These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What makes EvE fun for you?

Author
Solhild
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-04-06 21:02:16 UTC
Sorrowsong Stenier-Tian wrote:
I actually have no idea. Half the time I am waiting for skills so I can compete at least on an even keel with veteran players.
Most of the time it is pretty dull. Oh well.

I have a couple of chars on nearly 80 million s.p. each and have just as much fun on alts with less than a million sp.
Solhild
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-04-06 21:13:08 UTC
On a serious note, I enjoy EVE because of:

The social aspect
Industry (PVP)
PVE
when we plan our PVP it's easily first, great buzz!
If we're victims, PVP is last and seriously annoying, still a great buzz!

Personally, I'd love much more effort to be put into graphics and immersion.

Extending the game onto a browser for iPad etc. would be good so I can change skills, play with fits etc.
Market stuff outside of the client is probably a bad idea.
Silvara Nocturn
Nocturn Industries
#23 - 2013-04-06 21:38:12 UTC
The Stories...
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-04-06 21:45:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
The annual "Women Of Null Sec" calendar... keeps me coming back every time. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#25 - 2013-04-06 21:48:42 UTC
Neptune Phantom wrote:
Is it

The social aspect?
Pewing?
PvE ?
Industry ?
Marketing?

would be interested to see.

The people.

EVE as a game is pretty sub-par, even now. EVE as a social construct is incredibly compelling and addictive.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#26 - 2013-04-06 21:58:16 UTC
Immersion. It allows me to forget my life. That's the closest to fun I can get these days.
Holgrak Blacksmith
Prophets of Motav
#27 - 2013-04-06 22:33:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Holgrak Blacksmith
I logged in today to find the SOV holder next door had awoxed us. The sandbox is king.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-04-06 23:21:52 UTC
Those 10 seconds of locking another ship and trading fire before popping...Bear

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-04-07 00:30:16 UTC
The fact I can do other **** like watch Netflix while I ice mine.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Sam Chadelanne
Battle Toad Brigade
Ribbit.
#30 - 2013-04-07 00:46:14 UTC
I would have to say finding people that like do to a lot of the stuff in eve so you can get a taste of everything

-.-. --- -- .--. .- ... ... .. --- -. / .- -. -.. / -- . .-. -.-. -.-- / .- .-. . / . .- .-. -. . -.. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. .. ...- . -.

Cam Mikaels
Infinicraft Industries
#31 - 2013-04-07 01:25:01 UTC
Mining chat. The [REDACTED] that goes on there.....let's just say it's not a good day until someone (me usually) runs screaming for the brain bleach. Smile

Oh....and PLEX.

New Infinity dev blog: _http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=123&Itemid=49_

Man of many Mackerels.

Frying Doom
#32 - 2013-04-07 01:29:49 UTC
CSM bashing for failure to communicate is right up there. So CSM 7 was a gold mine for me.

You listen to them whine about the NDA, and you think "Strange the other CSMs were not so hampered"

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

xarjin
International Speciality Machines
#33 - 2013-04-07 01:33:22 UTC
Not having my efforts into character development made obsolete every time i login.

Nothing makes me feel more unwanted as a subscriber than a game progressing by adding more gear i'll never ever use.
archon o'v
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2013-04-07 01:49:30 UTC
playing at my leisure and no one breathing down my neck
Frying Doom
#35 - 2013-04-07 01:59:01 UTC
archon o'v wrote:
playing at my leisure and no one breathing down my neck

Are you slacking off typing on the forums?

BACK TO MAKING THE CORP MONEY.Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#36 - 2013-04-07 02:02:43 UTC
Nothing, really - it's just a habit.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-04-07 02:13:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredfredbug4
Pew pewing and socializing with the people pew pewing with you is probably the most entertaining aspect. Though I find a lot of things fun in EVE.

Though, I will never understand how shooting rocks with tiny lasers is entertaining, but to be fair shooting structures isn't that different and at least you get paid for mining.

I like the immersion the best though. The game really makes you feel like you are part of it and that it will still persist whether you are online or not.

The lore is a lot of fun too, few games have a storyline so deep and still frequently updated. The myriad of factions play into it pretty well. A lot of sci-fi games have a "Space Whatever" aspect to it but aside from the Amarr being "Space Romans" it's rather difficult to attribute one thing in our world to a faction in EVE.

Nullsec politics is rather entertaining as well, both to take part in and to observe.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-04-07 02:13:24 UTC
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-04-07 02:29:50 UTC
Politics.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-04-07 02:36:02 UTC
Skill based system, not level based.

Used to playing MUDs, where the reward isn't a level, it's mastering a skill that takes years to accomplish, with the rewards it can offer.

Where tradeskilling is truly a mastercraft.

I do the stuff what others claim is too time-consuming or difficult, and profit from it. Lazy players = worthwhile entertainment.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Previous page123Next page