These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[SCL W2 D1] Ask a Dev: CCP Soundwave

Author
Arydanika
The Order of Thelemic Ascension
The Invited
#1 - 2013-04-06 16:41:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Arydanika
For Weekend 2 of the Syndicate Competitive League, we're hosting CCP Developer guests during studio time between matches and the SCL Studio Team wants your questions! Post questions you want to ask CCP Soundwave in this thread. Our Studio Team is watching and picking out the best questions to ask, so make sure it's a good one! Questions will be asked and answered during the studio segments for the SCL, so be sure you're tuned in!

Runner of Voices from the Void podcast, Eve Online Pod Pack & DJ on eve-radio.com Sundays at 1800.  Organizer of the ATX Eve Online Meet. ♥

luckyccs
That Hole Over There
#2 - 2013-04-06 17:42:36 UTC
Q: Will you buy me a beer at fanfest?

Furthermore - what do you avoid doing at fanfest, such as not eating dead rotten shark or shouting "the drinks are on me" when drinking with CCP (large bar tabs ftw)
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#3 - 2013-04-06 17:54:39 UTC
In general I'd like to hear more about the cryptic mention of rebalancing and shaking up "high - low - null" balances upcoming in the expansion. I'd also like to know if there are any plans to change the way intel is acquired in EVE (e.g., changes to local).
<3
Jassmin Joy
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#4 - 2013-04-06 19:05:59 UTC
Which pony is best pony? (my little pony)
Night Epoch
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-04-06 19:32:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Night Epoch
Okay, this sounds stupid and really unimportant in the scheme of things, but:

I really like the volumetric lighting we see in Incursion systems (meaning the "god rays" / "corpuscular rays" coming from the sun in the system).

Might it be possible in the future to have the option of enabling this graphics effect on all systems? It's a nice easy way to add immersion to the experience.

fits in nicely with the Odyssey "exploration" theme. The tech is obviously already in game, so it should be pretty easy to implement.
Quontor Zarrkos
Island Monkeys
#6 - 2013-04-06 19:33:51 UTC
Q With the rebalance of resources coming in odyssey, at what scale do we have to expect it?

• Will goons lose their tech moons? Will other regions get tech moons as well?
  • I assume there's gonna be changes to truesec? or is it going to remain?
  • Is the goal to stir up nullsec a bit? (big wars breaking out instead of everyone being blue to each other)
  • Am I thinking too big and is it more aimed at creating new exploration sites, making some new stuff, rebalancing some old stuff.
StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#7 - 2013-04-06 20:00:39 UTC
Alliance Bookmarks???/????????

New Wormholes?

will there be More exploration in wormholes and intern more isk for doing said exploration?
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#8 - 2013-04-06 20:02:20 UTC
Say more about this New "Spacescape", will it add, remove industrial resources or what ?

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude