These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Navy Battlecruisers

First post First post
Author
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#201 - 2013-04-11 11:16:53 UTC
The Frutix has some very nice stats, and could well serve as low-SP option for small armor gangs. Tracking bonus is damn sweet <3

However I strongly oppose these awful camo paint jobs. Please, please design proper color schemes for the navies, cheap jungle camo is an insult to these ships.

And now you have to make Eos use the Myrm hull as base :)

Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#202 - 2013-04-11 11:21:30 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP Ytterbium is there not a concern over their tank being better than most battleships?
Btw love the brutix its kind of what people want the T1 brutix to be like...
also a little concerned the drake will basically replace the old drake .. yes slightly more expensive but null sec alliances are short of isk..

pff
so exactly how this will replace the drake? not that the drake is used that much
it has lower dmg and tank , for better range and speed ,so pls tell us
El Geo
Warcrows
The Ascendants
#203 - 2013-04-11 11:25:09 UTC
Roime wrote:
The Frutix has some very nice stats, and could well serve as low-SP option for small armor gangs. Tracking bonus is damn sweet <3

However I strongly oppose these awful camo paint jobs. Please, please design proper color schemes for the navies, cheap jungle camo is an insult to these ships.

And now you have to make Eos use the Myrm hull as base :)

I do miss the old comet paint job, it was so awesome looking now it just looks like its had a tin of green paint thrown over it
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#204 - 2013-04-11 11:28:57 UTC
Naomi Knight wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP Ytterbium is there not a concern over their tank being better than most battleships?
also a little concerned the drake will basically replace the old drake .. yes slightly more expensive but null sec alliances are short of isk..

pff
so exactly how this will replace the drake? not that the drake is used that much

it has more tank than the raven ......... much better projection and tracking.....

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#205 - 2013-04-11 11:31:45 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
im guessing they all have the command link bonus like T1 ?....
the brutix will surely obsolete the mega same tank almost same slots and much more mobile.....

Well the faction Brutix is going to cost a lot more than a Mega. So yes on stats alone it will potentially obsolete a Megathron, you know in the same way that the Proteus has obsoleted pretty much every Gallente ship on the game. I've never seen any Gallente pilot not flying a Proteus.

Love the amount of confusion these ships are causing. The amount of completely contrary posts saying these ships are under/over powered is hilarious!
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#206 - 2013-04-11 11:33:54 UTC
I don't quite understand what niche these things are supposed to fill

Looking at the lp prices they will end up costing almost as much as a command ship and.. Well i don't see why you would get a slightly buffed up hurricane when you can get a sleipnir for the same price =/

All in all these ships seem rather redundant and boring, not really adding any significant value.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#207 - 2013-04-11 11:41:25 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

Looking at the lp prices they will end up costing almost as much as a command ship and.. Well i don't see why you would get a slightly buffed up hurricane when you can get a sleipnir for the same price =/

All in all these ships seem rather redundant and boring, not really adding any significant value.

They are primarily aimed at players with more ISK or LP than SP. One does not simply jump into a command ship. They are also more commonly used in PVE than PVP.

CCP wrote:
For those who just joined EVE, navy hulls mainly offer improved performance over regular tech1 ships. They can be acquired at your nearest navy or Factional Warfare (FW) militia friendly store if you don’t feel like obtaining them through other players on the regular market.

Nice goals for new and old mission grinders or FW guys.

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#208 - 2013-04-11 11:54:10 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
the brutix will surely obsolete the mega same tank almost same slots and much more mobile.....

Well the faction Brutix is going to cost a lot more than a Mega.

I wouldn't be so sure about that the price of the mega will increase after patch im sure to at least 200mil plus mods and rigs you're talking closer too 300mil i doubt a navy brutix will cost that much.

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#209 - 2013-04-11 11:56:55 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

Well the faction Brutix is going to cost a lot more than a Mega. So yes on stats alone it will potentially obsolete a Megathron, you know in the same way that the Proteus has obsoleted pretty much every Gallente ship on the game. I've never seen any Gallente pilot not flying a Proteus.

Love the amount of confusion these ships are causing. The amount of completely contrary posts saying these ships are under/over powered is hilarious!

The confusion means CCP has done their job correctly. It is almost a perfect balance because noone really knows which way this is going to swing.
Firu Issier
Dodixie Money Front
#210 - 2013-04-11 12:07:24 UTC
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

The confusion means CCP has done their job correctly. It is almost a perfect balance because noone really knows which way this is going to swing.

But....... But....... But....... I want a navy Myrmidon.......
Not another Brutix with less tank.

I think CCP hates Drones
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#211 - 2013-04-11 12:11:04 UTC
Firu Issier wrote:
Buhhdust Princess wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

But....... But....... But....... I want a navy Myrmidon.......

Where would/could they go with a Navy Myrmidon?
Turret damage bonus with 125Mbps? Would that not step on the Role of the Ishtar, the Eos? Pure Drone ship? That is the Navy Vexor or the Dominix.
The Navy Brutix is a very nice ship.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#212 - 2013-04-11 12:14:23 UTC
CCP Ytterbium the tank on these are as good if not better when sig and mobility are included ..
- either nerf T1 bc's tank and then theses navy bc's inline with them or
- buff battleships tanks across the board by 25%.

Otherwise why use a bs when a navy bc will do the job better for similar price or less?

Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#213 - 2013-04-11 12:15:16 UTC
I think the Brutix NI should be 756, and the Harbinger NI 747. Why are amarr and gallente swaping their flavor ? :-(

Also, Myrmidon hull instead of Brutix, unless you turn the Eos into a Myrmidon hull.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#214 - 2013-04-11 12:16:58 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
Naomi Knight wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

pff

it has more tank than the raven ......... much better projection and tracking.....

heh? nobody said a thing about the raven ,the ship that nobody uses
btw 300 dps +drones isnt that great from a bc even if it can fire it up to 90+km
Shamus O'Reilly
Candy Cabal
#215 - 2013-04-11 12:33:28 UTC
Svodola Darkfury wrote:
All of these are great, except for this:

The Brutix Faction variant is un-needed. All the other ships are previous Tier 2 ships, and therefore have no Tech 2 variant.

Faction Myrmidon needs to be the Faction choice, as the Brutix faction will suffer in the same way as the Stabber-> Stabber Fleet -> vagabond conundrum.

Svo.

and what conundrum would that be?

Stabber = cheap kiter
Stabber Fleet = Slightly more expensive kiter with better damage or kill ALL THE FRIGATES armor dual 180 cruiser
Vagabond = Fast ******* kiter with decent dps... Until 3 MWD cycles later when youre out of cap. Meh still can be innovative.

So conundrum?

"I swear there are more people complaining over "nullsecers complaining" then actual nullsec people complaining."

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#216 - 2013-04-11 12:35:53 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

DRAKE NAVY ISSUE:

• Caldari Battlecruiser skill bonuses: +10% to heavy missile and heavy assault missile velocity and 5% bonus to explosion radius of heavy missile and heavy assault missile per level

Eventually, you can also fix the missile system instead of giving bonuses that should be included in the base missile.

A drake more expensive, with less DPS and less tank ? Seriously ? Oh sorry, it gets bonus speed (bonus compared to the drake's base speed that has been nerfed), should be worth it !... Or not.

Deception, deception...

Bah, I wasn't intending to fly it anyway, missiles are crap in PvP.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#217 - 2013-04-11 12:36:52 UTC
Roime wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

They are primarily aimed at players with more ISK or LP than SP. One does not simply jump into a command ship. They are also more commonly used in PVE than PVP.

CCP wrote:
For those who just joined EVE, navy hulls mainly offer improved performance over regular tech1 ships. They can be acquired at your nearest navy or Factional Warfare (FW) militia friendly store if you don’t feel like obtaining them through other players on the regular market.

Nice goals for new and old mission grinders or FW guys.

Command ships are **** for pve...

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#218 - 2013-04-11 13:06:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
Hurricane > former tier 2
Drake > former tier 2
Harby > former tier 2
Brutx > um.... what?

So why not a navy Myrm?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#219 - 2013-04-11 13:09:26 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
Hurricane > former tier 3
Drake > former tier 3
Harby > former tier 3
Brutx > um.... what?

So why not a navy Myrm?

tier 3? are u sure?
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#220 - 2013-04-11 13:09:49 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

Where would/could they go with a Navy Myrmidon?
Turret damage bonus with 125Mbps? Would that not step on the Role of the Ishtar, the Eos? Pure Drone ship? That is the Navy Vexor or the Dominix.
The Navy Brutix is a very nice ship.[/quote]

Navy Drake is not stepping on the toes of the Navy Caracal?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.