These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Farmatar: Or why fw is totally broken

First post
Author
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#341 - 2013-04-10 13:28:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
Cearain wrote:

Just a question. If you get tired of chasing rabbits and dplexing why don't you just move to a low sec system outside fw? That is what amarr did.

This is the very definition of a broken feature/mechanic.

If you are serious enough playing FW, even to/from the point where you are trying to save a dieing side, you have to play from outside the FW systems. Surely this sounds as silly to everyone else?

Thats why i was against the lock outs from the start, just makes the snow ball of failure grow faster and gain more speed. It hurts the bored "winning" side, as much as the "losing" but trying very hard side.

"Losing the sov war? well now its even harder to fight back!" \o/

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#342 - 2013-04-10 13:36:21 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:
If all 4 warp in and stay together I would keep my distance and be sure to get 1 cycle of a td on each of them. Then just wait a bit. Since the minmatar were not together they will soon start arguing about who is stealing lp from whom. This will soon turn to combat and maybe even wardecs.

Wow, you even pvp like a farmer.

You and alu should lighten up. This is faction war.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#343 - 2013-04-10 13:38:28 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Just a question. If you get tired of chasing rabbits and dplexing why don't you just move to a low sec system outside fw? That is what amarr did.

To play FW to the point where you are trying to save a dieing side, you have to play from outside the FW systems. Surely this sounds as silly to everyone else?

Thats why i was against the lock outs from the start, just makes the snow ball of failure grow faster and gain more speed.

Unfortunately, camping a station undock is probably not a great stratrgy in any fw mechanic. Feel free to keep pointing fingers though.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#344 - 2013-04-10 13:41:38 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Unfortunately, camping a station undock is probably not a great stratrgy in any fw mechanic. Feel free to keep pointing fingers though.

wasn't pointing fingers and said nothing about station camping...

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#345 - 2013-04-10 13:44:01 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
Cearain wrote:

To play FW to the point where you are trying to save a dieing side, you have to play from outside the FW systems. Surely this sounds as silly to everyone else?

Thats why i was against the lock outs from the start, just makes the snow ball of failure grow faster and gain more speed.

As if that was ever a big problem for anyone with half a brain.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#346 - 2013-04-10 15:52:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Cearain wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Muad 'dib wrote:
Cearain wrote:

As if that was ever a big problem for anyone with half a brain.

Thats not the point. The point im making is that no mechanic is effective if people dont participate. Maud spent the months leading up to losing his system camping a station. In the same respect, no pvp'er is going to chase a farmer around just because of a notification.

I think, short of a few tweaks to make farming less effective when there is opposition, the current system is the lesser of many evils and offers many merits too.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#347 - 2013-04-10 16:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Thats not the point. The point im making is that no mechanic is effective if people dont participate. Maud spent the months leading up to losing his system camping a station. In the same respect, no pvp'er is going to chase a farmer around just because of a notification.

actually i didnt in the run up to inferno. The very small number of amarr fw players at the time, before and after the inferno announcement spent the last weeks plexing and flipping systems back and forth.

Since minnies already had a majority of systems when the inferno changes were announced many left amarr (due to assets and logistics) making the situation worse and many more randoms joined the strongest sides. If we didnt like being the underdog a bit and had standing issues we may have done the same too which would have ruined FW faster (perhaps we should have done this to prove the point).

I remember auga being flipped many many times. back then, 4 hours to flip then the other side wait till DT before they have a chance to flip it back.

I sure did camp the crap out of stations in dal and auga before because thats how you REALLY took control of a system, actually be there and be the dominant force. Then inferno hit and its all PVE alts doing all the 'work' while any attempt to hold a presence in any system is instantly made a billion times harder because you cant dock in it, or near it.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#348 - 2013-04-10 16:21:42 UTC
Now we have lots more militia gate camps and not as many station camps. Personally I prefer the station camps. At least you can do things like make insta undocks and/or keep some assets in a different station.

The instalock gate camps with the proliferation of ogb have made it so no casual player in low sec wants to risk anything larger than a dessie.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#349 - 2013-04-10 17:18:51 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Now we have lots more militia gate camps and not as many station camps. Personally I prefer the station camps. At least you can do things like make insta undocks and/or keep some assets in a different station.

The instalock gate camps with the proliferation of ogb have made it so no casual player in low sec wants to risk anything larger than a dessie.
Gatecamps are part of low sec. If there are more gate camps it's because there are more people in low sec. Also, instalocking gatecamps pwn dessies.

What doesn't make sense is for the enemy to be able to dock up in a system that they have lost.

Roundabout arguments aside, station lockouts are here to stay.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#350 - 2013-04-10 17:28:49 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Gatecamps are part of low sec. If there are more gate camps it's because there are more people in low sec. Also, instalocking gatecamps pwn dessies.

Gate camps and station camps are part of low sec. So what? That doesn't mean they are good. Gate camps pwn everything. Thats why so few pilots fly anything more expensive than a dessie.

X Gallentius wrote:

What doesn't make sense is for the enemy to be able to dock up in a system that they have lost.

Roundabout arguments aside, station lockouts are here to stay.

What doesn't make sense is that a 24th Imperial Crusade station won't let its own members dock.

Lock outs may be here to stay, they might not. They are still horrible.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#351 - 2013-04-10 17:31:47 UTC
Cearain wrote:
What doesn't make sense is that a 24th Imperial Crusade station won't let its own members dock.

I'm surprised the Minmatar haven't alreaday spray painted "Former" in front of the sign at the entrance of the station. Big smile
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#352 - 2013-04-10 18:01:11 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:

I sure did camp the crap out of stations in dal and auga before because thats how you REALLY took control of a system, actually be there and be the dominant force. Then inferno hit and its all PVE alts doing all the 'work' while any attempt to hold a presence in any system is instantly made a billion times harder because you cant dock in it, or near it.

Oh you mean the players actually prevented the enemy from using a station instead of having ccp do it for them?

It seems a few gallente are for requiring players to do all the boring work trying to track down rabbit plexers, but they want ccp to prevent enemy pvpers from living in the same system with them.

Thats really where the divide is. Some people want mechanics that help pvpers and hurt the pve plexers. Others want the opposite.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#353 - 2013-04-10 18:12:21 UTC
There's nothing stopping anybody from camping stations in FW systems. Put up the POS. Move your ships in. Have at it.

Oh wait, you meant "play station docking games". Yeah, can't do that any more. Sorry.
Major Killz
inglorious bastards.
#354 - 2013-04-10 18:55:15 UTC
Tried to join monkeys (gall mil alliance) with my 1 man corp and they rejected my app. I wanted to shoot from the other side for bit out of boredom. Sucks that CCP doesnt make that easier to do.

The whole faction standing mechanic thing is annoying. CCP should get rid of that. Now im forced to join amarr or caldari mil again because im to lazy to even ask to join someone else again. I DEMAND CUSTORMER SERVICE CCP!

- killz

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#355 - 2013-04-10 20:01:26 UTC
Major Killz wrote:
Tried to join monkeys (gall mil alliance) with my 1 man corp and they rejected my app. I wanted to shoot from the other side for bit out of boredom. Sucks that CCP doesnt make that easier to do.

The whole faction standing mechanic thing is annoying. CCP should get rid of that. Now im forced to join amarr or caldari mil again because im to lazy to even ask to join someone else again. I DEMAND CUSTORMER SERVICE CCP!

- killz

Your one map corp won't have the standings required to be in the gal mil - therefore if they accepted you the entire alliance would be kicked out of the gallente militia.

Average standings only apply to corp, not alliances.
Major Killz
inglorious bastards.
#356 - 2013-04-10 20:51:15 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Major Killz wrote:

- killz

Your one map corp won't have the standings required to be in the gal mil - therefore if they accepted you the entire alliance would be kicked out of the gallente militia.

Average standings only apply to corp, not alliances.

Interesting. I would ask about the whole averaging thing and how one person and a neutral character could hurt the overall average but I have no idea how it works and I dont really care. If it is like that then CCP needs to change that sh!t.

- killz

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#357 - 2013-04-10 21:01:39 UTC
"Summary of Entire Thread" by Juan Rayo: Link
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#358 - 2013-04-10 22:45:01 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

Yeah right, the intel channels are working great. We all agree that sov in over 90% of systems is decided by rabbits.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#359 - 2013-04-10 23:34:13 UTC
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

Yeah right, the intel channels are working great. We all agree that sov in over 90% of systems is decided by rabbits.

We need to convince the FW generals to implement a "clear and hold" strategy. This "clear and bail" strategy clearly isn't working. We must learn to constantly patrol these lightly populated areas and get to know the locals. Only then will be we able to wipe out these terrorist cells!
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#360 - 2013-04-10 23:54:16 UTC
Cearain wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

We all agree that no one cares about those 90% of systems. Working as intended.