These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Moving All Level 4 Agents to Low-Sec

First post
Author
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#141 - 2013-04-13 13:36:06 UTC
All level 4 and level 3 should be in lowsec.

The Tears Must Flow

Praetor Meles
Black Mount Industrial
Breakpoint.
#142 - 2013-04-13 13:54:13 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

0/10...must try harder.

[insert random rubbish that irritates you personally] is further evidence that Eve is dying/thriving*

• delete as required to make your point
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#143 - 2013-04-13 14:13:08 UTC
if you run missions in low sec you know there's neither risk nor reward just constant irritation of dscan spamming and interruption, for solo players at least. maybe blitz missions are worthwhile if you have social skills maxed out, for the LP. otherwise i might as well be doing stuff in null where local is all i really need. which is where i'm going next when i have my HAC skills trained. L4s really aren't that brilliant income.

low sec missioning should be different imo. more like fw plexes where there's little PvE and if you bail on the objective when you see trouble coming then you lose.

forums.  serious business.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#144 - 2013-04-13 14:24:11 UTC
Praetor Meles wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:

0/10...must try harder.

Opinions... why do people have different opinions?

The Tears Must Flow

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#145 - 2013-04-13 14:26:30 UTC
We should all put Bounties on folks who start these idiotic threads.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Dave stark
#146 - 2013-04-13 14:26:59 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Praetor Meles wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:

0/10...must try harder.

because opinions are like facts for the incorrect.

it lets them feel like their voice is valid, even when it isn't.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#147 - 2013-04-13 14:33:22 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Praetor Meles wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:

0/10...must try harder.

because opinions are like facts for the incorrect.

it lets them feel like their voice is valid, even when it isn't.

Actually, opinions are valid.

It's when they insist the opinion is truth simply by stating it, or putting it in print that the problem arises. Like the Louisiana school textbooks that state men and dinosaurs walked together. Oh yes indeed. Problems.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#148 - 2013-04-13 14:37:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
... strums the banjo and waits for a new Level 4 mission, available in Low Sec only, called "Deliverance"...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Bellanea Rajanir
Obolka Kin
#149 - 2013-04-13 14:38:11 UTC
Move all mineable moons into high sec.

It was a day when the forum post became sentient

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#150 - 2013-04-13 14:41:18 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
... strums the banjo and waits for a new Level 4 mission, available in Low Sec only, called "Deliverance"...

Dueling Banjo Dogs

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#151 - 2013-04-13 14:41:28 UTC
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:

Sure, but also remove concord from the game.

The Tears Must Flow

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#152 - 2013-04-13 14:42:49 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:

You are not trolling properly.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#153 - 2013-04-13 14:44:25 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
Bellanea Rajanir wrote:

You are not trolling properly.

Im not trolling, im responding to the suggestion to move all mineable moons into high sec.

The Tears Must Flow

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#154 - 2013-04-13 14:44:42 UTC
Mei Sui wrote:
I did run a search just now and it does show up in several threads. But usually as responses to other ideas or to address another topic. i.e inflation.

But, a good idea is worth repeating I think, even if it is in other threads.

No it's a stupid idea... Stupid... Lets find more ways to drive people out of the game...
Sebben
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2013-04-13 17:06:21 UTC
Mei Sui wrote:
Ready the flamethrowers, but I think it's time to consider moving the level 4 agents to low sec.

One of the key tenants of the EVE universe has been the risk to reward scale going from hi-sec to low-sec to null-sec. The farther you go, the greater the rewards. When it comes to mining for example, the base ores are in high sec with the most valuable in null sec. Added to that the population density in high sec and all of the belts are picked clean with the need to either move farther out into the frontier or into low sec. This shows a good example of the risk to reward escalation.

Missions on the other hand are different. While there are better paying missions in the lowsec/null sec areas, they are a small increase versus the change in risk that is associated. Level 4 missions in high sec give a substantial, multi-million ISK reward for practically no risk at all. And a character can easily get to level 4 agents in a few weeks with good Social skills.

While I do agree that new pilots need a foothold when they join EVE, this mechanic should scale with the rewards offered and I believe that by moving the level 4 agents into low sec, the risk can match the reward more effectively. (While keeping Level 1-3 agents in high sec)

There is another reason for this and that is to fight the large influx of ISK entering the EVE economy from missions. During last years Fanfest in 2012, it was pointed out that 26 Trillion ISK enters the EVE economy via missions. I believe this will go a long way in curbing inflation as pilots must now truly asses the risk of entering low sec with the greater rewards that level 4 and 5 agents offer.

Anyways, that's my idea. Flame away! P

So your trying to get PVE fit people to go into lowsec/nullsec to do PVE missions, with generally no PVP ships, so you can take your PVP ship, and gank the PVE people, who can't combat your PVP fit ship with their PVE fit ship.

And your calling it a Financial Stabilization....

Next you'll be asking to eliminate local.

You should have been a politician.
Mei Sui
Hades Covenant
#156 - 2013-04-13 17:14:45 UTC
Sebben wrote:
Mei Sui wrote:
Ready the flamethrowers, but I think it's time to consider moving the level 4 agents to low sec.

One of the key tenants of the EVE universe has been the risk to reward scale going from hi-sec to low-sec to null-sec. The farther you go, the greater the rewards. When it comes to mining for example, the base ores are in high sec with the most valuable in null sec. Added to that the population density in high sec and all of the belts are picked clean with the need to either move farther out into the frontier or into low sec. This shows a good example of the risk to reward escalation.

Missions on the other hand are different. While there are better paying missions in the lowsec/null sec areas, they are a small increase versus the change in risk that is associated. Level 4 missions in high sec give a substantial, multi-million ISK reward for practically no risk at all. And a character can easily get to level 4 agents in a few weeks with good Social skills.

While I do agree that new pilots need a foothold when they join EVE, this mechanic should scale with the rewards offered and I believe that by moving the level 4 agents into low sec, the risk can match the reward more effectively. (While keeping Level 1-3 agents in high sec)

There is another reason for this and that is to fight the large influx of ISK entering the EVE economy from missions. During last years Fanfest in 2012, it was pointed out that 26 Trillion ISK enters the EVE economy via missions. I believe this will go a long way in curbing inflation as pilots must now truly asses the risk of entering low sec with the greater rewards that level 4 and 5 agents offer.

Anyways, that's my idea. Flame away! P

So your trying to get PVE fit people to go into lowsec/nullsec to do PVE missions, with generally no PVP ships, so you can take your PVP ship, and gank the PVE people, who can't combat your PVP fit ship with their PVE fit ship.

And your calling it a Financial Stabilization....

Next you'll be asking to eliminate local.

You should have been a politician.

One good idea at a time Big smile
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#157 - 2013-04-13 17:19:13 UTC
Mei Sui wrote:

You are 8 years or so late on this.

Lame. Lame. Lame.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#158 - 2013-04-13 19:04:09 UTC
Mei Sui wrote:
One good idea at a time Big smile

If what you're trying to accomplish is drive CCP's customers away, well, yeah, this indeed is a great idea.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Shadow Lord77
Shadow Industries I
#159 - 2013-04-13 19:19:46 UTC
If CCP moves level 4 missions to low sec they should also move incursions to low sec as well. In fact move everything to low sec so the only people who can make money is the ones that are in a corp or have enough time to spend the time it takes to grind up in high sec for a decentship that can travel to low-sec and spend hours trying not to die from all the people waiting to blow them out of the water.

What are you crazy? If anything make level 5 missions more numerable or profitable to encourage those, but there's a lot of people who like to play eve casually. Not everyone is a teenager with innumerable hours of free time a day to devote to an online video game or has the patience to grind level 3 missions in high sec because they're broke and they want to mission in low sec.
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#160 - 2013-04-13 19:26:51 UTC
As others have said a lot of people enjoy running Level 4 missions and that is all they do in Eve so moving them all to lowsec would loose a lot of subs for CCP, a better solution would be:

Adjust all highsec missions to payout up to Level2-3 tops.

Then the economy is safe, Risk:Reward is balanced and people can still enjoy shooting large red crosses in safety!