These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Odyssey Patch Speculation Thread

First post
Author
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#21 - 2013-03-30 02:24:33 UTC
would like pledge 20b

@JerryTPepridge

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-03-30 02:25:43 UTC
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:
I sunk 125b into patch speculation already.

The target has yet to be mentioned in the thread. Pirate

Think I can guess.

Hint: it's a type of ship.

Nope!

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-03-30 03:44:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Degren
Sisters scanning equipment short term.

POS fuels and POS mods...though I wouldn't enter it. No clue what their ideas are, but I'm guessing more people will want POSes and I'm guessing a lot of moons are getting switched around.

Hello, hello again.

Mercur Fighter
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-04-03 03:52:57 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Think I can guess.

Nope!

Guidance System?????
Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#25 - 2013-04-03 20:50:51 UTC
Mercur Fighter wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Think I can guess.

Nope!

Guidance System?????

Buying up all the cheap tracking enhancers as the nerf will not hurt them near as much as expected.

Seems many players are trying to offload them while players still want them.
sci0gon
Kaira Innovations
#26 - 2013-04-03 21:07:45 UTC
Kara Books wrote:
im thinking new minerals being hinted at will certainly cause a commotion, if these vague rumors are true.

idk if this will happen tbh, if anything there may be changes to the belts based on system levels like for example you may get something like jaspet in 0.5 systems, its just speculation though so don't quote me on it.
OllieNorth
Recidivists Incorporated
#27 - 2013-04-04 04:28:37 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
would like pledge 20b

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jerry's 20b pledge has summoned me from my grave. Look upon your end, MD, and despair!

Or, more accurately, I got bored of not EvE and am back. Hey all!

[a spec/manip/Jerry pledge thread seemed an appropriate place to say hi again]
Fergus Runkle
Truth and Reconciliation Council
#28 - 2013-04-04 10:56:48 UTC
Organic Mortar Applications

and

Self-harmonizing Power Cores

for all those personal hangar arrays that will be built.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#29 - 2013-04-05 22:11:15 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Think I can guess.

Nope!

Knowing your trading habits just a little bit, im going to say its a type of processed moon goo...
Id like to go into detail but, I admit to have dabbled a bit of my liquid ISK a few types myself.
Uppsy Daisy
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-04-05 22:41:24 UTC
How about virtue implants, sister's probe launchers and probes?
Halvan Zan
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-04-05 22:47:49 UTC
What impact will Dust 514 have on the markets.. their expansion in May will bring in clone creation on their planets, and the winners will process the 'biomass' from the losing team. Will biomass Eve-side play into the clone creation?

It is also set up to increase (by a large margin) the number of orbital strikes allowed. Orbital ammo?

When the region is announced this will take place within, things will get interesting there in a hurry. The large alliances from null sec have large alliances within Dust already - I suspect there may be a little more action in those systems will get pretty interesting and trade will spike.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-04-06 22:12:09 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Think I can guess.

Nope!

Amongst other items of note, there was that certain BUY order in Jita for about 8-9 days involving a very generous price for at least 5 million units of a certain material.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#33 - 2013-04-06 22:25:23 UTC
Well if its only speculation..

The tech pooh is sort of obvious, and already mentioned.

I might want to get rid of some PI materials to, since I might suspect they could go and surprise us with a bit of tweaks on that one..

From some of the remarks from CSM members I think some very unexpected things could be entering. usually flashy does not make most CSM types very excited, and they sounded pretty excited..

SOV tweak maybe? New access to Jove or some new space is already dropped as a speculation..

I listened to a roundtable podcast over at lost in EVE http://www.lostineve.net/..

They seemed to be talking quite a bit about economy more than I recall hearing before, especially as a connection to null.. So some taxing system maybe, and reduction of direct dependence on null resources?

I suspect they may be bringing out economy and pricing as a solution to many issues in this one, so everything could be up in the air.. Since ccp seem to want to reduce isk faucets and strengthen sinks. I think I would like to hold liquid isk rather than put money in anything.. The volatility that follows should be ripe for surfing and thus needing isk mainly..

DUST integration does make me interested in vehicles and arms, that I would suspect would move from npc to players at some coming point... if not in current shape, maybe as materials for production for DUST?

Just a few thoughts..

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-04-07 04:16:13 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Callduron wrote:
mynnna wrote:

Think I can guess.

Nope!

Amongst other items of note, there was that certain BUY order in Jita for about 8-9 days involving a very generous price for at least 5 million units of a certain material.

You could not have made this post more vague. What?

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-04-07 11:06:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
I was speaking of Contiesta's order for Tungsten Carbide armor plate -- nice little money maker for a few days.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

GreenSeed
#36 - 2013-04-07 23:41:33 UTC  |  Edited by: GreenSeed
posting to state the obvious.

anyone who didn't buy mountains of navy and pirate ships as soon as the first wave of t1 re balances was done over a year ago should not post in this forum ever again. the time to buy was in the last 2 gallente cashouts before the fw nerf... the way things are going now im expecting at least a 800% return in investment

any advice to buy navy ships, bpcs, or tags is completely moot now.... people have been doing it for over a year. im myself sitting on a few thousand navy ships, well over 2k navy vexors, and yeah i over did it there... but the fw people were using them as throwaway ships... i couldn't help it. all i did was set up buy orders in lowsec hubs and i moved my crap when a system was in lockdown, even safer than buying in highsec.

this is my first massive scale investment and im sure some treasurer from a certain lolsec alliance will claim he has over done me a thousand times over... but i don't care. :D

i mean seriously, if you didn't see it coming years ago, you should go back to that other game whose name we don't mention.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-04-08 00:52:24 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:

anyone who didn't buy mountains of navy and pirate ships as soon as the first wave of t1 re balances was done over a year ago should not post in this forum ever again. the time to buy was in the last 2 gallente cashouts before the fw nerf... the way things are going now im expecting at least a 800% return in investment

any advice to buy navy ships, bpcs, or tags is completely moot now.... people have been doing it for over a year. im myself sitting on a few thousand navy ships, well over 2k navy vexors, and yeah i over did it there... but the fw people were using them as throwaway ships... i couldn't help it. all i did was set up buy orders in lowsec hubs and i moved my crap when a system was in lockdown, even safer than buying in highsec.

this is my first massive scale investment and im sure some treasurer from a certain lolsec alliance will claim he has over done me a thousand times over... but i don't care. :D

i mean seriously, if you didn't see it coming years ago, you should go back to that other game whose name we don't mention.

Good work Cool

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-04-08 12:43:54 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:

confirming that having high stack counts in your ship hangars will likely pay off in the not so far future. also wts 2500 navy slicers Bear

I should buy an Ishtar.

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-04-09 17:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Soundwave talked quite a bit about how he'd like ice to matter more in the dev video cast today. Cool

e: People look to be moving on BS tiericide speculation too. Nocx and zyd are the canaries...

Samroski
Middle-Earth
#40 - 2013-04-09 18:26:30 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Soundwave talked quite a bit about how he'd like ice to matter more in the dev video cast today. Cool

e: People look to be moving on BS tiericide speculation too. Nocx and zyd are the canaries...

He wants ice to be more like oil, where the flow is controlled by few, and fought over. Though, from the discussion it appeared unlikely that (these) ice changes will make it to this patch. Nevertheless, best to stock up on ice and related products asap.

Any colour you like.