These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Odyssey summer expansion: Starbase iterations

First post First post
Author
MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#121 - 2013-04-02 17:04:04 UTC
I am Nick's happy face Cool

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Malcorath Sacerdos
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2013-04-02 17:05:25 UTC
Here my feedback and some questions.

Normal members viewing the structure only see their own items, in the same way as when someone views the contents of a planetary customs office.

ok intresting. but what about publicly avaliable stuff?

Corp directors have the ability to see what members have items in the hangar, but do not have the ability to take or place items from/in the hangars.

Again what about Publicly owned stuff ?

No limit on the number of characters that can use the structure, but storage is limited per character. The exact per-character volume is undecided but we are currently considering a range from 10,000m3 to 40,000m3.

Very intresting. if i wanted a functionability similar to a Open tab ( open for all members ) and a drop box ( a place for members to drop stuff being sold to the corp ) in this hanger would this be possible?

If a member leaves the corp, his or her items are left in the structure but cannot be accessed unless the player rejoins.

and why not let the CEO be able to acess stuff owned by players no longer apart of the corporation?

If the structure is destroyed, it drops some but not all of the loot contained within.

as expected

♥ malc
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#123 - 2013-04-02 17:06:00 UTC
I am so full of happy about this. I live out of POSes, I have set up and taken down POSes, and while there are a lot of things that this won't make better, there's so much that it will. It will tide me over until the next round, at least.

Two minor nitpicky questions that I hope the devs are thinking about:

1. Accessing guns. Those are not technically inside the shield, and previously loading guns required you to make your ship vulnerable to attack. It's a small thing, but we've had some real fun with people who set up imposing death stars but didn't load all their guns and had to motor out of their shields to do it. I can go either way on this. On one hand, it makes the setup WAY less tedious. On the other hand, it takes away a fun way that people can be stupid. The POS operator in me is going one way and the POS attacker is going completely the other, but do think about it and let us know which way it's going to go.

2. SMAs and this "Access from anywhere inside the shield" shtick. Are we going to be boarding our ships from across the POS? That's cool and all, but also has real bugtastic potential.

Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Interesting... Does this mean if the POS is offline, or online without a shield, you cannot access any materials in any starbase structures because there is no shield to be "within"?

The only structure you can access in an offline POS is the tower itself, so that just comes down to fueling. I assume it will just default back to the usual access distance? The online-without-shield question is also something I would like CCP to think about.

Also, for the love of god, get this stuff on Sisi as soon as you can. There is so much potential for catastrophic bugs that this needs to get as much testing as possible before release.
Unforgiven Storm
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#124 - 2013-04-02 17:07:57 UTC
Why prevent a director from robbing people stuff, if he cannot rob hes going to do the second best thing, imagine the tears of just go there and unanchor this new Corporate Hangar Array and the best part is that there will be no logs. He can do this and still stay in corp and nobody will know who did it.

Twisted

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

Rekkr Thorgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#125 - 2013-04-02 17:09:14 UTC
All of this looks great; thanks for making an effort to fix some of the worse parts of living in WHs. I really hope the personal SMA makes it into the summer release, but even without it this will be a major improvement.
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#126 - 2013-04-02 17:11:52 UTC
LtCol Laurentius wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
These changes are a good temporary measure to alleiviate some of the worst aspects of dealing with and living out of POS.

But they're not a substitute for a proper POS rework. Sooner or later that will have to be done.

Agreed, but "the perfect is the enemy of the good". CSM7 worked very hard to help CCP squeeze out the most bang-for-buck for the development resources available.

CSM8 will have to keep the pressure on to ensure that as CCP develops its longer-term plans, a revamp of starbases is in the roadmap.

These changes seem primarily focused on the WH usecase (not surprising given the CSM active member composition). I'm not saying they wont affect other POS users in a positive way as well, but the industrialist user might consider these changes pretty underwhelming.

Oh well, here is hoping for some clickfest reduction for Christmas.

if you read the main blurp about the upcoming changes with Odessey, they specifically announce that industrial changes are also in the works, just be patient for the forum thread.
Oreamnos Amric
New Jovian Exploration Department
New Jovian Collective
#127 - 2013-04-02 17:14:02 UTC
Malcorath Sacerdos wrote:

Normal members viewing the structure only see their own items, in the same way as when someone views the contents of a planetary customs office.

Corp directors have the ability to see what members have items in the hangar, but do not have the ability to take or place items from/in the hangars.

Um, how about you don't put publicly available stuff in a private hanger, genius.
Oreamnos Amric
New Jovian Collective
#128 - 2013-04-02 17:15:50 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:

Seriously, read the initital dev blog... if they were going to make CSAs available to WH residents, then they'd have put in the blog that the sov requirements on those would be going bye bye too!

Because CCP always put all changes in a dev blog?
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2013-04-02 17:16:24 UTC
another side note, but relevant to all of this....
no where has it said that the CEO won't be able to have normal full access to everything in his POS.
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#130 - 2013-04-02 17:17:54 UTC
Oreamnos Amric wrote:
Pelea Ming wrote:

Seriously, read the initital dev blog... if they were going to make CSAs available to WH residents, then they'd have put in the blog that the sov requirements on those would be going bye bye too!

Because CCP always put all changes in a dev blog?

They put all major changes in them, and I'd imagine that something like this would qualify as pretty major.
Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#131 - 2013-04-02 17:18:15 UTC
Awesomeness :)

Could you add something like looking in all labs/CHAs/whatever for the items regarding R&D jobs? Scenario is, having something like a research output, and for some jobs (especially inventions) some input materials are needed, which currently has to be in the lab with the selected slot. It'd be a relief if we could have such things in any labs, or even better, anywhere within the POS's storage arrays (whatever has a cargo).

Also, could you please take a look into those remote R&D jobs? We'd love to be able to use them on POSs, for starting jobs, without an outpost/station in the system. Also, copy slots being usable in a cross-corp/private manner would be nice.

Keep on the good work :)

Oreamnos Amric
New Jovian Collective
#132 - 2013-04-02 17:20:38 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:
no where has it said that the CEO won't be able to have normal full access to everything in his POS.

I'm afraid CCP Fozzie did

CCP Fozzie wrote:

Letting directors and/or CEOs access the member's sections of the PHA is not going to be within our scope for the first iteration due to technical limitations
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#133 - 2013-04-02 17:22:36 UTC
Oreamnos Amric wrote:
Pelea Ming wrote:

I'm afraid CCP Fozzie did

CCP Fozzie wrote:

Letting directors and/or CEOs access the member's sections of the PHA is not going to be within our scope for the first iteration due to technical limitations

missed that, ty, and then I pretty heavily disagree with it... can understand waiting on directors having access, but the CEO?
kyrieee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2013-04-02 17:24:52 UTC
Already the best expansion in ages
Malcorath Sacerdos
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2013-04-02 17:25:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcorath Sacerdos
Oreamnos Amric wrote:
Malcorath Sacerdos wrote:

Um, how about you don't put publicly available stuff in a private hanger, genius.

i read that this wont replace the CHA sp those functions will still work as is. wich makes my points moot ;) and alsomakes this change awesome!
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#136 - 2013-04-02 17:26:18 UTC
Thanks for the clarification on the CMSA vs the CSAA. Big smile
Oreamnos Amric
New Jovian Collective
#137 - 2013-04-02 17:26:55 UTC
Pelea Ming wrote:

missed that, ty, and then I pretty heavily disagree with it... can understand waiting on directors having access, but the CEO?

It appears to be a technical limitation rather than an actual design feature. I can live with it as long as it's iterated on as soon as possible.
Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#138 - 2013-04-02 17:28:06 UTC
Wow nice work CSM and CCP. Sure hope all these features get through to the summer release. These enhancements should bring a smile to every WH resident in the game.

Suggestions:

- Give players the option to allow directors to access to their hanger. Or even better, only certain directors or pilots.
- Make sure enhancements to current corp hangers, gets replicated to the new player hangers. For instance I was not sure if I could repackage items in the new proposed player hangers?
- Try to get the player ship hangers out :). I know I know, give them in inch they ask for a mile. Just saying how nice it would be.
- Perhaps have various sized player hangers (small -10,000m3, medium 25k, large 50k).

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Kel hound
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2013-04-02 17:31:57 UTC
Quote:
Accessing starbase arrays from anywhere within the shield

Would it be correct to assume this means that doing trivial, but time consuming and important tasks like resupplying starbase turrets with ammo can now be done from anywhere inside the PoS?

Quote:
Removing the sovereignty requirement from Capital Ship Maintenance Arrays

heres hoping I won't continue to see 50 goddamn orcas on D-scan every time I log into the home system because of this one.

...Fozzie if you had boobs I think I would be in love at this point. P
Pelea Ming
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2013-04-02 17:32:14 UTC
Lady Zarrina wrote:
Wow nice work CSM and CCP. Sure hope all these features get through to the summer release. These enhancements should bring a smile to every WH resident in the game.

Suggestions:

- Give players the option to allow directors to access to their hanger. Or even better, only certain directors or pilots.
- Make sure enhancements to current corp hangers, gets replicated to the new player hangers. For instance I was not sure if I could repackage items in the new proposed player hangers?
- Try to get the player ship hangers out :). I know I know, give them in inch they ask for a mile. Just saying how nice it would be.
- Perhaps have various sized player hangers (small -10,000m3, medium 25k, large 50k).

They did say that repackaging would be input.