These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 8 - Roc the Vote

First post First post
Author
Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2013-04-02 09:34:02 UTC
Aryadanika, thanks for having me.

Trebor, thanks for having me on your slate.

Malcanis, sorry you were disappointed with my interview on Voices from the Void. I hope you have a good campaign as I respect what you bring to the table.

Never start a fight you can win.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#62 - 2013-04-02 10:00:56 UTC
Roc Wieler wrote:
Aryadanika, thanks for having me.

Trebor, thanks for having me on your slate.

Malcanis, sorry you were disappointed with my interview on Voices from the Void. I hope you have a good campaign as I respect what you bring to the table.


To clarify: I hadn't heard your VoV interview when I made that post. I meant you sounded much more plausible in the interview that you came across in this thread. Your VoV was also good and you clearly made a very good impression on Dani.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Azami Nevinyrall
172.0.0.1
#63 - 2013-04-04 16:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
ROC has my vote!

I've met him IRL on several occasions, discussed EVE issues here and there.

He's very passionate about EVE, and has done alot outside the game.

Mainly his music, which is influenced by EVE. In his latest album, he's donating all the proceeds to charitable causes. Something no other candidate has done....to my knowledge.

...

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#64 - 2013-04-04 18:34:20 UTC
I strongly endorse this candidate! Good luck!!

Issler
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#65 - 2013-04-06 19:36:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
Well Roc,

Congrats on your qualification. You are the only candidate I endorsed, and also the only candidate likely to get a vote from me at this point. Which is sad. Now I can vote 14 times, and I can barely find one candidate to my liking. Oh, the irony.

Anyway, I would vote for you because I want someone with RP experience on the CSM. I also think that you get what you are supposed to do. Just going down this non-platform road again, depite the difficulties of getting elected without "picking a side", shows character.

I am sad to see that very few, if any candidates appear to represent the pro-WiS/Incarna players. I'm hoping that you'll contribute to the effort of keeping CCP from forgetting that they exist.

And I hope you get elected,

-Ché
Scooter McCabe
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-04-07 04:10:15 UTC
Hey Roc,

Couple of quick questions about your suitability for actually being on the CSM.

1. In your interview on CNN you refer to other EvE players as:

Quote:
We were all just a bunch of pathetic losers


The article then refers to everyone that plays EvE as a stereo typical geek. How is this good for the game's image and more to the point how can you claim to have the player base's interest at heart when you consider them to be "pathetic losers?" As a potential member of the CSM and public face of the game can we expect more of this if you are elected?

2. The article also goes onto state that:

Quote:
Roc's Ramblings that he writes for daily -- as Roc. He also creates music albums and 3-D artwork. He even sells Roc-related paraphernalia to his fans through the blog and social media sites.


How is selling "Roc-related paraphernalia" not a violation of intellectual property rights to your character? Does CCP receive royalties for your paraphernalia sales? Do you have expressed written consent excusing you to shill your EvE related products? Isn't it also CCP's policy to not allow players who have clearly violated the EULA to run for CSM?

From the EULA:

Quote:
Violation of CCP's proprietary rights is a material breach of the EULA, in the event of which CCP may suspend your Account, terminate the EULA and take whatever additional action CCP deems appropriate under the circumstance. The foregoing is without prejudice to or waiver of any and all of CCP's other rights and remedies, all of which are expressly reserved, survive termination, and are cumulative.


So what's the story Roc?

Sources:

Virtual reality: Avatar inspires gamer to hit the gym

EVE Online End User License Agreement
HYDROG3N
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2013-04-07 07:22:08 UTC
Why would you rip on Eve players if you are asking to represent us?

Shocked

Traitor.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#68 - 2013-04-07 07:55:08 UTC
HYDROG3N wrote:
Why would you rip on Eve players if you are asking to represent us?

Shocked

Traitor.


Its the same way Jesus would say people were evil or hypocrites but was also sent to save us.

Roc only tells the truth, and we are better for it.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#69 - 2013-04-07 09:48:52 UTC
Is this another one of those prequels?

http://www.wormholes.info

Frying Doom
#70 - 2013-04-07 09:49:37 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Is this another one of those prequels?

The End?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#71 - 2013-04-07 09:51:24 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Is this another one of those prequels?


This is the beginning, not a prequel.

The beginning of the end, and only the middle of the prequel.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#72 - 2013-04-07 09:56:36 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Is this another one of those prequels?

The End?


You know, Frying Doom, I never considered you a troll, but posting, with a sig with the candidates you endorse. In a candidates thread, that is not listed in your sig, does seem to be the epitome of trolling.

It has almost inspired me to do the same thing.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Frying Doom
#73 - 2013-04-07 10:22:58 UTC
rodyas wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Is this another one of those prequels?

The End?


You know, Frying Doom, I never considered you a troll, but posting, with a sig with the candidates you endorse. In a candidates thread, that is not listed in your sig, does seem to be the epitome of trolling.

It has almost inspired me to do the same thing.

Now how could I a mere voter possibly cause a candidates devoted followers to read my signature

Actually I have no proof that it will attract 1 vote at all. As last year I campaigned so much or that it does anything this year with the STV system.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2013-04-07 12:50:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Roc Wieler
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
ROC has my vote!


I appreciate your vote and hope you'll spread the word to Roc the Vote!

Never start a fight you can win.

Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2013-04-07 12:52:27 UTC
Che Biko wrote:

Anyway, I would vote for you because I want someone with RP experience on the CSM. I also think that you get what you are supposed to do. Just going down this non-platform road again, depite the difficulties of getting elected without "picking a side", shows character.

-Ché


I genuinely smiled when reading this. I believe in roleplay very much and am pleased to see someone gets my platform. I want to represent all of us, not a select few of us.

Thank you for your vote.

Never start a fight you can win.

Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2013-04-07 12:58:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Roc Wieler
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Some good questions


1. It was never meant as an insult. It was meant as a motivator. To myself and to others. Truth is, I wasn't in good shape. Neither was anyone else around me. I've changed that. That means anyone else can as well. I'm no better than any other player which is why I want to represent every player on the CSM.

2. Intellectual Property rights, etc. I'm not sure of the answer to this one honestly. If you look at my merchandise, none of it uses any "CCP verbage". There is no EVE Online stamp, no ingame words or graphics used, it's all inspired by EVE Online. Maybe that's the loophole? It could also be because I don't sell a lot and it's really just marketing for EVE Online anyway.

I hope that addresses your concerns. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Never start a fight you can win.

Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
The Network.
#77 - 2013-04-08 04:47:28 UTC
Came to this thread when I heard about bribes

wassup?

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Frying Doom
#78 - 2013-04-08 05:52:21 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Came to this thread when I heard about bribes

wassup?

No, No one mentioned bribes here.

But I did think of an interesting money making idea for next year, completely unrelated of course.

And because Roc has been a good spot I will add him to the signature.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#79 - 2013-04-08 10:28:38 UTC
I have removed some trolling from this thread.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-04-08 15:04:20 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:



And because Roc has been a good sport I will add him to the signature.


I better be able to laugh at myself because if I don't, someone else will.

Thanks for adding me to your slate. Much appreciated.

Never start a fight you can win.