These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WH "Coalitions" Blobs, Blue Lists, and bob.

First post First post
Author
Gary Bell
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#21 - 2013-04-08 13:09:08 UTC
Your name is glorious..
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#22 - 2013-04-08 13:13:59 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Gary Bell wrote:

Go in with good numbers and prove your skill.. hold back some caps and heli D*ck them in at the last minute to tip things in your favor.. But I mean honestly bringing 10 times the numbers to start is just lame.. IMO

Once we started hearing of TL getting on their bat phones is when we called in more people.

Are you sure your timeline is correct? Cause I smell confusion here...
And are you completely sure you didn't batphone people in advance cause of some desaster that happened earlier, trying this 'invasion'?
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#23 - 2013-04-08 13:17:10 UTC
Gary Bell wrote:

To point out I dident claim you guys specifically.. I just mean in general the first thought when you decide to pew someone is bring out all the things and rage at them with 400.. It would be nice if that wasent the first case..

Tbh there was this other big wormhole eviction attempt I was referring to.. Wink Wink.. Where the first thought was bring all the blues.. Then claim we are here for goodfites..

In your attempt though.. I honestly dont think there would have been so much defence responce if you hadent brought what you did.. Im pretty sure polarized could have done it alone easily.. and 1 v 1 in wormholes is something I think we would all like to see..

Fair enough.

To your 1v1 point though. BITTEN tried that and all it got them was a coalition showing up, so you'll forgive my skepticism when it comes to a siege staying 1v1.

No trolling please

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#24 - 2013-04-08 13:18:39 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:

And are you completely sure you didn't batphone people in advance cause of some desaster that happened earlier, trying this 'invasion'?

Considering I was there the entire op, I can say with 100% certainty that my timeline is correct. As far as a disaster earlier, I have no idea what that could have been.

No trolling please

Gary Bell
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#25 - 2013-04-08 13:43:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gary Bell
Yeah I am also pretty lost as to where he is going with that... And if you mean the hardknocks invasion? I am well.. Still lost so please enlighten me?

( And yes I know there wasen't actually 10 times the numbers, but bringing even 4 times the numbers like happened to us is lame.. Especially when you dont call friends to combat a coalition you just bring them to be lame..)
QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#26 - 2013-04-08 13:44:41 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:

Considering I was there the entire op, I can say with 100% certainty that my timeline is correct. As far as a disaster earlier, I have no idea what that could have been.

Lemme go ahead and refresh your memory.

Late October - Early Novemberish, An HK member trolls W-Space (the allaince) members to try and provoke a fight. The members were severely scarred by the borat jokes and LMFAO lyrics that were so repulsively spouted into local that they decided to come for revenge.

Last day of november, W-Space and No Holes Barred invade. They bring in a force of around 75 ish tech 3s and about 10-15ish caps. They were counting on the normal numbers that they had seen in our fleets through their scouting and spying work.

What they did not know was that we had recently shifted HK policies in a way to reward people with dreads or carriers. So the number of dreads we had in our hole was about 4x the amount they thought we had. On top of this, the invasion brought about unprecedented participation from HKs own members. (The day of the fight we had well over 90 people logged in compared to the normal 40 . This number includes alts.) And on top of ALL of this, we get a few VOC guys into our WH on our side.

So the attackers decide to call for help. They pull in about 15 Aharm guys. This brings the total number of hostiles in system to a little over 100.

However all of this was a moot point as on the final day of the attack, SSC opened up into us and bolstered our ranks by 40 subcaps and 3 capitals. We then moved to the static and got a null sec so that VOC and KILL could come in. This resulted in the largest and most expensive fight to ever take place in WH space.

The HK invasion showed 2 things.

1. 10 dreads no longer cut it for an invasion on a large and well established WH group.

2. If you are going to kick out a large and well connected WH entity, then you need at least 150-200 subcaps.

So what he meant by this was that you looked at the HK invasion and based your invasion kit off of those numbers. You then called even more people when the numbers we had MATCHED yours, forcing us to call in everyone else we could.

Did that clear your memory?
Gary Bell
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#27 - 2013-04-08 13:54:30 UTC
I know the hole story? Im just trying to figure out what this disaster is?
QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#28 - 2013-04-08 13:56:16 UTC
Gary Bell wrote:
I know the hole story? Im just trying to figure out what this disaster is?

If you look at our fight from the other side... its a disaster. And as you saw the quote, I was mostly talking to Bane.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-04-08 14:00:56 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

I think you confused discussing what's going on with other entities and actually requesting/receiving assistance. That's not good if you're a diplo.

Just sayin'

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#30 - 2013-04-08 14:01:20 UTC
I thought he meant disaster as in right before our op started, as in something went totally wrong. I would hardly call what happened with you guys a disaster. Thanks for clearing it up.

And again, I will restate what I said. The 110 man fleet was not the only fleet we were planning for. Several other major wh space entities were known to be chain rolling, looking for a route in. Seeing as how we had no contact with said parties, we could only assume they were either with you, or were just looking to whore on some mails. Either way, more people were trying to get in and they weren't with us.

In conclusion, based on the numbers you had in your defense fleet, plus the number of third parties that we knew about trying to get in, I would say the right call was made to bring in more people. That said, it really sucks that a bigger fight didn't happen. Having never lived in null, I have never been part of a "large" fleet fight. Would have been awesome

No trolling please

Gary Bell
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#31 - 2013-04-08 14:01:52 UTC
i FOUND IT TO BE GLORIOUS lol.. But yeah I am trying to figure out what lloyd roses is speaking to?
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-04-08 14:06:16 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

In conclusion, based on the numbers you had in your defense fleet, plus the number of third parties that we knew about trying to get in, I would say the right call was made to bring in more people. That said, it really sucks that a bigger fight didn't happen. Having never lived in null, I have never been part of a "large" fleet fight. Would have been awesome

Having lived in null for several years, I am glad it did not. I went to wormholes to escape massive fleet fights.

They were never fun.

Not a diplo. 

Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-04-08 14:45:36 UTC
blobs, blues, and structure grinding. ill pass
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-04-08 16:51:40 UTC
I keep seeing this "110" number...
Nurza Tzestu
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-04-08 17:45:49 UTC
Axloth Okiah wrote:
I keep seeing this "110" number...

Everyone who watched your video probably did aswell
Malady Jane
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-04-08 17:55:16 UTC
Can someone explain how evicting a PVP corp from a wormhole prevents them from participating in WH PVP?
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-04-08 18:00:35 UTC
Malady Jane wrote:
Can someone explain how evicting a PVP corp from a wormhole prevents them from participating in WH PVP?

no, they cant.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#38 - 2013-04-08 18:36:37 UTC  |  Edited by: QT McWhiskers
Quote:

This is all a purely hypothetical scenario so take it with a grain of salt.

So how does removing a PVP corp from WHs prevent you from participating in WH pvp? Well the answer is simple. Lets say that there are only 5 major entities in WH space. You are one of them.

You get it in your head that you want to evict another group of WHers that you PVP with every week. All good fights, some you win, some you lose. So you go in, you call on two of the other guys and you evict this guy.

You just reduced your PVP opportunities by 25 percent.

Now I know this scenario doesnt really translate well into eve because its using such a low number, but you get the message. The more people you evict, the less people you have to shoot. And if you evict everyone? Well congratulations you are victorious, you just killed off all of your PVP targets. You will NEVER pvp in WHs again in any meaningful capacity. You will only gank miners or the random low man site group. But hey, it doesnt matter right? You are victorious right? You won eve online, at least in WH space.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-04-08 18:51:03 UTC
"I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term Natural Selection"

~ Charles Darwin
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-04-08 18:57:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
Rek Seven wrote:
"I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term Natural Selection"

~ Charles Darwin

"You keep using that word. I do not think that means what you think it means."

~ Inigo Montoya

Not a diplo.