These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

RIVERINI for CSM 8

First post
Author
Xayder
modro
Northern Coalition.
#21 - 2013-04-05 19:03:45 UTC
Go Riverini Go

You have my vote

I don't always post, But when i post I do it with my main

corebloodbrothers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-04-07 10:20:10 UTC
To trash 30 candidates based on assumptions of people you dont know and portraying them the way you do, what does that say about your lack of votes in round 1 and your ability to teamwork with those 30. Greetz corebloodbrothers , csm 8 candidate
Frying Doom
#23 - 2013-04-07 10:28:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
corebloodbrothers wrote:
To trash 30 candidates based on assumptions of people you dont know and portraying them the way you do, what does that say about your lack of votes in round 1 and your ability to teamwork with those 30. Greetz corebloodbrothers , csm 8 candidate

I just read that

riverini wrote:
What about the others?

That’s really it. The rest of the candidates simply came out of the woodwork recently when they felt they had enough backing from their alliance buddies – where have they all been for the community during this past year? (Emphasis on the word community) I also can’t shake the feeling that a good deal of the remaining candidates are simply looking to either hook a job at CCP Games, see it as a”badge” in their chest or trying to hang out with devs for instagram’s sake. The CSM is a vocational calling driven toward the general EVE Online playerbase which is opposite to being in the CSM for the benefit of an specific alliance or powerblock or even personal gain. A lot of the realities of the CSM – as in being basically an unpaid job or being constantly scrutinised by the community – will come out sooner or later for each of these new delegates.

Trebor bashing is perfectly understandable, hell

That is not a I may have to work with these people post.

That is a I am trowing in the towel post. Thank god I didn't Endorse him.

Did anyone?

To say "The rest of the candidates simply came out of the woodwork recently when they felt they had enough backing from their alliance buddies" really shows he has no idea what goes on in EvE or these forums.

So anyone who thought about voting for him please see my signature below for suggested voting.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-04-07 11:05:12 UTC
Agreed with the two others. Just because the other 30 haven't been campaigning before the elections, doesn't mean they haven't been around. To say that a guy like Malcanis for example hasn't been here on the forums giving his input is downright moronic and just shows how clueless you are Riverini, or to say the same about the various WH candidates who have all been active in the community they represent, or the others for that matter. In fact there are very few candidates who truly came out of the woodwork, and pretty much all of those who did do just that, never made it to the final round.

In other words, anyone who thought about voting for him, just take a moment to think about what he's saying about that. He does not care about looking into the other candidates, he does not care that they're active in other ways than running a news site like he does, all he cares about is himself. If he's so out of touch with the communities he's supposedly going out there to represent, what makes you think he'll be any better in the actual CSM. I'd put a -1 here but I guess that's not really accurate at all as it was never a +1 in the first place.
Anunzi
Solace Corp
#25 - 2013-04-08 09:33:15 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Anunzi wrote:

Given the amount of vitriol direct at Rivereini and his site by large parts of the EvE community I was genuinely surprised to see this post. I was not expecting to see him run for CSM.
From a personal perspective I could not endorse someone who lacks objectivity, from the articles I have read on EN24 he has a very subjective view of the political landscape of EvE. This does not bode well for a CSM candidate.

I guess if Mittens ran again then you couldn't vote for him becuase he's " someone who lacks objectivity, from the articles I have read on EN24The Mittani DoT COM he has a very subjective view of the political landscape of EvE."

I know you hate him with all your bitter (and that is an awful lot of bitter) but I actually quite like Mittens, even though goons are paying cloaky campers to afk in our ratting systems right now…But that’s another story.

The simple fact here is that The Mittani creates content, he creates news and he raises the profile of EVE to the general public via the medium of the Goons and their crazy internet spaceship antics. People who have never played EVE have heard of him. That’s a great thing to have I think as it does attract new players.

He genuinely does want to see the game improve it seems, so I probably would have had him on my list had he ran again. Sadly he didn’t.

I'm not even going to comment on comparing EN24 and TheMittani.com. If you fail to see (through choice I assume) the vast difference between those sites then, well, :bitter:

"It was the way she said it, Rimmer, to rhyme with scum"

Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#26 - 2013-04-08 11:02:05 UTC
As an extremely new player in the Eve universe I will admit I am naive to a majority of Eve subjects.

However leading up to subscribing, I had found EN24 by my own means and it ended up becoming one of the big influences in my decision to join through reading its articles. Therefore I give credit (as I don't think I can vote) to Riverini for presenting me with my first look of Eve online without which I would possibly not be here.
Powers Sa
#27 - 2013-04-10 00:56:03 UTC
How do you feel about highsec freighter kamikazee/suicide ganks? This is a very important issue.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Hobgo Togenada
Tinfoil Hat Club
#28 - 2013-04-17 10:19:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Hobgo Togenada
Let's all vote for someone who listens to the player-base, JUST like how he listens to readers of his site!
He's not opinionated against anyone in EVE.
He has a complete grasp of the English language and grammar.
Openly helps the player-base by published a botting guide on his news site.
Can easily work with the other CSM candidates, remember he's not opinionated!
His site has a complete regard for facts.
Thinks that he can delete/modify/impersonate people and posts on the EVE forums, just like his website. With a CSM tag!
Believes censorship is the way to go!
Wants to install software onto viewers computers through the EVE forums, just like his website!
Supports WiS Panties and naked characters edition™
Thinks Theme park is the way to go with EVE.

I could go on, but I believe I've made my point!

Vote for Riverini,
YOU DON'T HAVE A HIDDEN AGENDA, THAT MUST SURELY MEAN HE DOESN'T!

!

Previous page12