These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Aritcle in the Mittani

Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-04-05 12:55:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
...Bing...

Malcanis + Goonies again!

He might as well come out of the closet and be honest about himself.

You're making very little sense right now. What should he be honest about? What does he have to do with the goons? What does Microsoft have to do with any of the above?

BACON!

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Frying Doom
#42 - 2013-04-05 12:56:41 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

BACON!

Where?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#43 - 2013-04-05 12:58:47 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

BACON!

Where?

In my omelette. Yum.
Yeep
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-04-05 13:18:19 UTC
I'd put my article in The Mittani iykwim
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2013-04-05 13:26:19 UTC
Tippia wrote:
In my omelette. Yum.

Are you ever going to put in a submission

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#46 - 2013-04-05 13:33:23 UTC
Andski wrote:
Tippia wrote:
In my omelette. Yum.

Are you ever going to put in a submission

For tm.com? Eh… maybe if I get worked up enough about something. Others have already articulated things I'm annoyed by better than I would, and they can do it with more regularity.

Ask CCP for another P2W/no-content/screw-the-loyalists/in-fact-screw-all-customers expansion, or another screw-up of basic UI design, and I might start spitting out angry columns… P
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-04-05 13:34:53 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
The Mittani is like reading The People's Daily or Pravda. Sure it maybe interesting sometimes, but there is quite a bit of propaganda and bias for obvious reasons.

Ok Captain Tardbar, you've clearly never read TMC.

There are representatives writing for TMC from all over the EVE Universe, those who are enemies of Goons, those who don't care about Goons and those who are in Goons and write about general topics in EVE. In the writers list you have people from all the major null sec blocks, low sec piwates, faction warfare guys and wormhole dwellers.

Now of cause I'm going to defend the TMC, not because I'm in GSF or because I'm a writer for it (I do World of Tanks, and I'm not in a Goon affiliated Clan), but because its actually quite a good news site for various games, provides objective arguments and counter arguments which are well written, well put forward and well edited from all sections of EVE Online and the games that EVE players also enjoy.

Dave Stark
#48 - 2013-04-05 13:34:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ask CCP for another P2W/no-content/screw-the-loyalists/in-fact-screw-all-customers expansion, or another screw-up of basic UI design, and I might start spitting out angry columns… P

well if they **** up the new scanning interface...
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-04-05 13:37:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Zim
Tippia wrote:
For tm.com? Eh… maybe if I get worked up enough about something. Others have already articulated things I'm annoyed by better than I would, and they can do it with more regularity.

JOIN THE COLLECTIVE

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

RIP Vile Rat

Caldari Citizen 1897289768188
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#50 - 2013-04-05 13:48:54 UTC
Andski wrote:
i don't quite get it, do people just read internal alliance updates on TMC and decry it as propaganda despite the disclaimers at the top saying "look this was meant for internal consumption, take it with a grain of sand"

or do they not read anything there because they're afraid of our mind control

Simple…People don’t like goons. They don’t like what they stand for they don’t like how they exploit every aspect of the game, they don’t like how they have no respect for game or the gaming community.

I feel certain there are good people within the goon organization (spies), but you choose who and how you align yourself. Keep turning a blind eye to the blatant exploiting and disrespect for the game and the gaming community and you are just as guilty by staying part of that organization.
Frying Doom
#51 - 2013-04-05 13:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Caldari Citizen 1897289768188 wrote:
Andski wrote:
i don't quite get it, do people just read internal alliance updates on TMC and decry it as propaganda despite the disclaimers at the top saying "look this was meant for internal consumption, take it with a grain of sand"

Simple…People don’t like goons. They don’t like what they stand for they don’t like how they exploit every aspect of the game, they don’t like how they have no respect for game or the gaming community.

I feel certain there are good people within the goon organization (spies), but you choose who and how you align yourself. Keep turning a blind eye to the blatant exploiting and disrespect for the game and the gaming community and you are just as guilty by staying part of that organization.

Yes there are good people within Goonswarm.

Those that read TMC, got mind controlled and joined the Goons.Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-04-05 13:53:00 UTC
Caldari Citizen 1897289768188 wrote:
Andski wrote:

You're free to read that other drek instead, if that's filled with enough bias and goonhate to satisfy you. vOv

RIP Vile Rat

Caldari Citizen 1897289768188
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#53 - 2013-04-05 13:56:28 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
James 315 wrote the sametype of posts here, I don't remember anyone bitching about CCP brainwashing anyone then.

Oh I wasn't talking about brain washing, but I am sure if I had read all of that one I would have been a mindless zombie.

I try to avoid reading anything by Jimmy 315. Proven fact it causes IQ's to drop several points.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#54 - 2013-04-05 13:59:38 UTC
read the article, and it's by far one of the best "buff hisec" ideas in a long time...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Frying Doom
#55 - 2013-04-05 14:03:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Velicitia wrote:
read the article, and it's by far one of the best "buff hisec" ideas in a long time...

8 pages written by him, not a hope in hell. I scanned the first page and he could have saved the time by writing "More of the same"

Turelus
Utassi Security
#56 - 2013-04-05 14:19:39 UTC
You know, I'm waiting for someone to say they don't read TMC but read EN24 because it's not biased Roll
Also I'm laughing so hard at this thread and can't wait to tell Svetlana she is now a member of Goonswarm and write dirty Goon propaganda for them! Lol

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Svetlana Scarlet
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#57 - 2013-04-05 17:11:21 UTC
To the original poster, I'm glad you liked the article, and I'm glad it's generated discussion both on the comments page and elsewhere. That was the whole idea.

To those of you who think I am a Goon propagandist...well, I don't really have anything to say about that. I'm not a member of the CFC, I've never been a member of the Goons, I don't have a SA forum account...whatever. Even if I had though, it wouldn't change the value of the article. Either you find the articles I write interesting and worth talking about, or you find them boring pablum. If they are the latter, then I've failed as a writer, and if that's what you think then I think you should a) tell me why you didn't like the article and b) feel free not to read any of my future articles if that's what you choose.

To those of you who seem to have me confused with James315...uh, well, I am not him. If you're going to be at FanFest you can feel free to find me in person to convince yourself, if you like. But I think if you read my article, you'll find my ideas aren't really anything like his (and my article is about half as long).
Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2013-04-05 17:32:09 UTC
Only a James 315 alt would deny being a James 315 alt.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#59 - 2013-04-05 17:37:33 UTC
turmajin wrote:
Ive just read a very good article in the MITTANI ....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whew!

I'll post more when I catch my breath.

Mr Epeen Cool
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2013-04-05 17:39:22 UTC
Don't ever catch your breath.

RIP Vile Rat