These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Arguing with a Truther

Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#21 - 2013-04-15 12:10:56 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.


most of them are because of people veering off topic.
For some reason , talking about the flu will lead to talks about AIDS on Eve-o
and then there are my drunk threads Blink



You generate them with the knowledge of what is going to happen.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#22 - 2013-04-15 12:11:38 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.


Any interesting topic in these forums tend to be locked ;)




These were not that interesting. 3 were in fact pathetic.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-04-15 12:16:10 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.


Any interesting topic in these forums tend to be locked ;)




These were not that interesting. 3 were in fact pathetic.


I am talking about general topics, like the ones that used to be here 4 years ago. I did not read the other topics you refer to.
Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-04-15 12:27:47 UTC
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.


Any interesting topic in these forums tend to be locked ;)




These were not that interesting. 3 were in fact pathetic.


I am talking about general topics, like the ones that used to be here 4 years ago. I did not read the other topics you refer to.


such as ?
I wasn't around then , show me the past Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alara IonStorm
#25 - 2013-04-15 12:39:00 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.

Ivy's brain may be best represented a bag of shaken cats most of the time but it makes for interesting discussions.

Not one of which should have been locked. Off topic is just another word for fun discussion.
Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-04-15 13:31:12 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
IB4L

Ivy, do you realize that 4 of your last 4 generated threads have been locked ?

You just seriously need to stop.


Any interesting topic in these forums tend to be locked ;)




These were not that interesting. 3 were in fact pathetic.


I am talking about general topics, like the ones that used to be here 4 years ago. I did not read the other topics you refer to.


such as ?
I wasn't around then , show me the past Smile


I don't have the links saved. And I do not get EVE Search to agree with my searches, still the history is there, but of course there were a lot of **** back then as well :). What I do remember was that I was discussing a lot of interesting things, for instance one thread I discussed that one should take personal responsibility for the future, and that a defeatist attitude and just conforming to society is ultimately just helping to perpetuate the problems our society has. Just one example of a fun topic, but there were others as well. Suffice it to say, I think the quality of posts have dropped dramatically, but maybe I just want more out of a post now than I did previously. I dunno.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#27 - 2013-04-15 14:00:28 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224533&find=unread


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224547&find=unread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=224638&find=unread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=225099&find=unread


...and that's just the past week.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#28 - 2013-04-15 15:17:34 UTC
You'll never convince that idiot, since the vast majority of his knowledge is screwy... you'd need to re-educate him from the most basic level upwards, and he'd only be resisting you all the way.
You're just getting needlessly angry. The most sane response to that would be to simply state the above and just walk away.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#29 - 2013-04-15 15:19:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Akita T wrote:
You'll never convince that idiot, since the vast majority of his knowledge is screwy... you'd need to re-educate him from the most basic level upwards, and he'd only be resisting you all the way.
You're just getting needlessly angry. The most sane response to that would be to simply state the above and just walk away.



Indeed.

Ivy states that he is in school.

I think it's an age thing.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Concurssi Mellenar
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-04-15 15:36:30 UTC
Dude, that's getting pretty annoying. You've already made five posts complaining about how much you dislike Ivy's threads, we get it, now please just stop.

He who controls the veld, controls the universe.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#31 - 2013-04-15 15:51:32 UTC
Concurssi Mellenar wrote:
Dude, that's getting pretty annoying. You've already made five posts complaining about how much you dislike Ivy's threads, we get it, now please just stop.



The anger runs strong in this one.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-04-15 15:55:29 UTC


ooook.
Yes, I made some pretty stupid threads (mostly under the effect of alcohol) . Was going through some pretty hard times , C-ed Non-euclidean geometry Sad
But then again , I do notice my threads do go pretty off topic for no reason.
For example ,there was my thread which started off as "Girlfriends are out of fashion" , however as we progressed through our discussion we moved on Japan feudalism and then suddenly to the industrial revolution and then western global influence , suddenly off to Mars with libido suppressant?
And then as previously mentioned , the flu thread that even got CCP's attention. We started with the H7N9 flu , then we moved onto Chinese media credibility , then homosexuality and its possible affinity to STD , finally getting it locked .

OOPE can be weird sometimes.


And about my alcohol thing . Ah well , don't tell me you haven't had your wild days when you first discovered alcohol Lol
Just turned 18 last year , funny how things which you thought would be cool is'n't as cool once you have full autonomy ....
Ate 14 cups of jello straight down , and after a few difficult... sheet . I don't even want to set my eyes on it again.
If I were a philosophy major I could start an entire thread about that lol

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Concurssi Mellenar
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-04-15 15:57:48 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
lol u le mad bro?

Really?

It's pretty ironic that you said "I think it's an age thing", and then you're the one getting childish here.

He who controls the veld, controls the universe.

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-04-15 15:59:22 UTC
Akita T wrote:
You'll never convince that idiot, since the vast majority of his knowledge is screwy... you'd need to re-educate him from the most basic level upwards, and he'd only be resisting you all the way.
You're just getting needlessly angry. The most sane response to that would be to simply state the above and just walk away.



Which kinda intrigues me into how does Richard Dawkins ... Carl Sagon , Thunderf00t endures arguments with creationists


Once I've even seen an evangelist documentary saying how the nigara falls is proof god exists because its source is at a higher altitude than the lower stream... I couldn't face palm harder.


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-04-15 16:00:18 UTC
ah gees!

Here we go again...

DING DING!
ALL ONBOARD the fun train

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#36 - 2013-04-15 16:31:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Concurssi Mellenar wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
lol u le mad bro?

Really?

It's pretty ironic that you said "I think it's an age thing", and then you're the one getting childish here.



Who is childish when you come into the thread with "Stop posting. We get it. Enough".

Please. You are too easily irritated obviously.

Edit: AND alter my quoteage, which is bannable under certain circumstances.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-04-15 16:33:20 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Concurssi Mellenar wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
lol u le mad bro?

Really?

It's pretty ironic that you said "I think it's an age thing", and then you're the one getting childish here.



Who is childish when you come into the thread with "Stop posting. We get it. Enough".

Please. You are too easily irritated obviously.


Thats enough , don't start a fire in my thread X

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#38 - 2013-04-15 16:33:30 UTC
Ivy Romanova wrote:


ooook.
Yes, I made some pretty stupid threads (mostly under the effect of alcohol) . Was going through some pretty hard times , C-ed Non-euclidean geometry Sad
But then again , I do notice my threads do go pretty off topic for no reason.
For example ,there was my thread which started off as "Girlfriends are out of fashion" , however as we progressed through our discussion we moved on Japan feudalism and then suddenly to the industrial revolution and then western global influence , suddenly off to Mars with libido suppressant?
And then as previously mentioned , the flu thread that even got CCP's attention. We started with the H7N9 flu , then we moved onto Chinese media credibility , then homosexuality and its possible affinity to STD , finally getting it locked .

OOPE can be weird sometimes.


And about my alcohol thing . Ah well , don't tell me you haven't had your wild days when you first discovered alcohol Lol
Just turned 18 last year , funny how things which you thought would be cool is'n't as cool once you have full autonomy ....
Ate 14 cups of jello straight down , and after a few difficult... sheet . I don't even want to set my eyes on it again.
If I were a philosophy major I could start an entire thread about that lol




Well, some advice form someone 30 years older: when drunk, stay off the Interwebs. Can lead to major trouble (you wouldn't believe what a friend did to his bank account).

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#39 - 2013-04-15 16:38:57 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ivy Romanova wrote:


ooook.
Yes, I made some pretty stupid threads (mostly under the effect of alcohol) . Was going through some pretty hard times , C-ed Non-euclidean geometry Sad
But then again , I do notice my threads do go pretty off topic for no reason.
For example ,there was my thread which started off as "Girlfriends are out of fashion" , however as we progressed through our discussion we moved on Japan feudalism and then suddenly to the industrial revolution and then western global influence , suddenly off to Mars with libido suppressant?
And then as previously mentioned , the flu thread that even got CCP's attention. We started with the H7N9 flu , then we moved onto Chinese media credibility , then homosexuality and its possible affinity to STD , finally getting it locked .

OOPE can be weird sometimes.


And about my alcohol thing . Ah well , don't tell me you haven't had your wild days when you first discovered alcohol Lol
Just turned 18 last year , funny how things which you thought would be cool is'n't as cool once you have full autonomy ....
Ate 14 cups of jello straight down , and after a few difficult... sheet . I don't even want to set my eyes on it again.
If I were a philosophy major I could start an entire thread about that lol




Well, some advice form someone 30 years older: when drunk, stay off the Interwebs. Can lead to major trouble (you wouldn't believe what a friend did to his bank account).


Wasn't a problem for me, didn't have any internet during my drinking days, it would have cut into my beer fund.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#40 - 2013-04-15 16:42:13 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:


Wasn't a problem for me, didn't have any internet during my drinking days, it would have cut into my beer fund.



I actually got Blocked by Bill Corbett, they voice of Crow T Robot, over on Twitter for going off on him by taking a joke as serious. I was 'drunkenly concerned' that it was the truth so he thought I was a Troll.

That was it for me.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Previous page123Next page