These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

(Moderators, Please Lock Thread) To those miners and missioners who wish to be left alone.

First post
Author
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#1 - 2011-10-31 00:51:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Henry Haphorn
This is to all the players out there who think that just because they are mining or missioning, that they are entitled to some kind of immunity from the gankers who gank them.

Let me enlighten you with something. Ganking is part of the game. I don't care if you don't like that statement. Just because that statement is rude doesn't mean it's not true. We have all been conditioned from the beginning of this game's birth to believe that every player is fair game to all others. It's been posted by CCP many times over. We've seen the clues embedded in the trailers (The incursion trailer as well as the butterfly effect trailer). There were many events that occurred during the past 4 years alone that gave hints to the true nature of Eve Online. In fact, it took a New-Eden-wide event like Hulkageddon and now the recent Goonswarm attack on ice miners to make it blatantly clear to us.

Nowhere in New Eden is 100% safe.

Do not fly around in what you cannot afford to lose or protect.

We miners are hard working individuals that ensure that there is a constant stream of minerals needed for ship production. However, there are many miners like me who feel that destruction is so important to our bottom line that we even welcome gankers to try to attack us for whatever purpose they like. After all, this also helps the bottom line of those who spend time building mining ships in the first place who then have to spend ISK buying the minerals we mined for. The same could be said for missioners who look forward to the adrenaline rush they get from being attacked by a mission ganker.

Even the forum makes it adamantly clear that ganking is part of the game and that destruction is necessary for the Eve economy. For those of you who took the time to train up to a Covetor to mine or to a Raven to mission in, then obviously you had to have taken the time to read up on the forums and notice that Eve, even in highsec, is a dark and cruel world. If players are more than willing to go as far as commit corp theft, scam other players, and even manipulate the market, then surely they will no doubt try to gank miners and missioners.

So don't expect CCP to hold your hands and protect you (let alone reimburse what you lost from a gank) because they are the one who told us that each of us is fair game. If you want a game that allows you to grind and mine without interruption, you're in the wrong game.

HTFU or GTFO.

EDIT:

The post above has been edited to meet the EULA standards. A couple of posters here enlightened me that "griefing" is against the EULA, but "ganking" is not. I like to thank those posters for reminding me.

Adapt or Die

Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-10-31 00:53:06 UTC
This man is an example for carebears everywhere. Bravo sir. Bravo.

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#3 - 2011-10-31 00:53:44 UTC
this too shall pass.

CCP decided to kiss a little ass and now every scrub in the game is lining up with their pants down.
Embrace My Hate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-10-31 00:54:47 UTC
Amen
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#5 - 2011-10-31 00:57:02 UTC
Embrace My Hate wrote:
Amen

*Henry looks at the name...

*Henry smiles.............

Adapt or Die

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#6 - 2011-10-31 00:57:11 UTC
sorry double post

Adapt or Die

Aggressive Nutmeg
#7 - 2011-10-31 00:57:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Aggressive Nutmeg
Henry Haphorn wrote:
This is to all the players out there who think that just because they are mining or missioning, that they are entitled to some kind of immunity from the griefers who gank them.

Don't disagree, but... Do we really need another thread on this?

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#8 - 2011-10-31 01:00:26 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:

Do not fly around in what you cannot afford to lose or protect.

Never heard that one before.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Vricrolatious
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#9 - 2011-10-31 01:05:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vricrolatious
Aggressive Nutmeg wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:
This is to all the players out there who think that just because they are mining or missioning, that they are entitled to some kind of immunity from the griefers who gank them.

Don't disagree, but... Do we really need another thread on this?

Actually, yes we do if only to counter the constant stream of "Gankers should be banned" and "Remove PvP from highsec" threads.

The man that posted this thread gets EVE.

I also like that he encourages people to attempt to kill people if only to make a profit when those people need to buy gear.

Profits from war and death? I approve!

Also... Aggressive Nutmeg? Sounds like something I'd put in Scotch to make Eggnog (not knocking the name, rather dig it!)

WIDot, Best Dot, Even Sans Dot! -Vric

The Apostle
Doomheim
#10 - 2011-10-31 01:18:28 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
.....[insert thread title #987,543,234 here]......

And you fly in highsec because.......?

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Barbelo Valentinian
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-10-31 01:26:48 UTC
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#12 - 2011-10-31 01:33:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Henry Haphorn
The Apostle wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

To escape the politics of nullsec alliance. Too much drama while I was there and I got tired of being forced to change to a new corp every time my old corp left the alliance.

By the way, I got attacked about three times in highsec recently during the past two or three weeks. The danger of mining in highsec is hardly different from mining in nullsec. Only difference is that nullsec allows you to see who is red and who is blue.

EDIT:

PS: Number of times I got attacked in nullsec as a miner during a one year period: Two.

Adapt or Die

Jita Alt666
#13 - 2011-10-31 01:34:26 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

He is a miner. Reading comprehension there bro.
Jita Alt666
#14 - 2011-10-31 01:36:09 UTC
Barbelo Valentinian wrote:

Five words:
Quoted for lack of relevance.
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#15 - 2011-10-31 01:37:11 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:

Five words:
Quoted for lack of relevance.

Actually, I think that syndrome makes sense.Lol

Adapt or Die

The Apostle
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-10-31 01:42:01 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

So he says. Any player that is HAPPY to have fire rain down on their heads is either a masochist or flat-out lying.

I call "don't make my griefing too hard for me" troll post.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Jita Alt666
#17 - 2011-10-31 01:45:48 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Henry Haphorn wrote:

So he says. Any player that is HAPPY to have fire rain down on their heads is either a masochist or flat-out lying.

If he was a griefer and he was meta-gaming by posing as a miner who likes the current system - how is that a troll?
Justin Credulent
Luv You Long Time
#18 - 2011-10-31 01:47:32 UTC

Quoted for truth and relevance.

Quote:
This man is an example for carebears everywhere. Bravo sir. Bravo.

The funny thing is, the real carebears are the ones attacking defenseless miners.

If a an unarmed man runs from a fight wherein his assailant has a knife, who's the real coward?

I mean come on, you're not fooling anybody.

Miners are hard working, industrial persons upon which all of EVE depends. People who make it a point to mess with Covetors in hi-sec "for the lulz" and then try to hide behind the (very thin) defense that "nowhere in EVE is safe" are cowardly carebears trying to push responsibility and blame for their own behavior onto a third party (CCP, "game mechanics", or the miners themselves.)

Get real, no one is buying it. If you grief in hi-sec and/or attack miners, you're a carebeard, period.

PS to the OP: If you really care about people's "bottom lines", i have a bottom line that could use a donation of ISKies from you.

Null-Sec needs to HTFU and stop crying to CCP. If null-sec wants PvP, they need to stop being carebears and start fighting eachother - after years of bot-mining, they have the ships!

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#19 - 2011-10-31 01:48:18 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

I can pull out my certificates if you want.

Oh, I never asked griefers to take it easy on me. Just ask those who ganked me (ask Guillaume LeConquerant for a reference).

Adapt or Die

Vricrolatious
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#20 - 2011-10-31 01:52:55 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
The Apostle wrote:

I can pull out my certificates if you want.

Oh, I never asked griefers to take it easy on me. Just ask those who ganked me (ask Guillaume LeConquerant for a reference).

[04:48:48] Henry Haphorn > Sounds like you guys drew a good amount of tears

^^Had to do a quick search on our boards, but yeah, you've been around during a few transactions Pirate

WIDot, Best Dot, Even Sans Dot! -Vric

123Next pageLast page