These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Add a warning: not a whine or complaint

Author
mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-04-15 13:10:01 UTC
more of a idea.

Eve you should do what age of wushu did. when you log in you get a warning saying this is a pvp oriented game. you have to accept such warning. and if you haven't played AoW it is kind of similar to eve. that you can be attack anywhere if you want to or not. and you can kidnap people and sell them to brothels but that's another thread.

but maybe if you ad such a warning people wont get the idea that there are "safe" zones and will be less butt hurt when they are killed by for the first time.

what do you all think of something like that.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#2 - 2013-04-15 13:11:41 UTC
To what purpose? This is EVE. Everyone knows EVE is harsh.
A pop-up warning on logging would be like telling people that water is wet.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Dave Stark
#3 - 2013-04-15 13:12:25 UTC
if you're too stupid to realise game mechanics allow you to be shot at any time by any one, then i doubt you'll be able to read an irritating and redundant pop up upon logging in.
mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-04-15 13:15:33 UTC
im just saying add it for the 90% of of the internet that is too inept to research a game before they jump in and expect rainbows and butterfly's.

and for those unable to read we can do pictograms or something like that.
Dave Stark
#5 - 2013-04-15 13:16:23 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:
im just saying add it for the 90% of of the internet that is too inept to research a game before they jump in and expect rainbows and butterfly's.

i'm still going to say no.

because i don't want an irritating popup every time i log in. why should i have to suffer such a thing?
mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-04-15 13:17:29 UTC
just make it pop up once at can be one of those 1 time advertising things. that I never read
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#7 - 2013-04-15 13:18:18 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:

This is EVE, not WoW - If people are too dumb to figure it out, well, Caveat Emptor dudes.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-04-15 13:20:20 UTC
... I was just thinking my day could use more references to Age of Wushu to improve EVE... Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Dave Stark
#9 - 2013-04-15 13:20:35 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:
just make it pop up once at can be one of those 1 time advertising things. that I never read

that every one will instantly click to get rid of, because it's nothing more than an annoyance.

so nobody will ever read it, and it will never be seen.

so, it's just a gigantic waste of time for every one and will serve no practical purpose?
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2013-04-15 13:21:59 UTC
Jesus christ, what is wrong with you people?
mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-04-15 13:23:24 UTC
it would cut out a bunch of petitions. ccp could answer all i got ganked im a noobie with you were warned HTFU
mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-04-15 13:24:13 UTC
Quote:
Jesus christ, what is wrong with you people?
you got a problem with fake internet Asian people
Dave Stark
#13 - 2013-04-15 13:27:08 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:
it would cut out a bunch of petitions. ccp could answer all i got ganked im a noobie with you were warned HTFU

no it wouldn't.
Daimon Kaiera
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-04-15 13:31:51 UTC
Warning: Must spend 2 minutes before you can continue.

Welcome to Eve. In this game, you make your own fun; CCP will NOT be providing it for you. If you find an aspect of the game less than enjoyable, either do something else or quit.
We gave you an entire Universe - go do something.

.... . .-.. .--. / .. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. .- .-.. .-.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .. / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / --. . - / ..- .--. / ... - --- .--. - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / -. --- - / ... - --- .-.. . -. / ... - --- .--.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#15 - 2013-04-15 13:32:32 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:

That's already the state of play... CCP is absolutely clear about what is allowed to happen. And people still whinge about being ganked. A one-time popup won't change anything. Why sould CCP waste Dev's time with that?

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-04-15 13:36:27 UTC
Welcome to EVE. Warning, this is EVE.

Great idea you have.

No

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#17 - 2013-04-15 13:48:37 UTC
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
Welcome to EVE. Warning, this is EVE.

Heh!

Phrased like that, I'd say it was a great addition to the title splash screen - not so much as a warning, but rather as something we can giggle at.
Twisted

mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-04-15 13:50:02 UTC
we could make the warning optional. but if you don't accept the warning ccp comes and ganks you once a day until you do.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#19 - 2013-04-15 13:51:47 UTC
mai Talie-Kuo wrote:
we could make the warning optional. but if you don't accept the warning ccp comes and ganks you once a day until you do.

Seriously - WHY BOTHER?

A one-shot warning that you don't even have to see? How utterly pointless! A complete wasted of Dev time. Why would any rational company bother?

mai Talie-Kuo
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-04-15 13:54:05 UTC
because eve is irrational.
123Next page