camped by 1400 II tornado x2 ,nad puf after 1 sec u dead ,and cought and poded, there is no fun, only flustration. (puls insta lock huggin and other ****)
Developers should rethink whats means digital enterteiment with pvp fights . Really u wanna more ppl play ,make pvp more fair maners not hardcore gank with 10 *************with huge guns vs 1 noob with small ship. Its like rob on back alley on street. No one wanna be robbed and smash to dead, maybe u dear developers.
Iam no talking about isk now, it is about only time needed to get into fair fight.

*****Edited out offensive material*****

There are two sorts of eve players: the offender and the victim. You can choose your side, what you did obviously. Don't like it? Change sides.

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#51 - 2013-04-18 13:42:27 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Stealth Nerf Low Sec thread?

It's stealth nothing, it's an Obvious "**** EVE" thread :) .
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#52 - 2013-04-18 13:44:42 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Actually... OP history says:

Caldari Provisions [CP] from 2009.05.17

When a 4 year old character doesn't have enough ISK/SP/stuff to last five minutes in low-sec that kind of does say that there is a problem with PvP mechanics.

What self serving BS. You should run for political office if you really think this way.
Previous page123