These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New to EVE .. my thoughts so far

Author
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-04-06 08:31:08 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

They say the first rule of EVE is not to trust anyone, but if thats the case you're going to have a lonely experience playing EVE.

Don't trust anyone is NOT the same as don't speak to anyone.

It just means you shouldn't be blindly following anything he says or give him stuff and expect something back.

I always encourage new players to talk to other people too. Even when I'm giving them a Q&A 1-on-1 conversation, I highly encourage they also take their questions to others / a public channel like help or local.

Why, because multiple answers are always better then one single answer. My answer, unintentionally, will always be biased by my personal preferences, personal experience in EVE and my personality. So by getting multiple answers, you can pick out the ones that are incorrect, you can pick out the parts where other people were slightly wrong and you can make a more real picture about the answer without all the small biased things in it.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-04-06 11:06:13 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:

They say the first rule of EVE is not to trust anyone, but if thats the case you're going to have a lonely experience playing EVE.

Don't trust anyone is NOT the same as don't speak to anyone.

It just means you shouldn't be blindly following anything he says or give him stuff and expect something back.

I always encourage new players to talk to other people too. Even when I'm giving them a Q&A 1-on-1 conversation, I highly encourage they also take their questions to others / a public channel like help or local.

Why, because multiple answers are always better then one single answer. My answer, unintentionally, will always be biased by my personal preferences, personal experience in EVE and my personality. So by getting multiple answers, you can pick out the ones that are incorrect, you can pick out the parts where other people were slightly wrong and you can make a more real picture about the answer without all the small biased things in it.

This is true...

I didn't mean it quite how you understood my thread post. But either way, your reply to my post is quite beneficial to new players so it's all good Big smile

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2013-04-08 04:44:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
I'm impressed by the attitude of the newbie posts in this thread. It's good to see newbies that are enjoying the challenge of Eve.
If you ask relevant questions in this sub forum, on the whole you will get informative and helpful answers, I do however urge you to go through the first few pages just to check if your question has come up recently. We're all willing to help in here, but we can get somewhat terse when we seem to be answering the same questions day in and day out.

Good luck newbies, fly safe, or not Pirate

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Max Crysis
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-04-08 09:12:10 UTC
I've never played a PC game before EVE. I mostly played console games but I must admit I'm hooked on this game. I like the open sandbox aspect of it. I like the fact one can do numerous things, not stuck in one class/career.
Previous page12