These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
Yiole Gionglao
#10081 - 2013-04-15 06:58:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Obviously rating new gurrl on the block. Lol

(Ish mode on)

@Valeria Veldspar

That's some great use of make up to make your eyes stand out. Albeit black is not the color that suits best to green eyes and the overall effect is quite dark, if you aimed to look Gallente, you did so. The face traits anyway are Caldari and so you look just as sweet as a carnivore sheep can achieve to look. What could be improved? The nose bridge is too thin IMO, and lighting and background could match better, specially the random-looking background. Light glares from the left side look meh. Also would suggest to play with the head vertical tilt until the eye sockets were fully lit and compensate with camera tilt to keep the same visual angle for head and shoulders. Last, would try to spin the shoulders so they look a tad wider and better proportioned to the face, which is not sweet enough to match such thin shoulders.

Will give you 9.8 of 10 because it's a very good portrait and only needs some minor tweaking to be perfect.

(Ish mode off)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Cynthia Gallente
Phoenix Foundry
New Eden Syndicate
#10082 - 2013-04-15 13:55:19 UTC
I used to wear those earrings!

My brain hurts so I can't give you a huge block of text about what I think. A number will have to suffice.

uhmmmm.... 7 or 8/10

Post with your lickā„¢

Yiole Gionglao
#10083 - 2013-04-15 14:00:46 UTC
Cynthia Gallente wrote:
I used to wear those earrings!

My brain hurts so I can't give you a huge block of text about what I think. A number will have to suffice.

uhmmmm.... 7 or 8/10


Well, lengthy ratings are not the norm... Valeria just came as a show-stopper. Smile

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#10084 - 2013-04-15 14:01:04 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:
@Valeria Veldspar
I never knew a Caldari can be sculpted into that ???
9.5/10


I thought that avatar was Gallente at first glance.

@Valeria Veldspar just for making me think it was a Gallente avatar at first
9/10
Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#10085 - 2013-04-15 14:58:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Sahara Wildcat
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Obviously rating new gurrl on the block. Lol

(Ish mode on)

@Valeria Veldspar

That's some great use of make up to make your eyes stand out. Albeit black is not the color that suits best to green eyes and the overall effect is quite dark, if you aimed to look Gallente, you did so. The face traits anyway are Caldari and so you look just as sweet as a carnivore sheep can achieve to look. What could be improved? The nose bridge is too thin IMO, and lighting and background could match better, specially the random-looking background. Light glares from the left side look meh. Also would suggest to play with the head vertical tilt until the eye sockets were fully lit and compensate with camera tilt to keep the same visual angle for head and shoulders. Last, would try to spin the shoulders so they look a tad wider and better proportioned to the face, which is not sweet enough to match such thin shoulders.

Will give you 9.8 of 10 because it's a very good portrait and only needs some minor tweaking to be perfect.

(Ish mode off)

Valeria Veldspar not need to change anything. Everything in her appearance perfectly. Probably can only change the color of the retina.

@ Commissar Kate - 10/10
Yiole Gionglao
#10086 - 2013-04-16 13:13:23 UTC
Sahara Wildcat wrote:
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Obviously rating new gurrl on the block. Lol

(Ish mode on)

@Valeria Veldspar

That's some great use of make up to make your eyes stand out. Albeit black is not the color that suits best to green eyes and the overall effect is quite dark, if you aimed to look Gallente, you did so. The face traits anyway are Caldari and so you look just as sweet as a carnivore sheep can achieve to look. What could be improved? The nose bridge is too thin IMO, and lighting and background could match better, specially the random-looking background. Light glares from the left side look meh. Also would suggest to play with the head vertical tilt until the eye sockets were fully lit and compensate with camera tilt to keep the same visual angle for head and shoulders. Last, would try to spin the shoulders so they look a tad wider and better proportioned to the face, which is not sweet enough to match such thin shoulders.

Will give you 9.8 of 10 because it's a very good portrait and only needs some minor tweaking to be perfect.

(Ish mode off)

Valeria Veldspar not need to change anything. Everything in her appearance perfectly. Probably can only change the color of the retina.

@ Commissar Kate - 10/10


That was some constructive criticism with suggestions to improve the avatar. I barely give out 10/10 and certainly don't bother writing lengthy comments unless a portrait really catches my eye.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Dazz Riiiiiiight
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10087 - 2013-04-16 17:39:39 UTC
meh 2/10
Concurssi Mellenar
Doomheim
#10088 - 2013-04-16 17:50:14 UTC
That avatar has "tribe" written all over it. I like the way she looks down on the viewer, but I think the raised brow might spoil the image just a tad, and that lipstick is just a tad too strong. 7/10

I've got a new portrait now, but I found that setting up expressions is pretty difficult without making this avatar look like a total idiot, so I pretty much left it was it was.

He who controls the veld, controls the universe.

iSupremacy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10089 - 2013-04-16 19:32:47 UTC
Looks fine, nothing too special about it. :)

6.5/10
Leo DeSeis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10090 - 2013-04-16 19:46:14 UTC
8/10.

Would tap that

Warning: Reading my posts may cause eyeball cancer.

Yiole Gionglao
#10091 - 2013-04-16 19:49:45 UTC
iSupremacy wrote:


Serious is serious, but at 512 px your scars look like plastic. Probably because of the lighting. Anyway I like the pose so will say 7 of 10.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Xuan Menzoberanza
Imperial Ravagers
#10092 - 2013-04-16 21:52:55 UTC
@Yiole Gionglao

8/10

I like the natural look of that character, no overkill on makeup, no crazy dyed hair and no 5 kg's of metal junk on face.

Don't ask me about shadows, or postioning, I'm only intrested in face :)

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#10093 - 2013-04-16 22:13:37 UTC
Xuan Menzoberanza wrote:
@Yiole Gionglao

8/10

I like the natural look of that character, no overkill on makeup, no crazy dyed hair and no 5 kg's of metal junk on face.

Don't ask me about shadows, or postioning, I'm only intrested in face :)




eh not bad, I don't see avatars with the hairstyle you have and make the avatar look decent too often.

8.5/10
Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#10094 - 2013-04-17 18:03:00 UTC
Xuan Menzoberanza wrote:

10/10
Yiole Gionglao
#10095 - 2013-04-17 21:08:05 UTC
Huh, Sahara how you did so your eyes look of different color? Lighting?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Thetabetalpha
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10096 - 2013-04-17 21:11:48 UTC
Sahara Wildcat wrote:
Xuan Menzoberanza wrote:

10/10

Very cat-like... Must be a descendant of an egyptian. As in - a space pharaoh?
10/10
Thetabetalpha
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10097 - 2013-04-17 21:15:05 UTC
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Huh, Sahara how you did so your eyes look of different color? Lighting?

Ish should go Yiole-mode :)
Quite attractive.
9.5/10
Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#10098 - 2013-04-17 21:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Sahara Wildcat
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Huh, Sahara how you did so your eyes look of different color? Lighting?

Yes. This is a play of light and shadow.
Frederik Lindemann
Doomheim
#10099 - 2013-04-18 12:09:16 UTC
Oh Hello.

8/10
Mizz Sunshine
#10100 - 2013-04-18 13:49:13 UTC
@Frederik

Interesting look with the shadows and scars at the left side of your face. Also a very realistic looking avatar, but other than that there aren't really much impressive.

Still a 7.5/10