These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wife Aggro Revisited (100 mil isk in game contest)

Author
Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#101 - 2013-03-23 06:24:57 UTC
I also had a pimp hand module that worked best with auto-target back turned on.
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#102 - 2013-03-23 20:45:00 UTC
Rain6636 wrote:
I also had a pimp hand module that worked best with auto-target back turned on.

Wait, are we still talking about internet spaceships? Blink

Host of High Drag Podcast. http://highdrag.wordpress.com/

Space music http://minddivided.com

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#103 - 2013-03-23 21:54:42 UTC
yeah, and I ditched the wife and moved from 3 accounts to 5, and most recently this setup

i couldn't be happier with the decision
Eliniale
Co-operative Resource Extraction
#104 - 2013-03-24 00:23:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Eliniale
Rain6636 wrote:
yeah, and I ditched the wife and moved from 3 accounts to 5, and most recently this setup

i couldn't be happier with the decision

You know i'm all for eve and all that. But it may be a bit much.

I quit eve during my last relationship because of time constraints and her need for attention, also our vastly differing interests played a mayor part in the inevitable breakup.

Although I'm not gonna say that breaking up and being able to return to eve made me happier per se. I love the people and the game and eve is still my main hobby (read: obsession). But I'd rather not be alone and be able to share this hobby. (or at least find someone who can deal with it).

Sure friends and hobbies outside of ever are great, but at the end of the day you still go to bed alone and wake up alone.

Edit: fixed a lot of atrocious spelling mistakes

Note: this sounded a lot more depressing than it should be. For the record I'm completely fine, maybe not completely happy but at least doing well enough. I enjoy the little things, and the people and friends both inside eve and out.

Second note: this is 4AM in the morning for me, I'm not checking for further spelling mistakes at this point

System ideas: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191928&find=unread

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#105 - 2013-03-24 02:13:30 UTC
Rain6636 wrote:
this setup

no arms on the chair! a travesty.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2013-03-24 03:28:32 UTC
Due to waggro i had an lotr marathon last night. Mrs said that since i was on hols i had lots of free time to do my own thing which is entirely true.

So the hobbit and 3 extended movies later and a lot of cuddles, popcorn and arguements over the sofa and im up as i have to get back into my work habit and shes all warm and toasty in bed. Sad

Also, never buy a small sofa. It doesnt mater if you are two people. Get the biggest sofa possible. This makes movie marathons much nicer.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#107 - 2013-03-24 04:05:40 UTC
******* face it, a relationship is an agreement to put up with all the **** in exchange for sex

this thread is filled with people who are upset with that bargain, as if someone forced you to accept it

bitches
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#108 - 2013-03-24 06:07:06 UTC
Graygor wrote:

Also, never buy a small sofa. It doesnt mater if you are two people. Get the biggest sofa possible. This makes movie marathons much nicer.

We only have a three seater, which used to be very nice since we could easaly cuddle up and watch TV or a movie.. But then we got a cat... For some odd reason she does not like us being next to each other so now the middle "pillow" is hers and if anyone dares to sit there she will stand right infront of you and stare at you with piercing green eyes until you move. Its not because she wants the spot right then, she just wont tolerate anyone using it.
Used to be worse tho, when we first got her she would start to howl (yes howl) if we gave each other hugs or similar and dident let go within a couple of seconds Lol
Rain6636
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#109 - 2013-03-24 06:09:42 UTC
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#110 - 2013-03-25 19:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Rain6636 wrote:
******* face it, a relationship is an agreement to put up with all the **** in exchange for sex
Oh, no. That's not the basis at all. Sex is a very nice part of the arrangement, but the basis of marriage is to have someone who will watch your back, cover your ass, keep the home fires burning, applaud your successes, commiserate with your defeats, and discuss plans for turning the latter into the former - then encourage you to get up the next day and do it all over again.

'Tis a reciprocal thing. Which is why communication and negotiation must be part of the package.

Quote:
this thread is filled with people who are upset with that bargain, as if someone forced you to accept it
Hardly upset with it, and if that's what you read, you need to learn to read between the lines. Are there moments of anger or frustration? You betcha. That is also part of the package - A fixture, rather than a feature, if you will. An inescable reality that can be managed, or can be your doom, depending on how smart you are about it. Kinda like how Gravity is a fixture of living on the planet Earth: respect it, or learn to work with it, you're fine. Treat it with contempt, and it will kill you very, very dead.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#111 - 2013-03-26 15:51:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Random McNally
silens vesica wrote:
Rain6636 wrote:
Oh, no. That's not the basis at all. Sex is a very nice part of the arrangement, but the basis of marriage is to have someone who will watch your back, cover your ass, keep the home fires burning, applaud your successes, commiserate with your defeats, and discuss plans for turning the latter into the former - then encourage you to get up the next day and do it all over again.

'Tis a reciprocal thing. Which is why communication and negotiation must be part of the package.

Quote:
Hardly upset with it, and if that's what you read, you need to learn to read between the lines. Are there moments of anger or frustration? You betcha. That is also part of the package - A fixture, rather than a feature, if you will. An inescable reality that can be managed, or can be your doom, depending on how smart you are about it. Kinda like how Gravity is a fixture of living on the planet Earth: respect it, or learn to work with it, you're fine. Treat it with contempt, and it will kill you very, very dead.

In total agreement with silens.

No offense Rain, but if marriage was "an agreement to put up with all the **** in exchange for sex", there'd be a much higher divorce rate.

Oh, wait.....

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#112 - 2013-03-26 19:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
OK, here's a wife aggro story. Not a great one, but on-topic at least.

I'm in an FW pick-up fleet in a Thrasher. Maybe my second one ever, and I'm not very experienced at PVP fleets and using voice comms. Enemy militia fleet warps in, I burn to the nearest thing (a Thrasher) and get a tackle. FC says "Maller is primary, Maller is primary." So I'm thinking six things at once: Where's that Maller? Dang, I don't spot him in this pile of ships on overview! Should I sort overview by ship type? Should I switch targets from the Thrasher? What's the range to the Maller? Too far to quickly burn there? What about that Incursus next to my targetted Thrasher? Is he busy shooting the BC in our fleet, or will he tackle me if I break off? You know, one of those adrenaline OMG split-second consider-and-decide things you do in a pvp fight.

But, at that very instant, from behind my chair... wife's hands on my shoulders. Slow massaging. Completely out of synch with the sweaty high speed stuff I'm focusing on in the game.
Wife [in smooth sweet voice]: "How's dad doing?"
Me: "hnfn"
Headset: "Got a point on the Maller."
Headset: "More WTs warped in. Hurricane, Omen, Catalyst."
Wife [still massaging]: "Your shoulders are really tense. It's been a really rough week, hasn't it? Relax your shoulders."
Headset: [Something unintelligible that I missed].
Me: "...hurmf..."
At which point, between processing the information coming in from the monitor, the headset, my shoulders, and the voice behind me, my executive decision-making neural processes overheat and fail. I make the perfectly wrong decision and decide to switch targets to the Maller. Start burning to it.... and the Thrasher and Incursus scram and web me.
Headset: "Maller is into armor."
Headset: "Crap! Watch that pirate fleet!"
FC: "Warp! Get out, get out."

The Thrasher and Incursus pop my Thrasher.
Me [Turns head slightly back toward wife, while actually watching the monitor and spamming the Dock button to try to escape with my pod. Attempts appreciative massagee voice.]: "Mmmmm, thanks honey. Ah, that feels great! Ooooo.... Aaaah...."

Meanwhile my pod can't dock, because this is an enemy-owned FW system. So while trying to remember what people enjoying a massage do, I'm clicking away to warp to random objects, . Eventually I got to a station where I can dock the pod.
Me [into headset]: "I'm dead, guys. Leaving fleet while I reship."
Wife: "Oh, I'm sorry. You're busy."
Me: "Oh no, no. Not busy. I just needed a second to get off of the voice chat."
Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#113 - 2013-03-26 19:06:15 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
OK, here's a wife aggro story. Not a great one, but on-topic at least.

I'm in an FW pick-up fleet in a Thrasher. Maybe my second one ever, and I'm not very experienced at PVP fleets and using voice comms. Enemy militia fleet warps in, I burn to the nearest thing (a Thrasher) and get a tackle. FC says "Maller is primary, Maller is primary." So I'm thinking six things at once: Where's that Maller? Dang, I don't spot him in this pile of ships on overview! Should I sort overview by ship type? Should I switch targets from the Thrasher? What's the range to the Maller? Too far to quickly burn there? What about that Incursus next to my targetted Thrasher? Is he busy shooting the BC in our fleet, or will he tackle me if I break off? You know, one of those adrenaline OMG split-second consider-and-decide things you do in a pvp fight.

But, at that very instant, from behind my chair... wife's hands on my shoulders. Slow massaging. Completely out of synch with the sweaty high speed stuff I'm focusing on in the game.
Wife [in smooth sweet voice]: "How's dad doing?"
Me: "hnfn"
Headset: "Got a point on the Maller."
Headset: "More WTs warped in. Hurricane, Omen, Catalyst."
Wife [still massaging]: "Your shoulders are really tense. It's been a really rough week, hasn't it? Relax your shoulders."
Headset: [Something unintelligible that I missed].
Me: "...hurmf..."
At which point, between processing the information coming in from the monitor, the headset, my shoulders, and the voice behind me, my executive decision-making neural processes overheat and fail. I make the perfectly wrong decision and decide to switch targets to the Maller. Start burning to it.... and the Thrasher and Incursus scram and web me.
Headset: "Maller is into armor."
Headset: "Crap! Watch that pirate fleet!"
FC: "Warp! Get out, get out."

The Thrasher and Incursus pop my Thrasher.
Me [Turns head slightly back toward wife, while actually watching the monitor and spamming the Dock button to try to escape with my pod. Attempts appreciative massagee voice.]: "Mmmmm, thanks honey. Ah, that feels great! Ooooo.... Aaaah...."

Meanwhile my pod can't dock, because this is an enemy-owned FW system. So while trying to remember what people enjoying a massage do, I'm clicking away to warp to random objects, . Eventually I got to a station where I can dock the pod.
Me [into headset]: "I'm dead, guys. Leaving fleet while I reship."
Wife: "Oh, I'm sorry. You're busy."
Me: "Oh no, no. Not busy. I just needed a second to get off of the voice chat."

Excellent!

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#114 - 2013-04-11 13:56:33 UTC
Episode 10 will be recorded on or about 04/17 will be the Waggro episode.

Last chance for stories!

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2013-04-11 13:59:26 UTC
While i wouldnt mind winning, I say give it to Khergit he wins hands down.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Random McNally
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#116 - 2013-04-11 14:06:47 UTC
Graygor wrote:

Khergit's is indeed an excellent story. Shows how insidious Waggro can be. However, I have two other judges that need to get involved and there is still a little bit of time.

Patience, Welshman, patience.

I G Channel HighDragChat

Broadcast4Reps

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2013-04-11 14:10:26 UTC
Patience??? I dont need no stinking patience, real men play black jack and not patience!

Daimon Kaiera
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#118 - 2013-04-11 16:44:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Daimon Kaiera
This thread assumes that I am in a relationship.

I feel sad now.

Even though I could just make it up, but that would be even sadder.

.... . .-.. .--. / .. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. .- .-.. .-.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .. / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / --. . - / ..- .--. / ... - --- .--. - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / -. --- - / ... - --- .-.. . -. / ... - --- .--.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#119 - 2013-04-11 16:54:03 UTC
Graygor wrote:

Thanks Gray. Smile That story is in the Waggro Angst and Tragic EVE-Fail category. It could use a little more in the Waggro Hilarity department. Meditate, little grasshoppers, and recall your waggro humor stories. If they're too traumatic and have been buried in your subconscious, maybe hypnosis will help.... Smile
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#120 - 2013-04-12 14:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Here's a recycled one that I sent Random's co-host Kyle Yanowski back in December:

So I'm in a low-sec roam in Hagilur with two corp mates. We're all noobs to PVP-- our second roam I think, with no experience, no mentor, and no FC. No voice comms even. Just experimenting in Rifters and itching to get a first killmail. The day before, we had come close to killing a pirate in an MWD Stabber, before he asploded us. We did a lot of comparing notes on that fight. What we did wrong, what to do next time, who'll do what role, improving our fits, etc., etc. Very intense about it, the way only somebody brand-new to PVP can be.

So now it's the next evening, and we're back at the scene of yesterday's fail. We're in our safe spots d-scanning, all hyper-focused and tense and micro-analyzing everything. The Stabber guy who kilt us yesterday is showing up in Local, and somebody gets a scan on a Stabber at a belt. It must be him. "Should we try it?" "WTH, let's do it." "OK, warp to 0 this time." So we warp onto him, and just as we target and tackle, a couple of other ships warp in. Big, scary ships with red security status. Everybody's heart rate hits 150 beats/sec and we scatter in all directions. I ended up warping to the first thing I saw in overview, which turned out to be a customs office.

At that instant, from directly behind my back, came a wife aggro attack. "Khergit Deserters, have you seen the water stains on the ceiling tiles downstairs? [I twist around in my chair and look back]. They're getting worse! You have to fix the seal around the bathtub-- it can't wait anymore, it's going to cause damage, etc. etc." I say to the wife, "OK OK, hang on a second, I'm in a fight." There's a little more back and forth dialogue, then I look back at the monitor. Guess what. Stabber is coming in head-on, warping to 0 on me. By the time I find the mouse and keyboard, I'm scrammed and webbed. Rifter 'splodes in maybe two seconds.

"GF," I say in Local.
-"GF But why didn't you move or fight?" the Stabber pilot says.
"Well, I was semi-AFK while taking wife aggro."
[Random iother people in Local: "ROFL, HAHAHA, WTF, dumb ****," etc.]
-"You should dock up if you're semi-AFK and taking wife aggro."
"Well, that's true." [Hmm, yeah, next time I'll do that, newbie PVPer me is thinking].
-"It's not a good kill if you were taking wife aggro and semi-AFK."
"No man, it was a good kill. It's not your fault I was taking wife aggro."
-"No, it is not a good kill."
"Seriously man, it was a good kill. There's no way you could have known I was taking wife aggro."
-No, it was not. Anyway, good-bye." [Exits Local and system.]

No comments from my usually talkative corp mates. Nobody had ever seen such a humiliating fail loss that the winner didn't even want it on his killboard.

So in this case, the wife got a double kill. My Rifter, and the guy's KB, which is permanently stained with a waggro kill. Smile