These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Farmatar: Or why fw is totally broken

First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#141 - 2013-04-02 13:45:56 UTC
Perkin Warbeck wrote:
Cearain wrote:
They need to make the game such that the most effective way to win sov for your militia is to stand and fight instead of always running and hiding. The timer rollbacks and notifications will do that.

Timer rollbacks and notifications won't make anyone care about sovereignty and they will not stop farmers.

Yes it will because fw soveriegnty will no longer be the broken carebear race it is now. No one cares about fw sov because it is broken. Once it is fixed and it becomes a fun/good game more people will want to win it.

If you ever roam you will find that only about 1/3-1/5 of systems have someone plexing in them at any given time. That means that a notfication system would make policing your space at least 3-5xs as efficient. Combined with the effect of timer rollbacks means that it will become more efficient to stay and fight for a plex than it is to run and hide in a different plex.

Perkin Warbeck wrote:

No one is going to rush from Arzad to Avenod because Farmer X has opened a novice plex and I know that most PvPers will never stick around in a system to chase cloaky, stabbed alts out of every plex let alone run them all down.

Nice strawman. Why would someone from Arzad go to avenod? Avenod is indeed pretty out of the way but even so it is only 1or2 jumps from 7 other systems. So if a militia had a single pvper in any of those 7 systems they could make sure that the rabbits don't capture that system.

The guy in arzad would be 1-2 jumps from 9 systems so he would likely have his hands full pvping for sov in that area.

The notifications (combined with a rollback mechanic) would give the plexers in each militia enough efficincy that they would only need about 10 active pvpers spread out in the warzone to effecively stop all hide and seek plexing.

Perkin Warbeck wrote:

Timer rollbacks just delays the farmers job a little..

Its unclear how much of an impact this will have. Its possible that delay in farming will turn the tide such that fw sov will be most efficiently done in a pvp ship. I tend to doubt that and think they will also need to do notifications. But we shall see.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#142 - 2013-04-02 13:56:03 UTC
David Devant wrote:
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
Machiavelli's Nemesis wrote:
*poasting in amarrtard weeping thread*

Didn't see you complaining about farming when amarrs held most of metro and the whole auga/dal constellation due to the farmarr alt horde.

Maybe your shoes have strategically placed spikes so they make you weep piteously only when you put them on the other foot or something.

Hypocrite.

i know you meant to say "when amarr held metro due to minmatar giving up on plexing for a few weeks"

http://rust-in-pieces.org/kills/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=31905

Proof that you are the werst

only 10 people on my lossmail im the werst

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#143 - 2013-04-02 14:00:40 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
Cearain wrote:
GavinGoodrich wrote:
There's too many systems for the # of people living out here to handle like it's WW2 or a game of risk or something.

there are 170 systems and about 1900 fw players. The problem isn't too few players but its too few pvpers.
GavinGoodrich wrote:

There are plenty of areas in the "warzone" during any major war where a single shot was never fired, a life was never taken. Even in a gaming environment, hell *especially* in a gaming environment, it's no different! Expect areas to be quiet, expect other areas to be hot. Who cares if 17 backwater systems never see a shot fired? That's part of war, and that's a part of this game too! Everybody wins if we can all make isk and get pvp in the areas we actually care about.

Hell...post-retribution has seen more lowsec pew pew than i've seen when FW first came out and there were hundreds fighting hundreds. It's GREAT right now. Maybe a tweak here and there like a timer rollback, but overall this is way way better than it was

Its really more like 10 base systems and no one cares about the other 160 systems.

Yes I agree that low sec is much better now than it was before. But fw sov is still broken.

Sov is only broken in places.

The Cal/Gal warzone is way too big.
It's hard to care about a FW system that's so far away you might only go there once a year.

Notifications would make pvpers about 3-5xs as efficient as they are now. Combined with the added inefficncy carebears would get from a timer rollback and we would have what we need. Namely fw sov would be more efficiently done if you can stay and fight for your plex instead of constantly running and hiding.

About 10 pvpers could prevent rabbits from flipping systems in the entire caldari gallente front, if they had notifications and a timer rollback mechanic. They could spread out and would generally be only 3 jumps from any system. Hence they could effectively shut down any rabbits that are not willing to stay and fight.

IbanezLaney wrote:

However - in the main base systems - the sov war is fought by pvpers.
So FW sov does work if the conditions are right.

Even in the base systems there are players defensive plexing with alts. Even in the main base systems you can run a plex and never get a fight. They will just wait until you leave and get their defensive plexers out there. I posted the killmails of the stabbed ships in these systems people supposedly care about but that appearantly violates the rules.

Faction war used to have players who liked the sov system because the side that didn't have enough players to outblob the other side could spread out in the warzone and do some damage.

Now we only hear that there are 3-5 systems that everyone trys to outblob the other in and the other 90% of space is farmville. Null sec lite has arrived.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#144 - 2013-04-02 14:47:46 UTC
No it wouldn't, most people would just turn the notifications off to prevent the constant annoyance. FYI people don't give a **** about sov unless they live there. A notification system will not change that.

Cearain wrote:

Notifications would make pvpers about 3-5xs as efficient as they are now. Combined with the added inefficncy carebears would get from a timer rollback and we would have what we need. Namely fw sov would be more efficiently done if you can stay and fight for your plex instead of constantly running and hiding.

About 10 pvpers could prevent rabbits from flipping systems in the entire caldari gallente front, if they had notifications and a timer rollback mechanic. They could spread out and would generally be only 3 jumps from any system. Hence they could effectively shut down any rabbits that are not willing to stay and fight.

nom nom

Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#145 - 2013-04-02 14:54:05 UTC
Bear
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Again a "kill all farmers thread".

FW is still broken like hell.
I changed militia from amarr to caldari. I really got sick with farmatar militia.
And what do I see in cal/gal fw? Farmatars everywhere. And do not tell me that are all alts.
There are enough farmatar from well known minnie (sometimes even pvp!) corps (epta, true horde).
I know CCP give a damn f... about fw actually. But the system is so broken that it really hurts.
Everywhere are stabbed runaway minmatars farming the hell out of the warzone. Yes I mean the cal/gal warzone! Because these nasty cicadas have alredy farmed amarr/minmatar warzone down.
PVP has almost absolutely NO influence on warzone control
So CCP made fw like a war you win the best without fighting and where the best solution is to run away.
That is damn /&%"&/ยง

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Edit: YES I AM RAGING!!!! I see here sometimes more minnies than gals in cal/gal fw. The difference is the gals somtimes fight and the minnies run away.

Edit2: To Mnemic: Next gate camp you can make in cal/gal wz. There are more minnies here than in amarr wz^^

I told you. Cool
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#146 - 2013-04-02 15:02:08 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
No it wouldn't, most people would just turn the notifications off to prevent the constant annoyance. FYI people don't give a **** about sov unless they live there. A notification system will not change that.

Cearain wrote:

Again the reason people don't care about winning sov in fw is because it's broken. If it were fun and a good game people would try to win it.

Even if most people turned the notifications off that wouldn't matter. We don't need 10 thousand people. As long as about 10 people on each side kept them on and spread out in an organized way the rabbit plexing would end. If you could filter the notifications to give you notices of say 3-5 jumps then there would likely be many times that number keeping them on. They would be the ones getting the most frequent and best pvp.

You could continue to camp gates in sensor boosted thrashers, or whatever, so there is no need to be so negative. P

Ginger Barbarella
#147 - 2013-04-02 15:04:21 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:

Cearain wrote:

I don't think Cearain quite gets the fact that those notifications will, indeed, just be shut off (just llike that Safety nonsense). More efficient? Not in the slightest. There are some who INTENTIONALLY light up every plex in surrounding systems before they start plexing, just to keep the hunters, FW or not, busy for a while. Find enough empty plexes and they either just move on or break out the probes (in which case they can be seen). Light 'em all up, and you NEED a crap-ton of people in systems with more than two plexes. You guys want Easy Button boolsh!te (like notifications and such) to make your work easier, people like me will INTENTIONALLY do what we can just to spite you. While I don't farm, your whining to CCP for Easy Button crap just makes me want to scream the opposite.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#148 - 2013-04-02 15:15:45 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Princess Nexxala wrote:

Cearain wrote:

I don't think Cearain quite gets the fact that those notifications will, indeed, just be shut off (just llike that Safety nonsense). More efficient? Not in the slightest. There are some who INTENTIONALLY light up every plex in surrounding systems before they start plexing, just to keep the hunters, FW or not, busy for a while. Find enough empty plexes and they either just move on or break out the probes (in which case they can be seen). Light 'em all up, and you NEED a crap-ton of people in systems with more than two plexes. You guys want Easy Button boolsh!te (like notifications and such) to make your work easier, people like me will INTENTIONALLY do what we can just to spite you. While I don't farm, your whining to CCP for Easy Button crap just makes me want to scream the opposite.

You misunderstand how notifications would work. They would work to tell you where timers are running not just where plexes are open.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#149 - 2013-04-02 15:22:21 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Again the reason people don't care about winning sov in fw is because it's broken. If it were fun and a good game people would try to win it.
Chasing rabbits is not fun. So, how do any of your proposals make chasing rabbits fun?
Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#150 - 2013-04-02 15:23:57 UTC
Best Pvp from farmers? How so?

There would be no pvp, just noobs chasing farmers out of plexes. That "fixes" nothing. I could see systems nobody cares about not flipping every week, but how is that even a problem? Not to mention it's entirely dependent on some dense idiot willing to spend hours chasing farmers around.

Cearain wrote:

Even if most people turned the notifications off that wouldn't matter. We don't need 10 thousand people. As long as about 10 people on each side kept them on and spread out in an organized way the rabbit plexing would end. If you could filter the notifications to give you notices of say 3-5 jumps then there would likely be many times that number keeping them on. They would be the ones getting the most frequent and best pvp.

You could continue to camp gates in sensor boosted thrashers, or whatever, so there is no need to be so negative. P

You seem awfully concerned (and woefully incorrect) about how I pvp . You should really focus on getting more experience yourself. I think if you whined less and pvp'd more you wouldn't be constantly trying to ruin what is a fairly good system with mechanics that just take more and more out of the player's hand. Just because you have no ability to adapt, doesn't mean the rest of us are that dense as well does it?

nom nom

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#151 - 2013-04-02 15:42:46 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
Best Pvp from farmers? How so?

There would be no pvp, just noobs chasing farmers out of plexes. That "fixes" nothing. I could see systems nobody cares about not flipping every week, but how is that even a problem? Not to mention it's entirely dependent on some dense idiot willing to spend hours chasing farmers around.

X Gallentius wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Chasing rabbits is not fun. So, how do any of your proposals make chasing rabbits fun?

No more chasing. Just fighting in plexes a jump or 2 away. Given the increase in efficiency pvpers would have the farming would end. Why don't you both read what I wrote about why it would end farming and respond to that, instead of back tracking points that were already addressed?

I actually gave an analysis of why it would end farming and you guys keep ignoring it.

Let people know where they need to go to contest the capture of a plex through pvp, and there will be more people contesting the capture of plexes through pvp.

I feel like the guy in Idiocracy telling people to put water on their plants instead of gatorade in order to get a higher yield. You guys just ignore what I write and keep claiming it won't work.

Ginger Barbarella
#152 - 2013-04-02 15:50:14 UTC
Cearain wrote:
You misunderstand how notifications would work. They would work to tell you where timers are running not just where plexes are open.

Thanks for confirming your desire for more Easy Button mechanics.

Work--- like math--- is hard.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#153 - 2013-04-02 15:56:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Because I want people to fight for plexes instead of just orbitting buttons with no resistance, I am labeled as the one wanting an easy button?

Winning sov through pvp is a much harder task than winning by rabbit plexxing. Its also more fun and rewarding.

BTW: I love the way people shift from saying this change will not change anything. To this change will make it too easy to find pvp. Both positions can't be true.

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#154 - 2013-04-02 16:03:11 UTC
But it has electrolytes man!

Cearain wrote:

I feel like the guy in Idiocracy telling people to put water on their plants instead of gatorade in order to get a higher yield. You guys just ignore what I write and keep claiming it won't work.

Personally I have not ignored anything you have wrote, I just disagree with it and find no logic in what you assume (and they are some pretty big assumptions). I can only go on my experience which is fairly extensive.

nom nom

Ginger Barbarella
#155 - 2013-04-02 16:04:54 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Because I want people to fight for plexes instead of just orbitting buttons with no resistance, I am labeled as the one wanting an easy button?

Winning sov through pvp is a much harder task than winning by rabbit plexxing. Its also more fun and rewarding.

So... why exactly are you involved in FW and it's fake "sov" race with all its bad things and horrible mechanics, when you could be safely hidden away in null, fighting the good fight for REAL sov, with all the awesome 'leet battles and rewards?!?!? FW "sov" clearly isn't about just popping ships, but you want the failed null mechanics foisted on FW, too?

And why exactly do you insist on people playing YOUR game, instead of theirs? You clearly still don't get it, do you, Cearain: the game you want exists in null. Quit trying to impose your idea of nullspace on FW space. If you want null sov mechanics, go to null. Quit trying to screw up the game for the rest of us, m'kay?

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#156 - 2013-04-02 16:05:26 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
But it has electrolytes man!

Cearain wrote:

Personally I have not ignored anything you have wrote, I just disagree with it and find no logic in what you assume (and they are some pretty big assumptions). I can only go on my experience which is fairly extensive.

Its what they crave!

What assumptions are you challenging? That on average 1/3 to 1/5 of systems will have no one running a plex?

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#157 - 2013-04-02 16:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Princess Nexxala
That farmers control sov, they have a marginal effect at best because the systems they plex typically do not matter. Also that you will get fights using this notification system, if someone wants a fight, they go to a system that matters and they run a plex. No one who wants pvp is going to run a plex in an empty system. If someone shows up, they will run as per usual.

Cearain wrote:

Its what they crave!

What assumptions are you challenging? That on average 1/3 to 1/5 of systems will have no one running a plex?

I guess the disconnect is, I already think mechanics exist to control the farming hoard, you do not.

nom nom

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#158 - 2013-04-02 16:40:06 UTC
Machiavelli's Nemesis wrote:
*poasting in amarrtard weeping thread*

Didn't see you complaining about farming when amarrs held most of metro and the whole auga/dal constellation due to the farmarr alt horde.

Maybe your shoes have strategically placed spikes so they make you weep piteously only when you put them on the other foot or something.

Hypocrite.

this is very hard for someone of your limited cognitive abilties to understand, but daddy will try to explain it for you. now sit down be quiet and listen:

this thread is about a change for fw, not about amarr whining. you see, a change to plexing for instance, is a change for both sides. sort of like when mommy buys gerber formula for you and your brother. both of you have to drink gerber formula.

daddy would draw a pretty picture for you if i could. instead do you want a binky to make it all better?

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#159 - 2013-04-02 17:17:05 UTC
Cearain wrote:
No more chasing. Just fighting in plexes a jump or 2 away.

How are you going to fight them if they run?

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#160 - 2013-04-02 17:50:15 UTC
Princess Nexxala wrote:
That farmers control sov, they have a marginal effect at best because the systems they plex typically do not matter. Also that you will get fights using this notification system, if someone wants a fight, they go to a system that matters and they run a plex. No one who wants pvp is going to run a plex in an empty system. If someone shows up, they will run as per usual.

Cearain wrote:

Its what they crave!

I guess the disconnect is, I already think mechanics exist to control the farming hoard, you do not.

it's funny you say that. would you say the farming hoard is currently ouut of control, as many people believe?

as it was before.

and when amarr were briefly in the lead.

how many times does it get like it currently is, before you at least start to think that maybe the controls you feel are there, aren't very good?