These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Advanced settings request for chat windows (e.g. local, etc)

Author
Flachs
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-04-12 12:39:51 UTC
hey there,
i thought it would be super-awesome to be able to sort the people list in chat windows.

an important option then would be to sort by standing - especially in loooong local lists to bring up war-targets up front for example.
when being in a war in highsec flying through trade-hub-systems sometimes pretty much depends on the size of your monitor.
the smaller your local window, the less overview of the actual danger in the system you get. sorting it by standing would bring WTs and badboys up top.
i'd really find that convenient!

thanks for considering!

regards,
Flachs.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#2 - 2013-04-12 13:18:09 UTC
Good idea. Totally agree.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2013-04-12 13:47:34 UTC
Been suggested before, most of the counter arguments are that it'd be ugly (and probably un-balanced somehow) ...

really, if you're in a war, you should be flying with scouts...

- treat every system with no eyes as hostile
- use locators
- bait them...
- etc.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Keeper O'Secrets
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-04-15 08:41:48 UTC
Flachs wrote:
hey there,
i thought it would be super-awesome to be able to sort the people list in chat windows.

an important option then would be to sort by standing - especially in loooong local lists to bring up war-targets up front for example.
when being in a war in highsec flying through trade-hub-systems sometimes pretty much depends on the size of your monitor.
the smaller your local window, the less overview of the actual danger in the system you get. sorting it by standing would bring WTs and badboys up top.
i'd really find that convenient!

thanks for considering!

regards,
Flachs.

i see no logical reason for this not to be implemented.
+1
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#5 - 2013-04-15 09:02:13 UTC
The mechanics of a chat that can be sorted and filtered would be a vital step towards replacing Local with more sophisticated intelligence methods.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if that wouldn't need a complete rewrite of the chat code, thus they don't want to go that way.