These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

10 minute cyno

Author
Mistress Lilu
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-04-06 23:57:06 UTC
What is the purpose of having a cyno that lasts 10 minutes.
A covery cyno is 40 seconds yet a regular cyno is 10 MINUTES.
Can we change the length to something reasonable here, like 5 minutes.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2013-04-06 23:58:55 UTC
So that using a regular cyno has potential consequences?

You could also always, you know, use a ship with a bonus that reduces cyno time.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-04-07 00:01:40 UTC
Recons have 5 minute standard cynos just like you want. And as an added perk they use less liquid ozone. So use recons for all your cyno needs.
Frying Doom
#4 - 2013-04-07 00:02:04 UTC
It is so people have 10 minutes to blow you up

Or suckers have 10 minutes to get attracted to a cyno near POS guns.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Djana Libra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-07 00:12:42 UTC
use a recon and ur problem is solved
CENTUREAN
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-04-07 00:40:46 UTC  |  Edited by: CENTUREAN
The ten minute cyno is quite stupid. And everyone says "hurr hurr" htfu.

I personally use a 2 minute cyno alt. I light the cyno alt and immediately set self destruct. I then cyno in my cap fleet. I store 10 cyno fitted frigs in 1 of my carriers and use them as needed.

Do yourself a favor and get the bpo for frigs and cyno and bulk make your own.

1. The cost is nothing
2. You effectively nerf the 10 minute cyno.

A hostile system cyno entry is done differently but the method here is faster then "hurr hurr" htfu noob.
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#7 - 2013-04-07 00:43:29 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
So that using a regular cyno has potential consequences?

You could also always, you know, use a ship with a bonus that reduces cyno time.

Oh no I lost my noobship worth less than 2million isk! Consequences!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-04-07 00:45:55 UTC
So what if I want to have a ship jumping back and forth between two systems? Should I now be forced to use even more fuel in order to keep a cyno up?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

CENTUREAN
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-04-07 00:52:10 UTC
It has nothing to do with isk. .....

My 2 minute cyno (t1 cyno) is faster and cheaper than a force recon.... So....hurr hurr.....

It has nothing to do with isk... It's about simply having the stupid cyno ship+cyno+fuel where you need it when u need it.

I learned by moving a carrier across 5 hostile regions and running out of liquid ozone... Having to use an iteron alt through nullsec to refuel ozone and isotopes.

Wodensun
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-04-07 02:18:14 UTC
CENTUREAN wrote:

My 2 minute cyno (t1 cyno) is faster and cheaper than a force recon.... So....hurr hurr.....

It has nothing to do with isk... It's about simply having the stupid cyno ship+cyno+fuel where you need it when u need it.

I learned by moving a carrier across 5 hostile regions and running out of liquid ozone... Having to use an iteron alt through nullsec to refuel ozone and isotopes.

LOL shows how well you planned that huh... Roll

Do not give me likes them 101 likes arent a accident...

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-04-07 02:21:50 UTC
1. Easier to light: If you there is no danger in the cyno length being up so long, like being in your own sov, then there is no issue with it and you can get things moved a lot quicker.

2. Good for multiple "waves" of ships: If you need to move a lot of people around and can't do it all at once, but still around the same time, a normal cyno works well.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-04-07 02:28:35 UTC
Mistress Lilu wrote:
What is the purpose of having a cyno that lasts 10 minutes.
A covery cyno is 40 seconds yet a regular cyno is 10 MINUTES.
Can we change the length to something reasonable here, like 5 minutes.

Hey. Hey you. Look at the hull bonus on recons. You are welcome.
iskflakes
#13 - 2013-04-07 02:37:11 UTC
CENTUREAN wrote:

Stop being so cheap. Personally I have 10 rapiers in my carriers. Just pop one out, self destruct, and light a cyno in that. You'll save money on the ozone.

-

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#14 - 2013-04-07 04:20:46 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Light Cyno in Noobship > Jump to Cyno > Logoff Cyno alt.

Takes about 45 seconds if I'm on the ball (I'm usually not).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#15 - 2013-04-07 04:22:31 UTC
I use the prober ship for cynos. Cheap frigate with plenty of storage.

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Frying Doom
#16 - 2013-04-07 04:28:07 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

The wormhole version is much better

Fly into space=Light Cyno=Cyno fails=Try multiple times until something decloaks and kills you for being a foolLol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Othran
Route One
#17 - 2013-04-07 06:25:09 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

This. Also this is why current cyno mechanics are stupid. When was the last time you saw someone stupid enough to sit on the cyno for 10 minutes?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#18 - 2013-04-07 06:34:48 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Othran wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

This. Also this is why current cyno mechanics are stupid. When was the last time you saw someone stupid enough to sit on the cyno for 10 minutes?

When it was a Carrier lighting the Cyno to call in backup.
When it was a HIC lighting the Cyno to call in backup.
When it was a Commandship lighting the Cyno to call in backup.

The "unnecessary and annoying" 10 minute cyno timer exists for the same reason the "unnecessary and annoying" 1 minute online timer for POS guns exists. Because it's actually important sometimes, and the importance of those times outweighs the very minor annoyance of all other times.

The only difference is that you really can't get around the online timer, but you can easily get around the cyno timer (pop the noobship or logoff, depending on your situation).

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#19 - 2013-04-07 06:54:36 UTC
Disposable cyno alts is one of the stupidest things in this game.

Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#20 - 2013-04-07 08:15:14 UTC
Roime wrote:
Disposable cyno alts is one of the stupidest things in this game.

Even more stupid than suggesting a player sits on their main character and *does absolutely nothing* for 10 minutes?
12Next page