These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

phpBB 3.x API Registration Mod v6+

Author
Nathan Rees
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-10-25 07:19:53 UTC
Got a brand new forums up and ready to go into action. Cant wait to release it with this shiny mod on it.

You are my hero.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#22 - 2011-10-25 11:26:20 UTC
Sjet Idahon wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

This function will be for ServerGroups only.
Problem with channelgroups is that they apply to each individual channels. In other words, to implement that, I will need to implement your whole TeamSpeak server setup.

Whats with Teamspeak on MySQL Database? Or is it impossible too?

Type of TeamSpeak database doesn't matter.
And it's not impossible, but inpractical.
Fredan
Doomheim
#23 - 2011-10-25 13:29:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredan
Sjet Idahon wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

Problem with channelgroups is that they apply to each individual channels. In other words, to implement that, I will need to implement your whole TeamSpeak server setup.

My guess is that this script is on a TS server with MySQL backend, so it does not need to interact with serverquery for everything.... but not required.

And, BTW, TBH, I belive that the thing about channel groups in the server would not solve your problem, as the TS permissions system works like a hierarchy, a single one, with groups of users or individual users being 'tagged' higher in that hierarchy, but in no way there are different ladders, so you cannot allow something like:

Channel A for reserved issues
Channel B for corp 1
Channel C for corp 2

And allow corp 1 to only join channel B only for example. But if you need it, you can make that corp 2 members cannot join corp 1 channel.

That can be done even without a SQL backend.

Other solution is to have each corp join a different virutalserver, and run some kind of 'echo' daemon, so if someone calls people from other corps they would hear them without invading their channel, however this is a intensive task and needs many resources (specially when communications are triggered). Also, the number of processes is exponential.....
Sjet Idahon
Relentless Steel Trading Company
#24 - 2011-10-25 13:46:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Sjet Idahon
Fredan wrote:
Sjet Idahon wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

My guess is that this script is on a TS server with MySQL backend, so it does not need to interact with serverquery for everything.... but not required.

And, BTW, TBH, I belive that the thing about channel groups in the server would not solve your problem, as the TS permissions system works like a hierarchy, a single one, with groups of users or individual users being 'tagged' higher in that hierarchy, but in no way there are different ladders, so you cannot allow something like:

Channel A for reserved issues
Channel B for corp 1
Channel C for corp 2

And allow corp 1 to only join channel B only for example. But if you need it, you can make that corp 2 members cannot join corp 1 channel.

That can be done even without a SQL backend.

Other solution is to have each corp join a different virutalserver, and run some kind of 'echo' daemon, so if someone calls people from other corps they would hear them without invading their channel, however this is a intensive task and needs many resources (specially when communications are triggered). Also, the number of processes is exponential.....

There are no problem with the Teamspeak Rights, i have set the usergroups and all work fine, the only problem is, to manually move the users into the groups. So it would be very nice if a api tool could do this automatically.
Ulthary Chinmay
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-10-29 23:52:18 UTC
so any news on when we get it.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2011-10-30 01:50:58 UTC
This evening, EVE time.
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#27 - 2011-10-30 12:37:38 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
This evening, EVE time.

*Leaps out of his chair in excitement*

Arguing with strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they inevitably turn out to be, or are indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Ulthary Chinmay
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2011-10-30 14:56:22 UTC
and btw we talked about a option to get directors in a corps a special group where you said its was impossible to get roles from titles where i have been reading about it and learned you can get both titles and roles giving from tiles from the membertracking.xml
Fredan
Doomheim
#29 - 2011-10-30 15:35:29 UTC
You would also then need full api keys from the ceo or a director (with the director role)
Ulthary Chinmay
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2011-10-30 19:48:05 UTC
Fredan wrote:
You would also then need full api keys from the ceo or a director (with the director role)

that would be the smallest problem. most CEO's would like to use a corp key instead of a account key to get the extra function
Fredan
Doomheim
#31 - 2011-10-30 20:19:50 UTC
Ulthary Chinmay wrote:
Fredan wrote:

that would be the smallest problem. most CEO's would like to use a corp key instead of a account key to get the extra function

Yeah, if it is handy and easy I guess every ceo would in the end do that.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#32 - 2011-10-30 23:05:07 UTC
Ulthary Chinmay wrote:
and btw we talked about a option to get directors in a corps a special group where you said its was impossible to get roles from titles where i have been reading about it and learned you can get both titles and roles giving from tiles from the membertracking.xml

I've read upon it aswell, but I'm not convinced yet that the roles you get from titles are calculated in.

Regardless, it would still be a problem to implement this in 32-bit PHP (in other words 99.9% of the webservers), due to 32-bit INTEGER limitations. On top of that it would be another layer of complexity making the MOD not only bigger, but alot slower aswell.
Morgenholt Blue
Swift Redemption.
#33 - 2011-10-30 23:09:02 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
This evening, EVE time.

This still going to happen?
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#34 - 2011-10-30 23:10:10 UTC
Morgenholt Blue wrote:
Cyerus wrote:
This evening, EVE time.

Yup yup, think I got about 45 minutes left Big smile
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#35 - 2011-10-30 23:48:40 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
Morgenholt Blue wrote:
Cyerus wrote:
This evening, EVE time.

Yup yup, think I got about 45 minutes left Big smile

Ok, checking back at 23:55 Smile

Arguing with strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they inevitably turn out to be, or are indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#36 - 2011-10-31 00:14:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyerus
Found an issue where 'systems' using BBcodes were not correctly linked.

*EDIT:
Fixed!, and mod is released.

Have phun Cool
Malukker Ornulf
Doomheim
#37 - 2011-10-31 01:55:49 UTC
Cyerus wrote:

*EDIT:

Have phun Cool

I don't have much experience with the module system but I don't see any of the modules in the dropdown menu as shown on the 3rd screenshot.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#38 - 2011-10-31 01:59:21 UTC
Malukker Ornulf wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

*EDIT:

Have phun Cool

I don't have much experience with the module system but I don't see any of the modules in the dropdown menu as shown on the 3rd screenshot.

Which version of phpBB are you using? Did you upload the files in both pre_edit and new_files directories?
Malukker Ornulf
Doomheim
#39 - 2011-10-31 02:01:52 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
Malukker Ornulf wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

*EDIT:

Have phun Cool

Which version of phpBB are you using? Did you upload the files in both pre_edit and new_files directories?

3.0.9, yes & executed sql files on datebase.
Cyerus
TEMPLAR.
The Initiative.
#40 - 2011-10-31 02:05:35 UTC
Redownload the package, should be fixed Cool