These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SAVE THE SPACEWHALE(Dominix) CCP anounces change to the Domi model on stream. SAVE SPACE WHALE!

First post First post
Author
4runner
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-04-10 16:28:04 UTC
Change the Bellicose Hull, it almost makes the domi look pretty....
Tennessee Jack
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-04-10 19:56:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennessee Jack
4runner wrote:

Looks like someone duct taped it together.... yep thats the ideal Minmatar ship.

I would think if they were changing the Dominix to that referenced hull, they would do the same to the Vexor.

Oddly enough, the same artist has another sketch.

http://baranha.deviantart.com/art/FUJIN-FINAL-181896594

They classified it as a battleship, but I think it would make a much better cruiser, and a viable Vexor update.

Oddly enough, this would give some uniformity to the Droneboats of Amarr and Gallente.

These ships have amarr flair, but I believe they are more befitting the Gallente, yet there are design similarities between the two races regarding their droneboats.

These two ships

For Dominix, Battleship class
http://baranha.deviantart.com/art/Naru-Kami-Final-179403464

For Vexor, Cruiser class.

I think those would be the best new ship designs for both the Dominix and The Vexor (which both really need an update).
Dorian Mirror
Glovis Corporation
#83 - 2013-04-10 20:21:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorian Mirror
Tennessee Jack wrote:
4runner wrote:

Looks like someone duct taped it together.... yep thats the ideal Minmatar ship.

I would think if they were changing the Dominix to that referenced hull, they would do the same to the Vexor.

Oddly enough, the same artist has another sketch.

They classified it as a battleship, but I think it would make a much better cruiser, and a viable Vexor update.

Oddly enough, this would give some uniformity to the Droneboats of Amarr and Gallente.

These ships have amarr flair, but I believe they are more befitting the Gallente, yet there are design similarities between the two races regarding their droneboats.

These two ships

For Dominix, Battleship class
http://baranha.deviantart.com/art/Naru-Kami-Final-179403464

For Vexor, Cruiser class.

I think those would be the best new ship designs for both the Dominix and The Vexor (which both really need an update).

The Vexor? Imho the Vexor is one of the best looking Cruisers in the game.

Also, if they change the Domi, they shouldn't use one of those DeviantArt designs. Honestly, out of all the contest entries, there where only a small number of good ships, and those are already Ingame... Edit: Ok, I thought the Talos and the Oracle where also part of the contest, seems like that wasn't the case...
Tennessee Jack
Doomheim
#84 - 2013-04-10 22:27:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tennessee Jack
I disagree with the Vexor, being a liked look. Argument for another thread though. If they do redo the Dominix, the Vexor will probably be on the chopping block also (it really does look like a little potato, or a backwards pistol.).

I do wonder what the new Dominix will look like though. Kind of need more than these grey alley photos. Heck when they redid the Nemesis (Gallente Stealth Bomber) from the Tristan Model, we at least got some idea what the heck it would look like (and that was a COMPLETE redesign from the ground up).

So where is the design art :-). Gotta figure out how to give it the Pimp Wheel.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#85 - 2013-04-10 22:59:06 UTC
I have removed an off topic post. Please keep it on topic and civil. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Jason Marshall
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-04-11 08:10:02 UTC
Well atleast the thread wasnt Stennsoned.
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#87 - 2013-04-11 13:48:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
I would like the Domi to stay as is. New art should be for new ships, leave the old ones alone.

That or create optional ship rendering software for any computer. I think it would be fun to play Eve in aquarium mode, or demolition derby, or modern art mode. That would be kind of fun and would allow people to mail their custom paint jobs to their friends! But there's no need for any changes to the base graphics or the information handled by the servers.
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-04-11 13:55:47 UTC
Im going to refrain from judging until I see the new model.

I like the current Domi, but it is really missing a visible dronebay, there should be a large one in the back with a forcefield ala algos.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#89 - 2013-04-11 14:00:09 UTC
Dominix is a good looking ship

The moa needs some love though

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Kontract Killa
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#90 - 2013-04-11 18:12:22 UTC
Space Whale? Dominix? You mean Space Shoe right? Orca is the Space Whale........
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#91 - 2013-04-11 21:37:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Oh come on, it only needed a slight rework and to get in touch with it's feminine side:

Dominix

It even matches the name better. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Luc Chastot
#92 - 2013-04-12 03:46:44 UTC
About time.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Rexxorr
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2013-04-12 03:55:56 UTC
Dominix and the other gallente battleships are quite butt ugly imo, one of the reasons gallente are last on my list for cross training.
Johann Rascali
The Milkmen
Churn and Burn
#94 - 2013-04-12 04:52:05 UTC
Rexxorr wrote:
Dominix and the other gallente battleships are quite butt ugly imo, one of the reasons gallente are last on my list for cross training.

Don't even come close to saying that the Hyperion is anywhere near as ugly as the Dominix. The Hype's one of the best looking ships in the game, though a bit veiny.

I would love to see the Dominix made into something visually appealing enough that I could make myself fly it. All these Rattlesnakes I use in lieu of it get expensive.

Blanking signatures doesn't seem to work, so this is here.

lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#95 - 2013-04-12 07:13:50 UTC
If anyone touches the Moa model I will end them, personally, literally.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2013-04-12 07:20:25 UTC
It's not too pretty only if you look from the front side, but why would you do that? Other than that I'm big fan of Dominix model...
xSynnx
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2013-04-16 07:44:57 UTC
i think you are all forgetting the pimped out domi...

So good it hurts!
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#98 - 2013-04-16 09:33:33 UTC
Noooooooooo!

Leave my DeathSpud alone.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#99 - 2013-04-16 10:08:52 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Oh come on, it only needed a slight rework and to get in touch with it's feminine side:

Dominix

It even matches the name better. Smile

Oh yeah! Battle Beyond The Stars! That was an awesome movie Lol

I would like CCP to be aware that I love the Dominix just the way it is. If you insist on changing it, at least introduce a new ship with the old Dominix model so those of us who like the old one can transmogriphy our fleets.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#100 - 2013-04-16 10:23:18 UTC
Down with the spacewhale!

Up with Space Oil!

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!