These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

The Great Storm in Black Rise this weekend.

Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#21 - 2013-04-10 15:16:43 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Even if we would take Nenn-----> CCP would change it immediately next day to gallente highsec :D

That would kinda suck. I'd far prefer it to be Non-FW lowsec.

It would be great if it was like non-fw low sec but still spawned plexes that effected sov and tiers etc. Just not your ability to dock.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#22 - 2013-04-11 04:25:54 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:
More unbiased news on the Gallente/Caldari front. Enaluri residents are obviously smoking alot of pot if they think they can take Nenn or any other home system for that matter. If Happy Endings and Kraken couldn't do it earlier this year, there is no way the current group can.

http://themittani.com/news/storm-predicted-black-rise

All I know is:

Beer before Grass - you're on your ass.
Grass before Beer - you're in the clear.

If we do it in the right order - we should get Nenn.

Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#23 - 2013-04-11 15:23:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
Scylus Black wrote:
Dear Deen,

I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you again for the fights you arranged for my entertainment. It was truly a wonderful night out and so special to celebrate with my corpmates. I am sure you went through a huge expense having to return so often to meet our needs. I know since you refrained from posting "Good Fights" in local that it only spoke to your stoic nature. We are truly blessed to live in a great community with so many wonderful people. I feel very lucky to have met you and look forward to many more fights together. Next time I'll bring ham.

You're not the first person to wonder why I don't post GF in local. I rarely ever post GF in local after a fight because

A) it feels a bit contrived since everyone does it and few mean it
B) I'm so busy doing post-fight stuff that I don't have time to read or interact in local

That fight was the first time I had fought or FC in months so I was extremely rusty. The only thing I quickly realized afterwards is how risk averse many Gallente fleets/pilots are nowadays. Yeah, I said it. The one thing I kept hearing on comms even as we tried to come back for another round was

"Deen. Why do we do shield but don't have Scimis or Scythes?" (Ughhh...because this was a corp roam of 10 pilots before all the non corpies joined and made it a blob?)
"Deen- Let's do either pure armor or pure shield. Why are you allowing a mixed gang?" (Ughh...because you morons don't have a shield missle cruiser or proper support ships, so you think a shield Vexor is the next best thing so you can KM whore?
"Deen- Let's get set up properly to counter them" (Ughhh....No. I don't want to take 20 minutes to fight their rag tag fleet comp)

To quote Gavin from another post;

Quote:
It's ironic to see the risk adversion with many FC's regarding t1 cruisers (Galls, Pirates, yes even Squids) hasn't changed that much. 0.0 became a lot more loose and aggressive with it, but it's about the same here. Open up and get you a brawl! There's no need for 4 logi + ewar + links + whatever as a hard counter a kitchen sink fleet with little/no support roaming around. That's just a recipe for blueballs.

I more or less said this on comms and tried to explain why you don't need logi all the time. Because, you know, there was a time when people flew gangs without logi. All I get back from people is how Squids in Enaluri will always bring the hard counter. or that other Gallente FCs always do logi so I have to as well. So because Caldari bring the hard counter, I have to bring a hard counter as well. Or because all the other FCs bring logi, then I have to bring logi....for a 10-man fleet?!?

A recipe for no fun and all blue balls.

Thanks for the fight ;)

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#24 - 2013-04-11 15:46:47 UTC
I grow tired of how every fleet has to have logi and/or jams with them. Both sides do it, so there's no use pointing the finger either way. It's just... meh. It's like anytime a group undocks they HAVE to have logi and jams, which means the opposing fleet HAS to have logi and jams and you end up with one big snoozefest/blueballs. Even roaming frig/dessy gangs carry 2-4 Griffins now.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Shahai Shintaro
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-04-11 21:01:18 UTC
Deen,

You would have loved our comms that night. I think it went something like this:

Me: Scylus, I'm gonna suicide run a cruiser into the medium to kill Deen Wispa
Scylus: I'm in
Titus: what's going on?
Me: Were running a suicide run into medium. We're all going to die but as long as Wispa goes down mission is a success.
Titus: what do you want me to bring?
Me: Whatever you are willing to lose cause you will lose it
{This continues for awhile as random alliance people join}
Me: That's it, I'm not waiting any longer, everyone warp to the medium and enter on contact. Remember Deen Wispa is primary regardless of what she's in. Anyone else we kill is icing on the cake. If you aren't ready just get here when you are.

{We enter the plex and Deen starts pulling range so we can't hit her}

Scylus: That dirty ***** knew our plan
Me: {sigh} ok new primary is....

Some how we did end up winning that battle ... Oh and Deen's bellicose was destroyed so mission success?

Need to come over and hang out more Deen. You know we love you over here are still waiting for your application
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#26 - 2013-04-11 22:17:00 UTC
Shadow Adanza wrote:
I grow tired of how every fleet has to have logi and/or jams with them. Both sides do it, so there's no use pointing the finger either way. It's just... meh. It's like anytime a group undocks they HAVE to have logi and jams, which means the opposing fleet HAS to have logi and jams and you end up with one big snoozefest/blueballs. Even roaming frig/dessy gangs carry 2-4 Griffins now.

We bring the griffins cause the Gallente keep bringing logi.

TBH - I think it all adds to the fight and makes it interesting.
The gallente have some good logi pilots and we have some pilots good at ewar.

Had 2 great fights last night - We won the 1st round and the Gallente won the second round.
Both sides had griffins. Only the Gallente bother with logi for frigate fights. We can afford a few frigates and don't see the need.
Whisperen
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#27 - 2013-04-14 09:30:42 UTC
Its a great way to learn before getting into logi cruisers.
Juan Rayo
Justified Chaos
#28 - 2013-04-14 14:26:37 UTC
Many thanks to the Caldari that gave us great fights during our Enaluri offensive. Kinda sad to see you guys lose your system (shoudn´t have threatened Nen) but I´m sure you´ll be back with a vengeance. Made for a very enjoyable weekend. Respect.

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-04-14 15:08:16 UTC
Well actually I am shocked that calmil mostly isn´t even able to form small fleets to face the gals.
Mostly when the gals had a 15+ cruiser fleet up we lacked the numbers. Weird.
Wondering where militia was in Enaluri. Can´t imagine these not even 150 peeps was all.
Was a good fighting there for several days. Yep.
Although you needed minmatar help.
Miss the Kam/Kourm brutality a bit where you are able to form 30+ fleets within 5minutes sometimes.
On the other side the gals WANT a good fight instead of typical simple minmatar pwning.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#30 - 2013-04-14 15:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Although you needed minmatar help.

+1 to our Russian Overlords at Smile 'n' Wave!

Also, there were 900+ kills in a 24 hour period, so I think your side brought it probably more than you think.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-04-14 15:30:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Quote:
+1 to our Russian Overlords at Smile 'n' Wave!

Also, there were 900+ kills in a 24 hour period, so I think your side brought it probably more than you think.

Look at the numbers of kills when Kamela was defended ;)
All on smaller scale here it seems.
Seems also Smile n Wave is bored to sit all their day in Arzad and chase plexers in the neighbour systems.
Or are they so scared of the amarrs now? Blob doesn´t work vs amarr mili any more (well at least it didn´t work when I left).
Was funny to smash that united gal/minnie fleet on Kourm gate. Btw. gals your Augoror fits are horrible :P
At least you learned to use Augs and not Exqus any more.
Calmil is in a horrible condition actually. Reminds me a lot of broken amarr militia in august 2012. Well. I am sure calmil will recover.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Juan Rayo
Justified Chaos
#32 - 2013-04-14 15:36:05 UTC
Well the fighting for Enaluri also included engagements in Hallanen, Akidagi, Nennamaila. No doubt being more concentrated as in the amarr/minmatar front makes for very different fights, but the point here is that Caldari DID fight for the system (specially in the last 2 days) and we won some, lost some until we finally took control.

Having up to 70 peeps brawling in frigs, dessie or cruisers fleets was awesome.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-04-14 15:48:45 UTC
Well thx to killer, superchair and greg for all the effort in fcing.

Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#34 - 2013-04-14 16:35:02 UTC
What really happenedBig smile

Good fights overall. Was fun. o/
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-04-14 16:40:24 UTC
Quote:

What really happened

A lot of truth in it :D

Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#36 - 2013-04-14 18:06:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
Super Chair wrote:

Pretty much. I remember another sandbox game I played year ago. The opposing side was beating us and I asked the question, "What do we need to do to beat them back?"

The answer I got;

"We need to recruit more nerds and unemployed to our side"

PS- I heard Roninn Alliance disbanded and IBS is leaving FW after this latest sov grind fiasco....

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Salan Steel
Nasranite Watch
#37 - 2013-04-14 20:05:52 UTC
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#38 - 2013-04-15 14:43:10 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Salan Steel wrote:

So we kill of the caldari find god and turn amarrian?
Salan Steel
Nasranite Watch
#39 - 2013-04-15 16:01:30 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

No.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#40 - 2013-04-15 16:02:50 UTC
Salan Steel wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

No.
We get fat and lazy running FW missions to purchase untold numbers of recently buffed Navy ships?
Previous page123Next page