These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Hauler or Miner needed

First post
Author
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-10-30 14:08:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Opie Winston
EDIT: Heck - let's open this up to miners too. I'm looking for 1 or 2 new people that I can help get their Industrial career started.

I need a hauler that I can put to work most nights. To start with, you'd be running ore from the asteroid belt to the station, and as the trust grows, I'll have other things for you to haul as well. I need someone who is on most nights from 0100 ish to 0400 ish eve time. This is 8 pm to 11pm US Central time. It doesn't have to be every night, but more often then not would be appreciated.

This is a perfect opportunity for a new player. I can say this with confidence as this is how I started out 2 years or so ago. If interested, please send me an eve mail, stop by the chat room NQSupply. This is a public chat room I have for a different purpose, but there's no reason it can't be used for this.

Hope to hear from someone!
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2011-10-30 14:10:34 UTC
join a corp.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Keno Skir
#3 - 2011-10-30 15:16:13 UTC
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-10-30 15:38:08 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
join a corp.

Helpful. Thanks.
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-10-30 15:39:40 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Whats the pay?

It can be negotiated. What are you thinking?
Flakey Foont
#6 - 2011-10-30 16:26:45 UTC
These guys are honest and reliable:

Red Frog
Justin Credulent
Luv You Long Time
#7 - 2011-10-30 18:52:53 UTC
Make an alt.

Null-Sec needs to HTFU and stop crying to CCP. If null-sec wants PvP, they need to stop being carebears and start fighting eachother - after years of bot-mining, they have the ships!

Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-10-30 19:48:59 UTC
I see we have a bunch of helpful folk on these forums. Wow.

I'm not looking for Red Frog, not looking for a corp, not looking for another alt. What I'm looking for is a newer player who enjoys hauling and wants some work. If that's you, look me up.
Justin Credulent
Luv You Long Time
#9 - 2011-10-30 20:02:57 UTC
Watch out bro. People around here don't like attitude. Someone might threaten to pop your virtual spaceboat. Roll

Null-Sec needs to HTFU and stop crying to CCP. If null-sec wants PvP, they need to stop being carebears and start fighting eachother - after years of bot-mining, they have the ships!

Lukriss
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-10-31 00:30:43 UTC
Opie Winston wrote:
I see we have a bunch of helpful folk on these forums. Wow.

I'm not looking for Red Frog, not looking for a corp, not looking for another alt. What I'm looking for is a newer player who enjoys hauling and wants some work. If that's you, look me up.

The thing is, mining is already the worst way to make isk in the game, so you wont be able to find anyone who'll haul for you at a cost that mining will cover.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#11 - 2011-10-31 00:59:52 UTC
Lukriss wrote:
The thing is, mining is already the worst way to make isk in the game, so you wont be able to find anyone who'll haul for you at a cost that mining will cover.

Forming social connections is just as important as making ISK. This might be a low-paying job, but at least it's a simple way for new players to get involved in an industry "on the ground floor". It might lead to better work later, or perhaps Opie Winston is a clueless businessman who intends to make his fortune mining veldspar. Who knows?

Networking and building social connections — the player, real life skill, not the character's in-game skill — is important in an MMO.

As to the suggestions about Red Frog: they are a freight company, not a menial ore hauler.
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-10-31 01:07:59 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Lukriss wrote:

Forming social connections is just as important as making ISK. This might be a low-paying job, but at least it's a simple way for new players to get involved in an industry "on the ground floor". It might lead to better work later, or perhaps Opie Winston is a clueless businessman who intends to make his fortune mining veldspar. Who knows?

Networking and building social connections — the player, real life skill, not the character's in-game skill — is important in an MMO.

As to the suggestions about Red Frog: they are a freight company, not a menial ore hauler.

Big smile
Keno Skir
#13 - 2011-10-31 03:36:50 UTC
I asked what the pay was, if you give a quote for the job you might get more replies.
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-10-31 05:00:04 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
I asked what the pay was, if you give a quote for the job you might get more replies.

Different people have different motives, and believe it or not, there are some folk that are motivated by things other than isk. Due to this, the payment arrangement will be negotiated between the hauler and myself. Furthermore, the value of something, including one's time, is entirely subjective. I could give a number, and to some it would be like winning the lottery, and to others it would be a slap in the face. So if you're hung up on how much the isk will be, you tell me the number, and I'll tell you if it's worth it to me.

I'll pay whomever I find to help me; but truth be told, if isk is the most important thing to you, then you need not reply. I want someone I can trust; not someone I'm going to constantly be wondering if I'm paying enough. I want to help a relatively new player who enjoys hauling, as someone helped me in this fashion when I started. I'm going to pay it forward. Until I find that person, I can and will haul the goods myself. I'm in no hurry.

If you're that newer player - contact me!
Anshio Tamark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-10-31 07:35:19 UTC
Opie Winston wrote:
I need a hauler that I can put to work most nights. To start with, you'd be running ore from the asteroid belt to the station

So you're saying you need someone to take your ore? Just be aware that they won't give it back to you when it's in the station.

Opie Winston wrote:
and as the trust grows, I'll have other things for you to haul as well.

This is EVE. Trust is such a rare resource that you shouldn't bother with it, until you've been in a player corp for months.
Alysane
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2011-10-31 09:51:24 UTC
Anshio Tamark wrote:

So you're saying you need someone to take your ore? Just be aware that they won't give it back to you when it's in the station.

This is EVE. Trust is such a rare resource that you shouldn't bother with it, until you've been in a player corp for months.

One of my first jobs was hauling for another player in our NPC corp. He had 4 BS miners and needed a hauler, i volunteered to do it in my Iteron, he offered to pay me $10M an hour to haul, which came out to about 1/4th of his profit per hour. So, yes, trust is an issue...i couldve either stolen his ore, or exchange it for the agreed upon wage for 25% less, but in the process gain trust and the opportunity to make more isk over time.

Some people would have stolen it for the quick profit, but that means they have to constantly be searching for new scams, and building a negative reputation in the process. All i had to do was haul for 4 days, and that wouldve gotten me the same amount of isk as i wouldve gotten from stealing that first days haul, and developed some trust in the process.

But, to each his own i guess.
Neve Talie-Ko
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2011-10-31 11:19:16 UTC
There are often circles within circles.

Mr. Winston, I wish I were available to apply for your hauling job. I recently came into possession of an Industrial and was looking for a way to make it work for me. Unfortunately, our times do not coincide. Your proposal has reassured me about something I was beginning to worry about, however.

Yours in twenty-day wonder,
Neve Talie-Ko
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-10-31 21:51:04 UTC
Position still available.
Opie Winston
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-11-01 20:59:20 UTC
Original post edited.
Shaharana
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-11-01 22:13:16 UTC
This should either be in recruitment or want ads. You have an established business and you should know better than to use this particular subforum.
12Next page