These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Lets face it: NOT VOTING IN CSM8 IS A VOTE FOR NULL SEC BLOCKS

First post First post
Author
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#61 - 2013-04-12 21:11:10 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
i think people underestimate some of the null sec candidates.

TBH I like a few of the NULL SEC candidates... but I do feel like the system's rigged like the old Chicago political manchine where I see some carpet bagger Alderman representing my district in Southside Projects yet he lives in Barrington Hills.

How is it rigged? One account, one vote. It's even totally anonymous, with no possibility of confirming who someone voted for (the receipt page doesn't mention who you voted for, just that you did vote), so bribery or intimidation aren't particularly useful.

Oh, right. "The people I don't like are able to gather more votes than the people I do like" means the election is rigged. Forgot about that.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Drunken Bum
#62 - 2013-04-12 21:16:42 UTC
video game drama! dun dun dun.... I voted for floppy. So you can shut your mouth Darthwhinesalot

After the patch we're giving the market some gentle supply restriction, like tying one wrist to the bedpost loosely with soft silk rope. Just enough to make things a bit more exciting for the market, not enough to make a safeword necessary.  -Fozzie

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#63 - 2013-04-12 21:22:28 UTC
Sorry about your hisec, bro.

This is the year we take it all, so enjoy it while you can. I suggest arranging for your future nullsec serfdom now, as the terms will be a lot worse when the hammer falls and the mass exodus of carebears from the wastelands of nerfed hisec begins.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Frying Doom
#64 - 2013-04-12 23:36:01 UTC
Zhade Lezte wrote:
Also the best way to stick it to the ~nullbears~ is to vote for Frying Doom's list, which totally doesn't have the five wormhole bloc candidates on top Big smile

Look

It is a well known fact that all those people not on my list are mentally unstable.

Or are you going to tell me that Riverini is a great CSM candidate?

So just vote the list. They are great.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Frying Doom
#65 - 2013-04-12 23:40:08 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Sorry about your hisec, bro.

This is the year we take it all, so enjoy it while you can. I suggest arranging for your future nullsec serfdom now, as the terms will be a lot worse when the hammer falls and the mass exodus of carebears from the wastelands of nerfed hisec begins.

They have no one to blame but them selves.

Fancy supporting Null Sec overlords, then bitching about the result.

If only they had followed my voting suggestions, Hi-sec would not get Nuked.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#66 - 2013-04-13 06:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Cyberdyne
RubyPorto wrote:
[How is it rigged?

Rumor mongering removed. - ISD Cyberdyne

Next?

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#67 - 2013-04-13 06:24:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Cyberdyne
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
[How is it rigged?

Next?

RubyPorto wrote:
It's even totally anonymous, with no possibility of confirming who someone voted for (the receipt page doesn't mention who you voted for, just that you did vote), so bribery or intimidation aren't particularly useful.

The whole post matters.

Also, this.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#68 - 2013-04-13 07:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Drunken Bum wrote:
video game drama! dun dun dun.... I voted for floppy. So you can shut your mouth Darthwhinesalot

Actually I put floppy on my 14 slate over any big NULL BLOCK candidate because I think gankers too deserve a CSM representativeAttention
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#69 - 2013-04-13 08:56:07 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
We need a badge for the forums for people who don't vote, so we can get a year telling them "STFU, this is your fault. You didn't vote"

this!

Second
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2013-04-13 09:10:28 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
but I do feel like the system's rigged

Remember when we told CCP that changing the system to a STV system wouldn't end well, or make it any harder to game?

Yeah, about that...

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#71 - 2013-04-13 09:18:41 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Cyberdyne
RubyPorto wrote:
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
[How is it rigged?

Next?

RubyPorto wrote:
It's even totally anonymous, with no possibility of confirming who someone voted for (the receipt page doesn't mention who you voted for, just that you did vote), so bribery or intimidation aren't particularly useful.

The whole post matters.

Also, this.

i don't think katan's post was even worth your effort
El 1974
Green Visstick High
#72 - 2013-04-13 09:52:57 UTC
The last CSM had the most horrible ideas written down in some document they supported unanimously. Luckily CCP so far has ignored them. Right now when the CSM claims to represent the playerbase, they are making themselves look even more stupid as only a vast minority of players vote. I am proud to be a member of the non-voting majority.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#73 - 2013-04-13 09:58:42 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

TBH I like a few of the NULL SEC candidates... but I do feel like the system's rigged like the old Chicago political manchine where I see some carpet bagger Alderman representing my district in Southside Projects yet he lives in Barrington Hills.

How is it rigged? One account, one vote. It's even totally anonymous, with no possibility of confirming who someone voted for (the receipt page doesn't mention who you voted for, just that you did vote), so bribery or intimidation aren't particularly useful.

Oh, right. "The people I don't like are able to gather more votes than the people I do like" means the election is rigged. Forgot about that.

The CSM election is rigged in favour of people who vote.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#74 - 2013-04-13 09:59:35 UTC
El 1974 wrote:
The last CSM had the most horrible ideas written down in some document they supported unanimously. Luckily CCP so far has ignored them. Right now when the CSM claims to represent the playerbase, they are making themselves look even more stupid as only a vast minority of players vote. I am proud to be a member of the non-voting majority.

Way to step up and avoid taking any responsibility there.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#75 - 2013-04-13 10:04:31 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
The CSM election is rigged in favour of people who vote.

Dangnabbit. You and your sense.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2013-04-13 10:04:37 UTC
El 1974 wrote:
The last CSM had the most horrible ideas written down in some document they supported unanimously.

Which ideas were these?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#77 - 2013-04-13 10:08:41 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

The STV system is ridiculously fair. The old system was less fair in that it gave low voting demographics a better chance for a representative; the old system gave those who voted for the highest place candidate 1/10000th of a result for their vote, where those who voted for the lowest placed got 1/1600th of a result per vote - their vote was over five times more "valuable".

Now those demographics will have their individual vote valued equally to anyone else's, and that means they'll have to stop whining on the forums for 60 seconds and actually VOTE if they want CSM representation. That means no more relying on a couple of popular null candidates soaking up enough bloc votes to allow a couple of hi-sec dudes to slip in with 1600 or 1700 votes each. Now everyone is going to need 4000 or 5000 votes each.

I realise that this is a horrible crushing tyrranical burden to impose on people who take zero interest in 90% the game for most of the year, don't bother voting, but then greatly enjoy bawwing about how the CSM is "rigged" in favour of null, but there it is, the world we have to live in.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ai Shun
#78 - 2013-04-13 10:27:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
RubyPorto wrote:
And you expect yelling at the people who already read the forums is going to improve voter turnout, why?

Have you seen the number of posters that say: "I don't want to vote for null-sec so I won't vote" or "I don't believe in the system so I won't vote - but give me WiS/FW/POS/PI/whatever or EVE will die" or something fairly similar?

They don't understand how voting works Big smile

Of course, this comment probably means I don't understand how their apathy / lack of interest works.
Frying Doom
#79 - 2013-04-13 10:35:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Ai Shun wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
And you expect yelling at the people who already read the forums is going to improve voter turnout, why?

Have you seen the number of posters that say: "I don't want to vote for null-sec so I won't vote" or "I don't believe in the system so I won't vote - but give me WiS/FW/POS/PI/whatever or EVE will die" or something fairly similar?

They don't understand how voting works Big smile

Of course, this comment probably means I don't understand how their apathy / lack of interest works.

Voter apathy is easy to understand.

First say eh

Then don't vote

Next spend 12 months complaining that eve is changing in a way you don't likeLol

And threaten to unsub at every possible chance.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#80 - 2013-04-13 11:23:39 UTC
I liked a DarthNefarius post

(he's spot on with this one)