These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Running LvL 4 in Amarr Space: wich ship do you suggest for avoid the Tracking Disruption ?

Author
Holy Eriker
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2013-04-10 00:09:01 UTC
Hello Pilots o7

I`m recently relocated to Amarr space and as Minmatar pilot I have serius issues to fight against TD effects...
I decided to drop my T2 AC and switch my training to Missiles and Drones.

My question is, wich ship should I train for?
Golem?
CNR?
Tengu?
Rattlesnake?

I read that Machariel is the best missioon runner, but TD is just... meh.

I can`t change region and I dont want to avoid sansha missions... I hope you will help me solving this problem.

Fly Safer than me Pirate
Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2013-04-10 01:03:13 UTC
Lots of posts on this.
NM will blap just about everything in a mission before they have time to TD you.
I find pure missile ships lack the ability to pop small stuff on the way in so for me a Rattlesnake is the way to go. I have tried all the choices and find the Golem too slow, CNR is OK, found it better than the golem if solo, but not being able to insta frigs and cruiser when they approach is a pain. Tengu is good for blitzing but is slow for missions that are BS heavy.
Sentries don't get perma shot at and can be RR's from the RS, so they perfectly viable.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-04-10 01:13:11 UTC
domi, navy issue or rattle.

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#4 - 2013-04-10 03:25:51 UTC
I'm so tired about people whining because 2-3 missions have TD Roll

Blockade and vengeance are the only missions where TD hurts you enough to be a pain in the ass.
Sodohm
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-10 03:32:20 UTC
bloodknight2 wrote:

Blockade and vengeance are the only missions where TD hurts you enough to be a pain in the ass.

People who dont have perfect skills need more slots for tank or cap, so they cant fitt as many tc or te as you do.....
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-04-10 04:14:58 UTC
Sodohm wrote:
bloodknight2 wrote:

People who dont have perfect skills need more slots for tank or cap, so they cant fitt as many tc or te as you do.....

Stacking penalty. Ppl already run with 3 TE/TCs anyway.

Cage Man wrote:
Lots of posts on this.
NM will blap just about everything in a mission before they have time to TD you.
I find pure missile ships lack the ability to pop small stuff on the way in so for me a Rattlesnake is the way to go. I have tried all the choices and find the Golem too slow, CNR is OK, found it better than the golem if solo, but not being able to insta frigs and cruiser when they approach is a pain. Tengu is good for blitzing but is slow for missions that are BS heavy.
Sentries don't get perma shot at and can be RR's from the RS, so they perfectly viable.

No. Firstly, NM can't blap the elite cruisers that TD. 2nd, These TDing elite cruisers spawn in groups of 3 in blockade, for 3-6 every wave, hit one (which won't die) and the rest will reduce your Tach range to 5 km and tracking to nil. Slowboat your NM over next to the rat, and you can't track cruisers with TDed Tachs anyway. NM does far worse than Mach, not better.

Until TD affects missiles next expansion, use CNR or Golem. Post nerf, Tengu nonkinetic dps is down to 500.
Holy Eriker
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-04-10 11:25:54 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
Until TD affects missiles next expansion

Ugh
I din`t knew about this patch note.
Considering this, is quite pointless for me to train in missiles, when my skills will be trained to top level, the new expansion will make them useless again.

The only other solution I can think is to fly an armor tanked BS and fit Tracking computer/ Tracking Enhancer (apoc?)
or just go with a Rattlesnake and be happy...

I know the TD is limited to some missions, but is silly there isn`t a good way to solve the problem.
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-04-10 12:02:31 UTC
Holy Eriker wrote:
Hello Pilots o7

I`m recently relocated to Amarr space and as Minmatar pilot I have serius issues to fight against TD effects...

CNR?
I have only flown the CNR, so...

To make it work properly, you need to train up missile skills, plus the CNR has to be properly fitted. If you do that, Cruise Missiles will kill everything from Battleship to Spider Drone. That be said, your skills need to be on the higher end, because the tank on the CNR is not strong. T2 launchers really help the CNR works effectively.

Note: the CNR is a good choice, but not the best choice. IMO
Doctor Ape MD
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-04-10 12:52:18 UTC
Holy Eriker wrote:
Hello Pilots o7

Golem?
CNR?
Tengu?
Rattlesnake?

I read that Machariel is the best missioon runner, but TD is just... meh.

I can`t change region and I dont want to avoid sansha missions... I hope you will help me solving this problem.

Fly Safer than me Pirate

In my opinion you should continue to train for what you want to train for (ACs), although drone skills are pretty much good for everyone. CCP knows about Sansha and has been tweaking them (see and post your thoughts to the TD thread in this forum). I still think they are overpowered and annoying, but like a previous poster said there are only a few missions where it is really a problem. Heck there is at last one big Sansha mission (Pirate Invasion I think) where I hardly ever see ANY TD effect (if I recall correctly, there are a couple of plague lord battleships that can do it but it seems to be pretty rare).

TLDR keep training what you want to use and wait for CCP to come to their senses and level TD out with other pirate factions EWAR. In the meantime, skip the few missions where it's a problem (blockade for instance) and try to mission in a system with multiple level 4 agents nearby.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-04-10 13:55:23 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
No. Firstly, NM can't blap the elite cruisers that TD. 2nd, These TDing elite cruisers spawn in groups of 3 in blockade, for 3-6 every wave, hit one (which won't die) and the rest will reduce your Tach range to 5 km and tracking to nil. Slowboat your NM over next to the rat, and you can't track cruisers with TDed Tachs anyway. NM does far worse than Mach, not better.

Until TD affects missiles next expansion, use CNR or Golem. Post nerf, Tengu nonkinetic dps is down to 500.

i do not know what kind of special breed of elite cruisers you are flying against but i have yet to come across a mission where my tach range goes down to 5km. as it stands, i am actually happy whenever i get the blockade because it's a solid 20m bounty tick + 20-30 mil in loot. vengeance is a little more annoying but hey, that's what the long range crystals are for.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Etheral Queen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-04-10 17:51:45 UTC
Cage Man wrote:
Lots of posts on this.
I find pure missile ships lack the ability to pop small stuff on the way in .

Triple TP golem 1 shots most frigates and cruisers with javelins 2 shots bc's and with rage torps 3 shots battle ships, the only down side is its about as fast as a thief in a wheel chair so i gave up on isk an hour and slow boat everything whilst letting salvage drones go wild, it's not the best isk/hr but i dont play spreadsheet online Lol
Holy Eriker
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-04-10 18:46:36 UTC
First of all, thank you for your tips :)

I would train for missiles BUT if CCP is going to apply the TD effect to missile boats, this solutioon is no more...

The only hope (dramatic tone) seems to be a drone boat and I prefear a rattlesnake over a navy domi.
Or as I mentioned, I could armor tank a BS (in my case a Tempest) and use 2 TC in mid slot, but this will totally kill the DPS and force the fit, resulting in a mediocre solution I would like to avoid.

In the end, it seems that the rattlesnake is the best optioon overall...
Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2013-04-10 19:22:45 UTC
Etheral Queen wrote:
Cage Man wrote:
Lots of posts on this.
I find pure missile ships lack the ability to pop small stuff on the way in .

Triple TP golem 1 shots most frigates and cruisers with javelins 2 shots bc's and with rage torps 3 shots battle ships, the only down side is its about as fast as a thief in a wheel chair so i gave up on isk an hour and slow boat everything whilst letting salvage drones go wild, it's not the best isk/hr but i dont play spreadsheet online Lol

LOL.. I also don't play spreadsheets online. I the golem could carry 5 sentries and 5 mediums.. it will probably become my favorite ship. Sentries can do the popping for me.. I am a cautious carebear so can't bring myself to drop tank and insert a third TP. My rigs are all top velocity.
But it does seem like sentry drone boats are the future for the easy mode, until tracking starts affecting the sentries off course..
Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-04-10 19:30:29 UTC
Navy geddon with a full rack of sentries. Drones for TD ships first and foremost, then melt everything else with lazors.
Allota Lovin
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-04-11 04:27:55 UTC
My mission running toon uses CNR for BS heavy missions and a Tengu for the rest. My nightmare and paladin are not used much because of TD's. I have tried a rattlesnake but it did not feel as fast. Having level 5 missile support skills and implants really makes the missile boats shine! My CNR uses a cap booster and rigor rigs and my Tengu has a T2 rigor rig also. I should put a 2nd rigor rig in the Tengu. These ships will run level 4 missions anywhere without any problems!
Starlight Kouvo
Howl at the Moon
#16 - 2013-04-11 08:03:36 UTC
I know its not quite the same but I used to run lvl4's in Minmatar space with a Scorpion Navi Issue and high level missile skills but it was slow and frigs were a royal pain to kill.

I have been skilling up gunnery support and on the test server trialed a Nightmare in the same Minmater lvl4's and so far it rocks. Even the base fit I tried with Meta 4 Large Pulse lasers and standard crystals was great.

Now upped to Faction Large Pulse lasers and crystals and even Angel Blockade missions are no real issue, just keep a bit of range with an AB and burn down battleships in about 10-12 shots. Frigates pop in 1 to 2 shots out to 60km

Only Elite cruisers prove resiliant and take some close firepower and drones to kill.
Against Serpantis and similar, battleships drop in about 5 shots Big smile

Still skilling for T2 lasers and then with Scorch it will be amazing.

Yes higher resit enemies are slower to take down but brute dps and a well set up set of resists and burst shield booster make it a weapon system of its namesake.

I would recommend anybody trying to work out what will work go checking it out on Sisi first.

Still the mosty annoying npc tactic is ECM as it has pretty much no counter. TD and Sensor dampening can be countered with revised fitting but ECM appears to be pretty much impossible to counter.

I took the radar strength from 28 to 128 and still got jammed Shocked
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#17 - 2013-04-11 08:17:58 UTC
I have no issues blapping cruisers with my Nightmare. I have done Vengeance and Blockade multiple times with no real issues. Just make sure you have long range crystals handy. I use IN Ultraviolet when IN Multifrequency wont reach.
Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-04-11 09:14:41 UTC
From my experience in null, I didn't run into trouble with Sansha TD's until ships got within 65km or so. If you can get a sniper setup to reach that far with decent firepower and hold that range, then you should hopefully be OK.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Heavensend
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-04-11 09:41:51 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
From my experience in null, I didn't run into trouble with Sansha TD's until ships got within 65km or so. If you can get a sniper setup to reach that far with decent firepower and hold that range, then you should hopefully be OK.

Sansha Beast is able to TD at range of 84km so if theres none of them you´ll be lucky otherwise scorch or radio l nearly useless over 30 km.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#20 - 2013-04-11 11:00:44 UTC
Heavensend wrote:
scorch or radio

Found your problem. Fit Tachyons.
12Next page